PDA

View Full Version : High Idle 2002 Prostar 190

kcd
04-23-2010, 05:12 PM
Hey dudes,
Took the boat out for the first run today and everything seemed normal until after bout 20 minutes the idle won't go down under about 1500 RPMs in Neutral...

It starts up at about 1000, then bumps up. Looked at the wires, all look ok. The throttle body looks clean.

Any ideas?

kcd
04-27-2010, 01:45 AM
Bump... anyone got ANY ideas?

I was thinking about gettings some sensor safe solvent/cleaner and seeing if cleaning out the airflow sensors on the throttle body as a prayer, but was hoping someone had a better idea!

"Take it to a dealer, cause you can't fix that" is an acceptable answer too, I suppose!

JUST-IN-TIME
04-27-2010, 02:46 AM
run some fuel cleaner link ringfree or seafoam

and double check with a good tach that it is idling too high

JimN
04-27-2010, 06:45 AM
Bump... anyone got ANY ideas?

I was thinking about gettings some sensor safe solvent/cleaner and seeing if cleaning out the airflow sensors on the throttle body as a prayer, but was hoping someone had a better idea!

"Take it to a dealer, cause you can't fix that" is an acceptable answer too, I suppose!

Look on the side of the throttle body, where the throttle cable attaches. You'll see that the cable end attaches with a ball and there's a sleeve with a spring behind it. Slide the sleeve back and remove the cable from the throttle and see if the idle speed drops. If it does, it could be that the cable is sticking and has some play that can be removed with a bit of adjustment.