PDA

View Full Version : I need to slow down

ahhudgins
04-21-2010, 06:17 PM
I'm determined to get my boat in the water this weekend but I keep having other projects around the house that are keeping me from getting a coat on wax on the hull. I decided to multi-task yesterday and work on two vehicles at one time. I was replacing the EGR valve on my F150 at the same time I was changing the oil and flushing the antifreeze on the company Ranger. Jumped over to the Ranger to start it up and let the new antifreeze get up to temperature when I thought the engine sounded a little odd. Turned around and saw my 5 quarts of new oil still sitting in the driveway. I guess the engine ran about a minute with a new filter and no oil in the pan before I got it shut off. It ran just fine all day today with oil in the pan, and I didn't tell my boss either :D
Now I find out we are going to have rain this weekend. I guess it will give me time to wax the boat in the shed.

83SuperSlot
04-21-2010, 06:19 PM
LOL, I know exactly what you mean!!! I am trying to get my motorcycle, jeep, and MC ready and now I have to babysit the niece and nephew this weekend... I guess they are going to have to spend the day in the boat on the driveway so I can get it done.... :) :)

JMann
04-21-2010, 07:05 PM
I know what you mean. I have been trying to finish preparing my boat for the first outing for 3 weeks now but keep getting distracted.
I have changed the plug wire but need to change the oil, etc. Hopefully this weekend if nothing else comes up. I want to go out Monday and make sure it's running well before my first day at the lake.

ahhudgins
04-21-2010, 10:33 PM
I'm normally not this far behind at this time of year, but we had snow covering the ground for most of the winter, which is unusual for us. Damn that Global Warning!

sk8salomon
04-22-2010, 07:08 AM
i feel ya brotha. between the rain flooding last fall and the cold winter, everybody is ready to work on projects this spring. i talked to a guy who works at lowes and he said this is the busiest season they have had in years. i just keep telling myself..."it will all work out". drink a beer, ski some and work on projects when you get spare time...easy to say right?

cmw
04-22-2010, 09:09 AM
Very true. Check out Home Depot stock. Maybe a new boat in the future:D

TayMC197
04-22-2010, 09:18 AM
Yeap, I finally got the time to change the oil in both vehicles and the boat last weekend.

CantRepeat
04-22-2010, 09:43 AM
I always put my keys next to the new oil!