PDA

View Full Version : Trampoline brand suggestion

nmcjr
04-18-2010, 09:42 PM
Hi,

I am in the market for a trampoline. I recently jumped on a cheap one and the bounce was terrible. So, I want to find one with good bounce and that will hold up. Any suggestions?

Also, I am thinking 14', does that sound like a good size?

Thanks!!

jbkriss
04-19-2010, 11:17 AM
I bought a Skywalker Trampoline about a year ago for the kids and am very pleased with it. They're little (under 4) and go on it everyday. It is the 15' x 17' oval shape trampoline and was about $700. It's pretty big, but rebounds similar to a rectangular trampoline (which is the best but expensive) and you can relatively safely put more than one person on it. It also has a safety enclosure that is on the inside of the springs which helps to reduce injury. They say you're not supposed to have more than one person on a round one at a time. If money is no object, try Texas Trampolines for a large rectangular trampoline which will come in just under $2000 before the safety net. But those are professional trampolines... might be overkill for what you need.

nidus72
04-19-2010, 01:11 PM
Hey,

I went with a SpringFree trampoline and the kids love it. It's also much safer than a normal tramp from the research I did.

lanier92prostar
04-19-2010, 01:41 PM
Whatever brand you get, make sure you anchor it down!

scott023
04-19-2010, 01:43 PM

Anchor like you've never anchored before.

Rockman
04-19-2010, 02:39 PM
Hey,

I went with a SpringFree trampoline and the kids love it. It's also much safer than a normal tramp from the research I did.

The spring free one is not as safe as you think.

There is a website out there that tested various trampolines and they showed how unsafe a springless one was for anyone standing outside the trampoline watching the jumpers...not a good thing if a little kid puts his/her hands near the edges. The carrot example was not something I would want to see happen to a child's fingers.

Jerseydave
04-19-2010, 02:56 PM
Check your homeowners ins policy first before buying a trampoline. Your rates will go up!

cmw
04-19-2010, 03:46 PM
I bought a Skywalker Trampoline about a year ago for the kids and am very pleased with it. They're little (under 4) and go on it everyday. It is the 15' x 17' oval shape trampoline and was about $700. It's pretty big, but rebounds similar to a rectangular trampoline (which is the best but expensive) and you can relatively safely put more than one person on it. It also has a safety enclosure that is on the inside of the springs which helps to reduce injury. They say you're not supposed to have more than one person on a round one at a time. If money is no object, try Texas Trampolines for a large rectangular trampoline which will come in just under $2000 before the safety net. But those are professional trampolines... might be overkill for what you need.

Bought the same one for my daughter about two months ago. Kids love it. Keeps them outside.

TX.X-30 fan
04-19-2010, 05:41 PM
Did anyone mention anchoring?

coz
04-19-2010, 06:04 PM

Or you can do like us, put that sucker in the ground, that way if they bounce off they don't have a long fall to the ground.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2098/1663518594_38c4f39974_o.jpg

ahhudgins
04-19-2010, 06:23 PM
Check your homeowners ins policy first before buying a trampoline. Your rates will go up!

I second what he said. I've had a trampoline for about 8 eight years and my wife hates it. She is our insurance agent, so naturally it's not listed on our home owners policy. She intends to shop around to get us a lower rate and she said "The trampoline HAS to come down before the inspection". Of course I'll put it back up!;) We've never had a single accident but I have caught my kids attempting to jump off our 10 foot deck onto it.

Rockman
04-19-2010, 06:45 PM

Your rates will NOT go up...depends who you have for insurance.

Rockman
04-19-2010, 06:49 PM
Link to topic discussed last summer...

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=30874&highlight=trampoline

ahhudgins
04-19-2010, 07:58 PM
Your rates will NOT go up...depends who you have for insurance.

That's why njskier said "check with your insurance company.." and why I agreed.
Most (not all) insurance companies are now putting trampolines in the same group as swimming pools: “Attractive nuisances”. They require you to put up a protective fence and “No Trespassing” signs to keep the neighborhood kids out of your yard when you’re not at home. You just might want to ask first. If you follow their guidelines and someone still gets hurt, you are less likely to get sued. And not to change the subject, but my wife is thinking of getting out of the insurance business because a lot of states are now raising rates based on a low credit score. It has nothing to do with your property value, just another reason to charge customers more.

nmcjr
04-19-2010, 10:10 PM
Thanks for all the info. I have already researched the insurance portion. I should have mentioned-this tramp is actually for me (although I used my daughter as part of getting it past the wife) so at 200 lbs. I need to be a little particular about the rebound-ability of the tramp.

ahhudgins
04-19-2010, 11:14 PM
I don't remember what brand mine is, but it's a 12 foot round one I got a Walmart ($250 ?). I also said it was for the kids, but it was mostly for me :). Used it for practicing my flips, but when I worked on it behind the boat I blew my knee out. When I purchased mine, I believe the weight limit was around 220lbs. We went over the limit because it's no fun unless you can double bounce your kids 10 feet into the air! We've had ours at least 7 or 8 years and we are on our second mat. I rarely use it any more but my 16 year old still gets on it from time to time. Not too bad for $250