PDA

View Full Version : Impeller on a LT1 Engine

megapea
04-17-2010, 02:40 PM
I took out my impeller last fall on my 1999 Maristar with the LT1 engine. I ordered a new one from Skidim, and would like to install it. My question is, which way do I "curl" the tabs? I forgot to look when I removed it last year, and want to install it correctly. I bought the boat last fall, so this is my first year with it. Does it matter which way it is put in, or will the tabs orient themselves correctly once I start the engine? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide me on this matter!

Jerseydave
04-17-2010, 02:43 PM
When looking at the front of the engine, it turns clockwise. But it really doesn't matter, the vanes will correct themselves anyway. Just soak it real good with binding lube, dish soap or a mix of water the shampoo. (BTW I use herbal essense shampoo/water in a spray bottle as binding lube, works great!)

Where are you in the northeast?

JLeuck64
04-17-2010, 02:44 PM
You can just bump the engine over to see which way it rotates without starting it. The impeller blades would need to be oriented or folded down opposite of the normal engine rotation.

megapea
04-17-2010, 03:05 PM
I'm in Ohio, just a little south of Youngstown. I've wanted a Mastercraft for years, and finally got one! It's the first boat that I have owned, but have been around boats my whole life. I can't wait to get it back in the water!!!