PDA

View Full Version : Videos..Which One?

LakePirate
06-21-2005, 12:58 AM
So I have been looking about and was looking at getting a video.
As I bring it to the expert panel which one Mapple's or Ross'?

Looks like a personal choice and the price is the same. Just looking for a review from a non-biased source.

JEREMY79
06-21-2005, 10:29 AM
Flip a coin. You want me to flip it??

ski_king
06-21-2005, 10:34 AM
I haven't seen the one from Ross.
The Mapple one has lots of good tips, but most likley will put you to sleep in less than 15 minutes.

east tx skier
06-21-2005, 11:21 AM
Get the Ross video. If anything, it's got some pretty good ski footage. The instruction is geared towards guys who ski a lot better than I do, and it is the "new school" approach, but I've watched it countless times just for the ski footage. The Mapple video is alright, but they spend too much time talking about it.

Over both of those videos, I'd get the Secret Spot.

LakePirate
06-22-2005, 12:13 AM
Flip a coin. You want me to flip it??

Call it in the air....

Leroy
06-30-2005, 05:49 PM
Checked out "Waterskiiers GUide to Excellence" VHS tape from the library and it is really good. Little old and funny to see people cutting up the course with wooden Dick Pope and those little white bindings!

rodltg2
06-30-2005, 05:57 PM
the mapple video isalthough informative is very boring and does not have much skiing footage. the secret spot is entertaining but will not help you with your skiing.

jamisonsbrodie
06-30-2005, 07:42 PM
I liked the Ross video. It took me a few times to understand everything he was talking about, but it really helped. Also it has a bit of humor in it which was good. "Stay low long"!!!