PDA

View Full Version : Carburetor help, PLEASE!!!!

hardycm
06-20-2005, 10:35 PM
I'm helping rebuild the carb on my friend's 'craft prior to a group trip this weekend. We got the carb reinstalled on Saturday and when we run the engine in idle, we see gas dripping out of the venturis for the primary. It seems like a problem with the float, but I've had it apart 3 times since to check everything out, and all looks fine. I even stuck the float in a can of gas to make sure it really does float.

I've called Holley and Skidim and they also suggest the float, but that doesn't seem to be it. Any thoughts?

pup
06-20-2005, 11:03 PM
check the float level by removing the plugs on the side of the bowl. fuel should be at the bottom of the hole. if the power valve was not seating fuel could leak from the venturis. if you changed the power valve try putting the old one back in.

hardycm
06-21-2005, 07:07 AM
unfortunately, this is the "non-adjustable" type -- not plugs to check the fuel level. Good idea on the power valve. I'm thinking of also changing back to the old seat/valve set.

Hunterb
06-21-2005, 02:42 PM
CHeck the accelerator pump as well. It needs to have about .010" clearance at idle. If the cam is tight against the operating lever it will dribble gas at idle, making for a rough idle which shakes the motor and causes the operating lever to jiggle even more etc.

That may help. Good luck !!

Bruce