PDA

View Full Version : Engine Block Drains

liquidforceb069
04-12-2010, 10:39 PM
i need to find the brass bolts or whatever is on the side of the block to drain it.. above the oil pan. anyone know where i can find these also?? i dont have a pic of this one sorry!

CruisinGA
04-12-2010, 10:57 PM
You mean you need to find replacements, or find their location on the engine?

Replacements can be had at almost any hardware store/homedepot/lowes. It is just a 1/4" NPT brass plug. Use teflon tape or other thread sealant when reinstalling.

Cloaked
04-12-2010, 11:10 PM
i need to find the brass bolts or whatever is on the side of the block to drain it.. above the oil pan. anyone know where i can find these also?? i dont have a pic of this one sorry!Look on the side of the engine block, either side. When you take the plus out, it will shoot over onto your carpet. Just a word of caution if you're all about dry carpet. No big deal.

Chicago190
04-12-2010, 11:29 PM
i need to find the brass bolts or whatever is on the side of the block to drain it.. above the oil pan. anyone know where i can find these also?? i dont have a pic of this one sorry!

It varies by engine, but most of the fuel injected engines have a brass plug in the middle of block, above the pan, on the port side of the engine. It will be fairly obvious when you see it. On the starboard side, there will be a sensor screwed in to the block with a small wiring harness connected, in the same position as the port drain plug. This is the knock sensor, which also serves as the starboard drain plug. On the carbed motors, there should be no knock sensor, just drain plugs. I think some engines have more than 2 drain plugs, but I could be wrong about that.

east tx skier
04-12-2010, 11:56 PM
1/4 on the engine; 3/4 on the manifold. I got them at NAPA for a couple of bucks.

liquidforceb069
04-27-2010, 08:27 PM
yeah thats what i meant.. i dont have any. this guy hooked up some hoses off of it to spray hot water on your hands so he could ski in the winter... no joke!

83SuperSlot
04-27-2010, 11:09 PM
yeah thats what i meant.. i dont have any. this guy hooked up some hoses off of it to spray hot water on your hands so he could ski in the winter... no joke!

What did he do?