PDA

View Full Version : Ohio and Neighboring States? Reunion?

93Prostar190
04-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Edited on 5/11/2010 - Officially this thread has developed in a full Buckeye Bash, August 21, 2010 at O'Shaughnessy Reservoir in Columbus, OH complete with a MC get together at the local Wings establishment where MC Boats will fill the parking lot. The original posts follow below: but stay tuned ... the RSVP list is up to 20 and growing in 2 short days.

Well guys ... I am jealous of the recent Tampa reunion and I miss the days of TeamMC having reunions across the country.

I am willing to help organize an owner's reunion day here for the State of Ohio and anyone willing to come in from out of state. I am in Central Ohio near Alum Creek Lake and O'Shaughnessy Reservoir (whereo our ski club has a slalom course on the public river/lake).

Any interest out there for a modest get together ... maybe on a Friday in July or August? We can probably use the Lakes during the day and find a nice BBQ type location for some evening festivities?

The bodies of water are not as big as some of the Southern Reunions but maybe we can put together a nice 1 day party?

Who knows with enough interest we can maybe invite some dealer participation into the event like the nice folks at BHM Tri-Lakes? I am sure our ski club MOWSC.com here in Columbus would be happy to participate and share our slalom course.

Reply to the thread if you are interested. July 23rd a good date for everyone? or suggest new dates if you like.

Just trying to get the ball rolling here in the Buckeye state ... I think I can get a little bit of petty cash rolling for some MC merchandise from our company (even though it has nothing to do with customers!!)

Any interest?

Double D
04-12-2010, 09:16 PM
I'm very interested. Not sure how July 23rd will work out since that is our typical family camping vacation at Berlin Reservoir in Northeast Ohio. Maybe August..

Can this be something where you bring your own boat and park it, or is there no room?

93Prostar190
04-12-2010, 09:22 PM
August is great as well! At O'Shaughnessy it is a river type reservoir where we slalom and wakeboard all the time on smooth water. So an in water reunion there would be ideal not a cruisn lake but certainly awesome for watersports.

Alum Creek would be more social like Berlin Lake is but can get much more crowded and less friendly for watersports ... better camping nearby and a full service marina however.

I am open to any venue including further north or south to get the most interest.

Glad to hear from you.

Double D
04-12-2010, 09:26 PM
I suggest you keep it where you planned to have it. Nice and central.

cf_koch
04-13-2010, 10:42 AM
I would be interested but, unfortunately we have a trip planned on July 23.

Cetral OH would be good but you may get more support from BHM @ Tri-lakes and Water's Edge Boardshop if we use Berlin, Milton, or West Branch.

aremsing
04-13-2010, 10:45 AM
I would probably be willing to come down from Michigan for it. My only request would be to do a Saturday instead. Just my thoughts

93Prostar190
04-13-2010, 11:44 AM
Based on feedback so far how about in August on the 14th? .... anyone ?

Doesn't conflict with Buckeye football ..... ;)

VOLFAN
04-13-2010, 12:18 PM
check out Mag Mania in Sept. on lake Cumberland in Nancy, KY Lee's Ford Marina

Ben
04-13-2010, 12:22 PM
Put me down for Maybe.

Double D
04-13-2010, 12:36 PM
Based on feedback so far how about in August on the 14th? .... anyone ?

Doesn't conflict with Buckeye football ..... ;)

August 14th is better. I am a definite "want to come" but I will know more closer to the date. It is on my calendar. :D

aremsing
04-13-2010, 01:30 PM
August 14th looks a lot better.
Although if Ben is going, I'm staying home hahaha

93Prostar190
04-13-2010, 01:34 PM
check out Mag Mania in Sept. on lake Cumberland in Nancy, KY Lee's Ford Marina

I totally plan on attending Mag Mania this year ..... just trying to put a small 1 day event together in Ohio if it works out .... if not, then at least we tried.

Thanks for your post.:)

Footin
04-13-2010, 08:11 PM
I'm in, Alum or Oshag are on 30 minutes away for me.

FlatBoard
04-13-2010, 08:47 PM
Great idea. My 30 year High School reunion is that weekend and I will be going to events on Friday and then leaving for Norris Lake on August 14. If it works out to be another day, I will be there!!

Ben
04-14-2010, 07:21 AM
August 14th looks a lot better.
Although if Ben is going, I'm staying home hahaha

You're the slacker that never came to play hockey when the lake was solid....

I'd be in if we are planning to be in c-bus the final weekend that is selected. We are not planned out that far yet.

willyt
04-20-2010, 04:55 PM
hey hey,
Just bought a 2005 X-2, I'm down in cinci these days but i grew up in columbus. There are alot of mastercraft owners on www.cincywake.com... might want to see if everyone there is interested.

2RLAKE
04-20-2010, 06:07 PM
sounds like fun ... I keep my boat at Norris but would be interested if it works.

93Prostar190
04-20-2010, 07:38 PM
Sounds like there is a fair amount of interest. I will see what I can do to pull in some sponsorship and donations for some cool items. I will also involve our local Water Ski Club so that we have the slalom course accessible all day. Lastly, I think we can also arrange a BBQ after time on the water.

All suggestions welcome. I did hear from a few folks that the 14th is great but to maybe consider the 21st since the PWT has a stop on the 14th. Either one works for me. Thanks for everyone that has responded so far. About 2 months out, I will put a more formal agenda (formal? who am I kidding, we just want to know where and when and what we are eating!) and RSVP together.

Peace.

ntidsl
04-21-2010, 07:43 AM
I'll try to keep some weekends open...smooth water with course? sounds good to me!

jkski
04-21-2010, 08:02 AM
Sounds like fun and both dates should work for us just keep me posted and we will make the trek.

captain planet
04-24-2010, 11:27 AM
I just found this thread thanks to Double D. Depending on the date this I'm interested in possibly attending. I'll tell casx2 and sped about it as well.

As of now it is August 14th at some lake in Columbus, correct?

93Prostar190
04-24-2010, 07:57 PM
Yes sir ... August 14th or the 21st ... some folks have commented how the 14 has a PWT stop. O'Shay is open with the slalom course .... got the wife working on some t-shirts and a BBQ location for after the water activities.

mbpd312
04-25-2010, 12:35 AM
let me know

rsmith_5568
05-08-2010, 08:25 PM
sounds like a good time would love to attend

americanskierJim
05-08-2010, 10:52 PM
I would like to attend the meet. I would hope by then the LTD will be in the water. I am sure it will be ready to show.

93Prostar190
05-10-2010, 12:06 PM
Alright! We have some interest and I have volunteered myself for the event. Let's do August 21 at O'Shaughnessy Reservoir (our backup can be Alum Creek but a weekend day that Lake will really just be a little too crowded.)

So put it into your calendar's August 21, 2010 - The Ohio Mastercraft TT Gathering. Please spread the word.

Our local water ski club mowsc.com (Mid Ohio Water Ski Club) has reserved the slalom course for day on the North Side of O'Shaugnessy Reservoir and we can also use Area O which is part of the Park System as an outdoor picnic venue that overlooks the water where the course is in place. Water access is a bit sketchy there if you like your hull like I do, but some people park their boats by our club dock.

There is no tubing at O'Shaughnessy as it is a river based reservoir but both the Northern and Southern sections of the Lake can be used for all water ski activities. So I am hoping someone teaches me to wake surf since I am mostly a slalom skier. But seriously here is a "rough" agenda for the day.

Anytime after 9:00 am - meet people at the boat ramp or on the water (only 1 Ramp at O'Shaugnessy) ... we will have a little registration table setup to welcome people and help them with a layout of the waterway. The wife is also going to make up some T-shirts for the event so you can get yours then.

Boating time on the water from 9:00 - evening. Course available all day. Some of us early rats may already have a set in by 9:00.
Around 1:00 some grills will fire up in the Area O picnic area, so lunch can be eaten if you feel like it.
Maybe after lunch some of the boarders of the group can put on a best trick competition?

Still working on dinner plans. We can certainly use the O'Shaughnessy Area O for dinner, but we do need to be careful about "adult" beverages since it is Columbus Park property.

I think it may be cool to take over the local Wings establishment with a lot of MC's in the parking lot that night and have some brews and wings in their parking lot. I can try and arrange that if it works for everyone.

If you want to RSVP using this thread, we can get an idea of headcount and move forward with this ... I am really looking forward to it.

As the event gets closer we can firm up details. I'll keep posting information in the coming weeks to keep bumping up this thread. Maybe a mod can take this post and help make it a sticky so I can keep adding pertinent information as it arrives? (or should I create a new thread?)

93Prostar190 - is in with 4 people, Rob,Sara, and friends (plus our 2 kids)

Are you coming .... although this is a Buckeye state reunion, all other states welcome ... including the boaters from that state up north.

aremsing
05-10-2010, 01:00 PM
I would say right now you can count on myself plus 3 minimum.
A couple of quick questions...
where is the most nearby place to say the night?
2. "Careful" about adult beverages? I'm not sure I do well with moderation

Double D
05-10-2010, 02:34 PM
It's a bit of ways out there but you can count us in. That would be my family (4) plus my brother (1) the Nautique owner.

I kind of like the idea of filling the "Wings" parking lot with MasterCraft's and having a few brews with dinner later in the evening.

Let your wife know if she need's any help on the design of the shirts, to let me know.

Need a slogan now too. I borrowed some of these from ones I suggested for Ken.

Got O'Shaugged in the big O.H.

I got Pulled in the big O.H.

I got Yanked at O'Shaugnessy!

I threw a Trantrum at Ohio's O'Shaugnessy!

Yeah, I know........they suck!

captain planet
05-10-2010, 02:58 PM
It's a bit of ways out there but you can count us in. That would be my family (4) plus my brother (1) the Nautique owner.
I kind of like the idea of filling the "Wings" parking lot with MasterCraft's and having a few brews with dinner later in the evening.

Let your wife know if she need's any help on the design of the shirts, to let me know.

Need a slogan now too. I borrowed some of these from ones I suggested for Ken.

Got O'Shaugged in the big O.H.

I got Pulled in the big O.H.

I got Yanked at O'Shaugnessy!

I threw a Trantrum at Ohio's O'Shaugnessy!

Yeah, I know........they suck!

Is it legal to bring a ski antique..oops, I mean ski nautique owner to an MC event?? 8p;)

Double D
05-10-2010, 03:07 PM
Is it legal to bring a ski antique..oops, I mean ski nautique owner to an MC event?? 8p;)

Sure! I can bring the person right? Just not the boat!!

93Prostar190
05-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Working with the local Quaker Steak and Lube just off Polaris Parkway for the evening festivities .... use their parking lot and have some brews and wings outside on their porch in the evening. For people staying overnight there are many hotels in the Polaris area, Hilton Garden Inn, Hilton, Wingate and more ... the Hilton Garden Inn would be 1st choice since it is just across the street from Quaker Steak and Lube.

93Prostar190
05-10-2010, 05:44 PM
slogans? ... I'll need help with that ...

"6 Balls and Wake Buckeye State Party"
"Rounding 6 and headed for beer!"
"H2Ohio MC Boats Party"
"MC's Play on O"Shay!"

TX.X-30 fan
05-10-2010, 07:03 PM
Count me in!!!

TX.X-30 fan
05-10-2010, 07:03 PM
Mr.master.................. directions??

Footin
05-10-2010, 08:13 PM
Count me in, only 25 minutes away.

Me, my wife and two kids.

Double D
05-10-2010, 09:33 PM
Count me in!!!

I would really be impressed if you drove 21.5 hours to join us.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Lake+Travis&daddr=O'Shaughnessy+Reservoir&geocode=FZkj0AEdqgwq-inbwHCRVDBbhjEnwjwJixL79A%3BFa52ZQIdlGQL-yn_9KA5Juw4iDGOI3jDw1uivw&hl=en&mra=ls&sll=30.417817,-97.907542&sspn=0.129085,0.264187&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=6

jkski
05-11-2010, 08:39 AM
Count me in for 2 and let me know if we can do anything to help.

captain planet
05-11-2010, 08:44 AM
Count me in!!!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Lake+Travis&daddr=O'Shaughnessy+Reservoir&geocode=FZkj0AEdqgwq-inbwHCRVDBbhjEnwjwJixL79A%3BFa52ZQIdlGQL-yn_9KA5Juw4iDGOI3jDw1uivw&hl=en&mra=ls&sll=30.417817,-97.907542&sspn=0.129085,0.264187&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=6

Uh...if TX makes the trip, I'll really have to make an effort to get there!

willyt
05-11-2010, 11:39 AM
count me and my X2 in as well. Parents live in powell (less than 5 minutes away) so its easy to make it.

captain planet
05-11-2010, 12:03 PM
Having never been on O'Shaughnessy and only viewing it from Google Earth, I'm assuming it's a pretty shallow lake? Looks like you wouldn't want to go north of where Route 42 crosses the lake? Any areas to avoid due to underwater hazards? Is the ramp located just south of the Home Road bridge?

93Prostar190
05-11-2010, 12:18 PM
Captain - great questions ..... yes it can be shallow and I will make it a point to make sure I scout the water the week of the event in August. I plan on putting together some information on the Lake for everyone but here goes a quick synopsis ...

The boat Ramp is at the midway point of the Lake and is located just South of where Riverside and Home Road intersect.

I have applied for a permit so the Lake will not be hosting any Bass tourneys while we are there so the Lake will be primarily us MC folks on a Saturday like that.

To the North of the ramp is where we typically slalom ski ... water depths from 12 ft down to 4.5 ft and I never venture much past the power lines to the North (beoyond that is where 42 crosses, although many I/O's go that way all the time) Our slalom course is just south of the power lines where the 2 mini Bays appear in the map.

If you put in at the Ramp and go left (South) that is the way most of Wakeboard boats go ... water is over 12 foot and deeper to 30 ft or so.

So the Lake is basically 2 halves North and South with the Boat ramp no wake zone as the middle section connecting them.

It is not an ideal lake for tubing since it is not allowed and since it is more like a river it is a really good lake for good water all day, protection from the wind, and competition boats.

If you want to have a rope in your hands it is an excellent choice ... if you prefer to cruise and swim then we need to go to another OHio Lake or better yet south to Cumberland or Norris. The regular ODNR Lakes on a Saturday will be totally crowded.

No jet skis ... no tubers .... mostly competition boats ... means pretty good conditions for mid-day skiing on Ohio waters on a Saturday.

There is no fuel dock so come full of gas (and Stabil depending on which thread you are reading (sorry could not resist ;))

The area by the Slalom course is Area O and I am seeing if I can make arrangements for a temporary dock so we can grill and chill by the course and watch people rip some bouys and after lunch it will be a great venue for wakeboarding trick contest if people are game. It may give it a mini grass roots tourney feel.

Plan B is ALum Creek if O'Shay is too low but we have only had that happen once in the past 11-12 years.

Our club usually uses the course till October so the water usually cooperates. Knocking on Teak Wood as I write this.

Wife is working on t-shirts ...... for the Buckeye Bash!

I hope the water even cooperates so we can see some footin'

My company is going to donate some prizes (please don't get your hopes too high) but try to make it a little bit like a tournament.

aremsing
05-11-2010, 01:47 PM
Wow will I struggle rocking a "Buckeye Bash" t-shirt

93Prostar190
05-11-2010, 01:53 PM
Wow will I struggle rocking a "Buckeye Bash" t-shirt

As a Buckeye, I have no problem with that .... as a fair minded MC owner I am just using the word Buckeye as the term given to our State Tree and not a college mascot that crushes small rodents from the North.

Still looking for a real slogan and we can avoid the word Buckeye to keep things civil, but at least we can agree on the shirt color right? Scarlet and gray? ;)

aremsing
05-11-2010, 02:27 PM
I can respect the use of Buckeye in regards to your state, I can handle that for a day, should I remove my Michigan license plate and boat registration numbers as to not upset the locals lol?

TX.X-30 fan
05-11-2010, 05:45 PM

Very kind, I'd enjoy a vacation but...................

Thanks for the link!!

Uh...if TX makes the trip, I'll really have to make an effort to get there!

If I come I'm heading by Lake Jackson and bringing Ron Paul to help drive some. :D

93Prostar190
05-13-2010, 04:29 PM
Well everyone I have an update .... James from Tri-Lakes Marine just called me and he is looking to get involved with the event. They really are great people at that dealership.

We also have a reservation for the evening festivities at the local Quaker Steak and Lube with reserved parking for the MC boats and trailers .... looks like Buckeye Boat Bash 2010 is coming together nicely ... I'll put up a web page on our Club's web site in the next few days so we can post information, maps, pics, and more. Keep August 21, 2010 in your calendar ..... now back to the logo design!

Rock on.

thatsmrmastercraft
05-13-2010, 05:05 PM

Here you go: http://www.mapquest.com/mq/5-AlHJLLT64_GqENAmBY7p

Approx. 1250 miles

Estimated travel time 19.5 hours

captain planet
05-13-2010, 05:06 PM
Well everyone I have an update .... James from Tri-Lakes Marine just called me and he is looking to get involved with the event. They really are great people at that dealership.

We also have a reservation for the evening festivities at the local Quaker Steak and Lube with reserved parking for the MC boats and trailers .... looks like Buckeye Boat Bash 2010 is coming together nicely ... I'll put up a web page on our Club's web site in the next few days so we can post information, maps, pics, and more. Keep August 21, 2010 in your calendar ..... now back to the logo design!

Rock on.

I was just at Tri-Lakes yesterday and mentioned this to Chris. He told me they were probably going to do something. Good folks over there at Tri-Lakes. Plus they have a 2010 TT sitting the in the show room right now!!!!! :love::love::love: That boat looks AWSOME in person.....and now you will have to excuse me.

aremsing
05-14-2010, 01:04 PM
Any idea of a head count as of yet?

93Prostar190
05-14-2010, 04:44 PM
Any idea of a head count as of yet?
Heck it is still early but interest seems very high .... right now it looks like at least 6-7 boats and 25 people .... but I believe it is headed more in the 20 boat range with all the interest and PM's I have received. I am guessing right now at around 50 people.

August 21 is pretty far away right now, but we will certainly keep this on everyone's radar as an end of Summer bash just before Labor Day.

Tri-Lakes Marine is involved .... and several people from the local boat club have pledged support ... I think we are going to have a great event.

without trying to sound too pushy .... you need to be here!!! Should be worth the trip. At worst case, I will be happy to buy you a cold one or two after we spend time on the water.

Double D
05-14-2010, 10:39 PM
Heck it is still early but interest seems very high .... right now it looks like at least 6-7 boats and 25 people .... but I believe it is headed more in the 20 boat range with all the interest and PM's I have received. I am guessing right now at around 50 people.

August 21 is pretty far away right now, but we will certainly keep this on everyone's radar as an end of Summer bash just before Labor Day.

Tri-Lakes Marine is involved .... and several people from the local boat club have pledged support ... I think we are going to have a great event.

without trying to sound too pushy .... you need to be here!!! Should be worth the trip. At worst case, I will be happy to buy you a cold one or two after we spend time on the water.

Here, here!!!:D

93Prostar190
05-24-2010, 02:23 PM
Keep August 21st on your calendars!!!! Just quick update ..... we are still looking for an official name but MC Buckeye Bash is the front runner. Wife is going to work on t-shirts or logos. We may coordinate that with James at Tri-Lakes.

Going to the river this evening to slalom a bit ....... weather has turned for the better this week in Central Ohio.

Did I mention to keep the august 21st on your calendar? If we can get 20 boats here on that day I'll buy the first round for everyone!!!!

Have a great holiday weekend !

calls311
05-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Keep us informed, would be interested in a MC reunion for OHIO!

OHIOPRO205
05-28-2010, 10:25 PM
You can put me down. Not sure how many or if I will bring my MC but sounds fun. Looking forward to it.

93Prostar190
06-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Hey everyone, I hope you had a great holiday weekend .... a quick update on our August 21 Bash!

James from Tri-Lakes Marine has commited to bringing down one of the TT boats, plus a wakeboard boat. We will work out more details as the event gets closer but it is shaping up nicely. With his dealership support and some other sources, we should be able to have an event worthy of a MC Owner Reunion.

Keep it on your calendar .... should be sweet! August 21, 2010 - 1st Annual Buckeye Bash on O'Shay

Double D
06-01-2010, 11:17 AM
Sounds Great!! OhioPro205, you gotta bring the boat!!

Ryan
06-01-2010, 10:58 PM
Hopefully I will have moved to IN by Aug 21. Either way, I think I can pull this off. I'll let you know in a week to confirm. What is the boat count?

93Prostar190
06-02-2010, 08:06 AM
Hopefully I will have moved to IN by Aug 21. Either way, I think I can pull this off. I'll let you know in a week to confirm. What is the boat count?

Moving to Indiana? what did you do wrong? ;)

right now it is at around 10-11 boats and climbing .... more than 30 people .... hoping to get to 20 boats and 50 people but the response has already been great and we hope to see you there!!!!!

aremsing
06-02-2010, 01:53 PM
93 Prostar, you should post an RSVP list like the CSM thread. It lets everyone know where others are coming from. Once I saw someone driving from Florida and Boston to Charlotte I figured Michigan wasn't too far, maybe we can talk some others into it also.
For us, right now it looks like me plus 3 and my boat

93Prostar190
06-03-2010, 07:18 AM
93 Prostar, you should post an RSVP list like the CSM thread. It lets everyone know where others are coming from. Once I saw someone driving from Florida and Boston to Charlotte I figured Michigan wasn't too far, maybe we can talk some others into it also.
For us, right now it looks like me plus 3 and my boat

you are right ... I will put together the RSVP list (I am also going to create a page on our CLub web site for more information about the event).

I'll be in touch in the next few days, I am spending a little time at the PGA Tour Event that is in Columbus this week.

Peace.

Jim@BAWS
06-03-2010, 09:15 AM
I dont know how far you are from upstate NY. This event last year was awesome. Castaway puts on a GREAT event dealer sponsored. You may want to look at this event as a possibilty

Lake George is a beautiful lake located in the Adirondack Mountains of Central upstate NY

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=35318

Jim@BAWS

Double D
06-03-2010, 10:44 AM
Yeah, thats a 11 to 12 hour drive from the Columbus, Ohio area to Lake George. About 9 to 10 hours for me. Sounds like fun but its hard to travel that far.

That is why I applaud 93Prostar190 for getting this set up for our area. Looking forward to it. I will be up at Boat House Marine this evening and will be applauding them as well for their involvement.

I dont know how far you are from upstate NY. This event last year was awesome. Castaway puts on a GREAT event dealer sponsored. You may want to look at this event as a possibilty

Lake George is a beautiful lake located in the Adirondack Mountains of Central upstate NY

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=35318

Jim@BAWS

93Prostar190
06-04-2010, 07:19 AM
Jim ... that event caught my eye but it conflicts with some family trips already in place for me ... I had the same problem with CSM.

I think a 1 day gathering in Ohio is going to work well since most every corner of the state can reach our central location within 2 hours. I am also hopeful and welcoming to friends from our neighbor states as well since many of those are within a 3 hour drive.

Heck, Southwest flies direct from Tampa to Columbus, I will be happy to pick you up at the airport if you want to join us that day!

Double D, thanks for the applause ... now you just became my partner in the event planning! ;) Thanks for the support, we will have a great event.

Double D
06-04-2010, 08:22 AM
Double D, thanks for the applause ... now you just became my partner in the event planning! ;) Thanks for the support, we will have a great event.

All you need to do is ask and I will see what I can do. No guarantees.... ;)

How is the design for the shirts going?

93Prostar190
06-21-2010, 02:51 PM
Current RSVP List - (please reply to the thread and I can update)

93Prostar190 - 4 adults, 2 kids, (all helping with the event) and a 2008 PS 214
Footin' - 2 adults + 2 kids
WillyT - he said yes and is bringing his X2?
Ben - maybe?
JKI - 2 confirmed, + boat!
Captain Planet - how many?
Armesing - 4 (special guest status from Michigan - free 1st round of drinks)
Double D - 3 adults, 2 children, maybe a Canine + Boat
CALLS311 - ?
OhioPro205 - how many?
Ryan - ?
NTIDSL - ?
Tri-Lakes Marine - James + 2 demo boats?

anyone else ... August 21, 2010 - Buckeye State Gathering !!!!!!!!!!! C'mon get it on your calendars!!!!! Slalom course, wake trick competition, 2 demo boats from Tri-Lakes Marine, giveaways, wings, beer, beer, wings, and more!!!!!

Web page can be found at http://www.mowsc.com/MCBash2010.htm

jkski
06-21-2010, 03:13 PM
93Pro,
I will bring my boat and just let me know if we can do anything to help. Looking forward to it!

Double D
06-21-2010, 03:27 PM
I am planning for three adults, two children and the boat. We wont be staying the night. Will the food and beverage be inside or outside? I question that so I can decide to bring the dog or not....

ntidsl
06-21-2010, 03:40 PM
glick road, thats exactly where I bought my boat from...weird!!! it was an easy tow for sure...very tempting, just hard when you have you own house on water with the boat ramp 1 miles away...where is everyone staying hotel? camping? etc.. also dock space? etc...

93Prostar190
06-21-2010, 03:47 PM
glick road, thats exactly where I bought my boat from...weird!!! it was an easy tow for sure...very tempting, just hard when you have you own house on water with the boat ramp 1 miles away...where is everyone staying hotel? camping? etc.. also dock space? etc...

I am sure we can make room on some of the boats that are coming but you should bring yours ... that is part of the fun ... just 2 hours north on I-71.

Most people are driving in and leaving the same day .... overnight visitors can stay at Hilton Garden Inn which is next to Quaker Steak and where plan to park the boats on trailers while we enjoy wings, etc ... or we can pick a venue a little closer to the Lake.

We will have access to some of the slips for the day but not overnight since there is no lodging at the Lake.

Just a 1 day reunion but we certainly need to have some of SW part of the State represented .... c'mon up!!!!!

93Prostar190
06-21-2010, 03:49 PM
I am planning for three adults, two children and the boat. We wont be staying the night. Will the food and beverage be inside or outside? I question that so I can decide to bring the dog or not....

I don't think we can have wings and adult beverages outside with the boats at Quaker Steak .... but I need to check on those details ... the wife is working on that ... we may also consider another eating establishment ... if that is the case then we can eat and drink outside ... that would be cool around the boats. Not sure how viable that is, but I am going to work on that.

Thanks for the reply.

aremsing
06-23-2010, 04:33 PM
Special guest status? I like it!
I'll see if I can get a hold of Ben, he's a neighbor, and I know AmericanskierJim had mentioned possibly coming too.
I'll stick with the 4 right now, but we may add to it, I'll let you know
Thanks, looking forward to it

P-hat_in_Cincy
06-29-2010, 10:46 AM
Checking the schedule to see if we can make it. We'd tow up.

93Prostar190
06-29-2010, 12:00 PM
Checking the schedule to see if we can make it. We'd tow up.

Awesome ...... save the date August 21 ...... great interest and guest list so far ... I am working with MC By Design to arrange some items to give away to all attendees (we have a few sponsor $$$ we have secured!)

So save the date and c'mon over to O"shay on the 21st of August, should be a great day on the water!

BG1772
06-29-2010, 03:26 PM
Just ran across this thread. I'm here in Columbus and will try and make it up to the reunion. Thanks for putting this together.

willyt
06-29-2010, 03:48 PM
93prostar,
You can count me in for sure. I may bring some of my crew from cincinnati/columbus, so plan on 2-3 extra people for me. Boat's an 05 X2, so pretty good crossover. Sounds like it might be time to lose my skiing virginity since i've only ever wakeboarded or surfed or barefooted or tricked... so basically anything but skiing.

Have you talked to bill or jason from CincyMC? They're the local dealers here and they do and awesome job. www.cincymc.com

Another idea is talking to wake nation - The cable park in fairfield, ohio (just north of Cincinnati). Talk to trent (their director of marketing). I'm sure they could send up a tent or something. They work with cincymc pretty closely.

I'd also write something for cincywake, there's already a pretty strong MC presence down here and it's only growing thanks to bill and jason. I'd be willing to do that once the date gets a little closer.

MattsCraft
06-29-2010, 05:33 PM
Will - Pretty sure we are in for this too. If we go we will have a crew of 4-6. We can talk prior and caravan up together!:D

93prostar,
You can count me in for sure. I may bring some of my crew from cincinnati/columbus, so plan on 2-3 extra people for me. Boat's an 05 X2, so pretty good crossover. Sounds like it might be time to lose my skiing virginity since i've only ever wakeboarded or surfed or barefooted or tricked... so basically anything but skiing.

Have you talked to bill or jason from CincyMC? They're the local dealers here and they do and awesome job. www.cincymc.com

Another idea is talking to wake nation - The cable park in fairfield, ohio (just north of Cincinnati). Talk to trent (their director of marketing). I'm sure they could send up a tent or something. They work with cincymc pretty closely.

I'd also write something for cincywake, there's already a pretty strong MC presence down here and it's only growing thanks to bill and jason. I'd be willing to do that once the date gets a little closer.

93Prostar190
06-30-2010, 09:49 PM
Hey guys ... awesome to see the great support from our Cincy friends! Keep the RSVP's coming!

I will update the RSVP page! Feels like we can put together a relaxed ski tourney in the morning and an awesome wake/skate/surf show (with everyone as a star) in the afternoon. Should be great!!!! Thanks to the MODS for making this a sticky thread. Thanks!!!

ntidsl
06-30-2010, 09:51 PM
okay okay...I'm on it....Bringing Rat Juice samples with me as well...just have to clear the weekend of a few work commitments...

americanskierJim
06-30-2010, 10:10 PM
Special guest status? I like it!
I'll see if I can get a hold of Ben, he's a neighbor, and I know AmericanskierJim had mentioned possibly coming too.
I'll stick with the 4 right now, but we may add to it, I'll let you know
Thanks, looking forward to it

aremsing, I will be there for sure I have the date set aside so I can make the trip. There will 2 in my party. I am ready to come down and have a good time.

aremsing
07-01-2010, 08:52 AM
Jim,
we can talk again as it gets closer and just caravan down. We can probably meet somewhere off I-75 and head down, glad to here you're coming. Need some more support from Michigan as we deal with all the buckeyes

Double D
07-01-2010, 09:53 AM
Jim,
we can talk again as it gets closer and just caravan down. We can probably meet somewhere off I-75 and head down, glad to here you're coming. Need some more support from Michigan as we deal with all the buckeyes

Should I plan to wear my Scarlet & Gray?? :D

I am glad we are getting people from surrounding states!

americanskierJim
07-02-2010, 09:09 AM
Jim,

aremsing, Sure I send you a PM with my number so we can chat on are meeting. I-75 would be a great to meet up to caravan. I will be there for the support of Mich. in a buckeye state. LOL

calls311
07-05-2010, 12:05 AM
Hey, count us in for the trip. Travelling down from Canton with '06 MXC1. Wife and kids are up for it. If anyone has details please share. I got some info from James at BHM Trilakes but need the full story when available.

Double D
07-10-2010, 10:57 PM
Yo 93 Prostar190,

We were down in CBUS for a baseball tournament this weekend so I drove by the O'Shag to get an idea of the area. The ramp to meet up and put in is at County Road 24 and Riverside? I drove through there about 8:15 PM and saw one BU, and two Nautiques. No MC's in site...
I like the lake, long and not too wide. Plus I saw the sign that read:
No Jetski's
No Tubbing
No Swimming

I love the first two but are they seriously saying there is no swimming anywhere along the lake? Not even along the edge somewhere?

Just checking. Still looking forward to it.

93Prostar190
07-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Double D - Baseball down here? Well I spent all 4th of July weekend in Akron for baseball up there! In any case, I was out at O'shay yesterday from 9:30 am to 2:30 PM or so .... more than a few MC's .... my 214, and X-14 that I have not seen before, a 205, a Supra, and a Bu or so ...plus an X-9.

course was in good shape .... water was busy in the morning since there was a Bass Tournament so the parking lots were close to full. I requested a permit for our date so that we don't have a conflict with the Bass tourneys.

the lake is great for water sports and like you mentioned conditions are pretty good at all times since there is no tubing, etc.

No swimming that is true ... we usually swim a bit and fake like someone is about to get in the water to go ski whenever we need to cool down. The local ranger is pretty ok with that ...... Alum Creek locally has swimming areas but it will be alot more crowded ..... less user friendly for water sports and the boat ramps will be crazy.

I think O'Shay will work out nice since we will all be at the same ramp, etc. and still be able to enjoy the water for sports.

No tubing if that is ok with everyone. Lake Rule ... yesterday I ran the slalom course at 1:00 PM in the day .....

we are still working out a few details but we have a t-shirt logo almost finalized. I will post it later this week. We have a great RSVP list building.

I have some giveaways cooking.

we are making arrangements to have a grill in the area and maybe even shuttling out some burgers, brats, out to some boats if people get hungry during the afternoon.

There is only 1 ramp ... 4 lanes on it ...... located in the SW corner of Home Road and Riverside (St. Route 257)

With picnic tables around the ramp area.

Should be a great get together! Thanks for checking in. More updates to follow, but I am going back out to the water now. (Catching up for all the early summer days missed with baseball).

Double D
07-11-2010, 10:53 AM
Double D - Baseball down here? Well I spent all 4th of July weekend in Akron for baseball up there!

we are making arrangements to have a grill in the area and maybe even shuttling out some burgers, brats, out to some boats if people get hungry during the afternoon.

There is only 1 ramp ... 4 lanes on it ...... located in the SW corner of Home Road and Riverside (St. Route 257)

We were also in a baseball tournament the 4th weekend in Akron. It was the Boys of Summer Freedom Classic. Was that the same one you were at? If so, which age group and team name?

I have the ability to provide the attached grill as a sponsor http://www.grilln-n-chilln.com (pictures below) but I am not a cook and am not sure yet how to get it down there. Its an eight burner grill and can cook up a lot of food. We can discuss options if you're interested in using it.

The ramp at Riverside and Home should work nicely. However, if you are coming in from the East on Home road (County Road 124), there is construction and the road is closed about a mile from the lake. We had to detour North to get around it.

Scotty
07-11-2010, 08:41 PM
i am still checking on the dates, but im planning on making it up there just tryin to get my schedule shuffled around. is there any kind of tags or ramp permits i will need for Ohio? I'm in southern Indiana and the only have registration, no other ramp permits or anything...

02 Prostar 197 Tournament Team Edition

93Prostar190
07-11-2010, 10:27 PM
We were also in a baseball tournament the 4th weekend in Akron. It was the Boys of Summer Freedom Classic. Was that the same one you were at? If so, which age group and team name?

I have the ability to provide the attached grill as a sponsor http://www.grilln-n-chilln.com (pictures below) but I am not a cook and am not sure yet how to get it down there. Its an eight burner grill and can cook up a lot of food. We can discuss options if you're interested in using it.

The ramp at Riverside and Home should work nicely. However, if you are coming in from the East on Home road (County Road 124), there is construction and the road is closed about a mile from the lake. We had to detour North to get around it.

Same tourney ... we were the 11U Olentangy Pride. Nice grill ..... not sure we need that much grill power but maybe we should discuss further.

Home Road is going to be back open by then ... the closure if for 7 days and affects my ride to the lake .... we come from just east on that road.

I plan on giving everyone a detailed road report and water condition report as the event gets closer.

93Prostar190
07-11-2010, 10:27 PM
i am still checking on the dates, but im planning on making it up there just tryin to get my schedule shuffled around. is there any kind of tags or ramp permits i will need for Ohio? I'm in southern Indiana and the only have registration, no other ramp permits or anything...

02 Prostar 197 Tournament Team Edition

No special tags needed as a visitor boat. As long as you meet the requirements in your state.

Awesome to hear that a Hoosier may be making the trek .... awesome!!!!

captain planet
07-12-2010, 01:55 PM
It is with regret to inform you that Team Captain Planet will not be able to attend this year. :( We will be moving out of our house sometime on or around August 15 to 17th.....and MAYBE moving into our new house....or somewhere else on a temporary basis. With all of this going on we won't have time (or the mental capacity) to attend.

I hope everyone has a good time and will look for this again next summer.

Double D
07-12-2010, 02:09 PM
It is with regret to inform you that Team Captain Planet will not be able to attend this year. :( We will be moving out of our house sometime on or around August 15 to 17th.....and MAYBE moving into our new house....or somewhere else on a temporary basis. With all of this going on we won't have time (or the mental capacity) to attend.

SUCK!!!!!!!!!

93Prostar190
07-12-2010, 02:31 PM

What the )(*&^%$#@! ????

Sorry to hear that, if something changes, feel free to come on down. Heck, consider it an open invite, c'mon down any time!

to the rest of you ... don't let this stop you from coming .... although Captain Planet is not coming, the party will still go on. It is our duty to make him regret his lack of timing. :mad:

(good luck with the move ... moving stinks!!! :)

captain planet
07-12-2010, 02:45 PM
What the )(*&^%$#@! ????

Sorry to hear that, if something changes, feel free to come on down. Heck, consider it an open invite, c'mon down any time!

to the rest of you ... don't let this stop you from coming .... although Captain Planet is not coming, the party will still go on. It is our duty to make him regret his lack of timing. :mad:

(good luck with the move ... moving stinks!!! :)

I'm not looking forward to it. I'm glad we have our house sold, not currently having the deal set on the new house is becoming a bit unnerving with each passing day. We will get to scramble like crazy come the middle of August.

aremsing
07-14-2010, 03:38 PM
this is starting to look pretty good, and the 4 hour drive is really appealing.
What's the total head count at now?

aremsing
07-14-2010, 03:42 PM
sorry to hear you aren't coming Captain... I was looking forward to meeting you and seeing that 30th. Good luck with the move

willyt
07-14-2010, 07:29 PM
just wondering...
I was up in columbus last week and just drove over the home road bridge one of the days i was back. water looked awful disgusting. i checked it out the next and it looked totally stagnant. the water going to get better later in the summer? I rode down at griggs and water wasnt the greatest, but better than scioto

93Prostar190
07-14-2010, 08:11 PM
this is starting to look pretty good, and the 4 hour drive is really appealing.
What's the total head count at now?

Right around 15-20 boats or more ... I need to update the RSVP page!

93Prostar190
07-14-2010, 08:16 PM
just wondering...
I was up in columbus last week and just drove over the home road bridge one of the days i was back. water looked awful disgusting. i checked it out the next and it looked totally stagnant. the water going to get better later in the summer? I rode down at griggs and water wasnt the greatest, but better than scioto

Hi Willy ... the water is sometimes a little scummy when it is smooth that is true .... but never too bad for some riding or skiing.

The lake sometimes looks worst than it actually is since it is fairly shallow and has a mud bottom, since it is a river the mud is stirred up alot after rain etc ...

It is my 1st choice to ski/ride since it does not have the boater traffic of an Alum Creek or Buckeye Lake, etc ... on those lakes the rollers and other boaters will get you.

I like Griggs as well although it seems to get more traffic than O'Shay.

In short, I wouldn't drink it, but I sure do ski it. (somedays, I do both by mistake ;)

I am open to suggestions but it will serve well ... it is almost going to be a "large private lake" for us that day! Hope you are still excited, next time you are in town, let me know and I will be happy to arrange a pull on the water there.

BG1772
07-16-2010, 11:01 AM
Griggs on a Saturday can be pretty crowded. I don't make it to O'Shag very often, but friends who do, say that it is a lot less crowded on the weekends.

93Prostar190 - You can count me on the RSVP list. Not sure how many I will be bringing.

aremsing
07-21-2010, 10:36 AM
BG are you bringing that foil in your avatar?

BG1772
07-21-2010, 10:46 AM
Absolutely! It is the only thing I ride anymore. Use to be a diehard course skier, but skiing the course on a public water way got to be too frustrating.

93Prostar190
07-21-2010, 12:12 PM
One month away!!!!!! Looking good! I have been good so far with triyng not to post too many updates ... but now we have the 4th weekend behind us and you will see more updates on this link.

Keep August 21 in your calendars ... should be an awesome time. I was on O'Shay yesterday ...... nice ..... skiing the course in the evening, little wind ..... water doing just fine.

The wife is still working on a t-shirt design .... the local Quaker Steak is ready for us, but the Bogey Inn right by the Dam is showing interest in hosting our post-water festivities.

Let the count down begin!!!!

Peace

captain planet
07-21-2010, 12:45 PM
sorry to hear you aren't coming Captain... I was looking forward to meeting you and seeing that 30th. Good luck with the move

I'm sorry I'm not coming too. It would be nice to put faces and real names with screen names. If this happens again next year I really want to participate in this event.

aremsing
07-21-2010, 01:20 PM
Glad to hear it BG, I tried it for the first time at CSM and had a riot!
93... what's the Bogey Inn? Can't hurt to take a look at it, if someone wants to compete for our business I say that's a win/win
CP, hopefully next year. I think that's the best thing behind these events in putting faces to the names. I've met a lot of good people at CSM, many of who I talk to on a regular basis. Good luck with the move

BG1772
07-22-2010, 08:04 AM
It is a fun toy and always entertaining to watch new riders because they provide a great show for the rest of the boat.

Bogey Inn is a Restaurant / Bar around that is just around the corner from the reservoir. It is much closer to the site than the Quaker Steak.

aremsing
07-22-2010, 10:42 AM
I'll look for you when we are down there. If you don't mind pulling me, I'll provide some entertainment for everyone bouncing my face off the water

BG1772
07-22-2010, 11:32 AM
No problem giving you a pull. I should be easy to find - Gray Metal Flake X-Star with a Sky Ski hanging off the tower.

93Prostar190
08-02-2010, 12:51 PM
Hi Everyone ... well the event is only 3 weekends away, and I need to start posting more frequent updates ... attached is a copy of the draft of our logo for the front of the t-shirts.

RSVP List

93Prostar190 - 6 people, T-shirts, 2-XL, 2 ladies, 2 kids - 1 boat -(PS214) - OH
DoubleD - 5 people, 1 boat - OH
Footin - 4 people, 1 boat - OH
Armesing - 4 people, 1 boat - MI
WillyT - ? People, 1 boat (X2) - OH
Ntidsl - OH
Jski - 2 people, 1 boat - OH
AmericanSkierJim - 2 people, 1 boat - MI
OhioPro205 -? , ? Boat ? - OH
Calls311 - 4 people, 1 boat - OH
BG1772 - ? People, 1 boat - OH
James Tri-Lakes Marine, ? people, 2 boats
Mattscraft - 4/6 people, 1 boat - OH

Maybes:
Ben
Mbpd312
Rsmith_5568
Ryan
P-hat in Cincy
Scotty

Regrets due to poor planning of move!
Captain_Planet

(Please rsvp via PM or Post to change your status)

So the t-shirt will be grey and have that as a chest front logo.

On the back of the t-shirts, we plan on having some words like "Hosted by Mid-Ohio Water Ski Club, at O'Shaughnessy Reservoir"

We also have a motto - inspired by WillyT - "Ski it, don't drink it!"

And lastly we want to list all the screenames of people planning on attending ... (kind of like the shirts our kids get when they play at tournaments and they list all the teams at the tournament.) So we want to print our names like an RSVP list of sorts ..

So "Scheduled to attend:

Aremsing
93Prostar190
WillyT
Double D

And so on..."

we sent a quote request to local t-shirt shop which will do t-shirt in a digital print on Grey Athletic Jersey type shirts for us .... cost will be under $20 per shirt (we are not trying to make money on the t-shirt sales, just going to charge what they cost) .... so I will be asking you to let me know if you want a shirt or more ... we plan on having Adult Sizes, Child sizes, and a Ladies edition on a Tank top.

Please reply to the Post or PM me with your T-shirt interest and RSVP's .. I will be updating the main RSVP list and Web site with this information as the week progresses.

Thx!

willyt
08-02-2010, 07:23 PM
Love the t-shirt, and absolutely flattered that i got credit for the motto :-)

You should come down and ride on the licking with us some weekend, i guess if i were concerned about water quality at all i wouldnt ride there, the cinci peeps know what i mean haha (you'll be out riding and all of a sudden you'll swear somebody just took a poo in the boat). ah the price i pay for glass. (that was, of course before i knew where the sewage dump outs were on the river).
I'll try to firm up who's coming up to columbus/who'll be joining me of my friends there.

Any response from the cincyMC guys? would be great to caravan up to cbus with an 09 X2, 10 X25 and an 05 X2. We'd look pretty BA rolling up there together :).

Footin
08-02-2010, 07:36 PM
I am now a "maybe", but I do have a good excuse. We may be going to Cumberland for the weekend.

Double D
08-02-2010, 09:15 PM
I am now a "maybe", but I do have a good excuse. We may be going to Cumberland for the weekend.

Thats no excuse! I just got invited to a party at a house on Portage Lakes that I have been waiting years to go visit with my boat, but I'm not going....

calls311
08-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Nice logo for the shirts.....what time does the party start?

93Prostar190
08-02-2010, 09:35 PM

Got it brother ... you gotta do what you gotta do ... but keep in mind ... you will get better water and more fun on Saturday with us!

93Prostar190
08-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Nice logo for the shirts.....what time does the party start?

Any time ... I'll be hitting the water for an early set around 7:00 am or so ... but I am officially working the welcome tent at the ramp at around 8:30 am or so ....

10:00 am Slalom tourney for those interested ...

12:00 or so lunch delivered to your boat if you are interested ...

2:00 big wakeboard trick competition ....

3:00 all the other toys, foils surfin ....

5:00 PM --- out of the water and to the local watering hole for some brews and wings

Or you can make your own schedule no pressure no worries ... just alot of fun with your MC brothers and sisters.

For those staying overnight ... see you on the water on Sunday morning as well.

A full agenda will be on the web site soon .... looking to put together a little fun tourney with some giveaways.

MattsCraft
08-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Love the t-shirt, and absolutely flattered that i got credit for the motto :-)

You should come down and ride on the licking with us some weekend, i guess if i were concerned about water quality at all i wouldnt ride there, the cinci peeps know what i mean haha (you'll be out riding and all of a sudden you'll swear somebody just took a poo in the boat). ah the price i pay for glass. (that was, of course before i knew where the sewage dump outs were on the river).
I'll try to firm up who's coming up to columbus/who'll be joining me of my friends there.

Any response from the cincyMC guys? would be great to caravan up to cbus with an 09 X2, 10 X25 and an 05 X2. We'd look pretty BA rolling up there together :).

Will - Definate on the caravan, plan on hitting the road at about 6AM (Ouch) Did you talk to Jason & Bill about coming up?

93Prostar190
08-03-2010, 01:25 PM
Hey everyone ... a few notes ... attached you will find a PDF with event details ... please feel free to share with other MC owners. I hope the PDF format is helpful.

If the attached PDF does not answer your questions, then please reply and let me know and I can add the answers and re-post.

Please let me know your t-shirt sizes and orders by next Monday 8/9/2010 so we can order. We have the price set at $17.00 per shirt. I will not be getting alot of extras so if you don't RSVP and let me know you want a shirt, you will be sad on the 21st.

I am also looking for a Wakeboard Event volunteer to help run and organize our informal wake tricks competition and judging.

Any ideas on a good handicapping system for slalom? I'll use the OWSA one if you don't have one.

anything I am missing? Let me know ... I am just an MC owner trying to do this right ...

Current RSVP status ...
Coming for sure ...
93Prostar190 - 6 people, T-shirts, 2-XL, 2 ladies, 2 kids - 1 boat -(PS214) - OH
Ntidsl - OH
OhioPro205 -? , ? Boat ? - OH

Maybes:
Ben
Mbpd312
Rsmith_5568
Ryan
P-hat in Cincy
Footin
Scotty

willyt
08-06-2010, 11:31 AM
Hey Guys, Looking for a couple people to volunteer to pull the wakeboarding/skating comp.. is anyone bringing a star or 2? Ideally, we'd have two of the same boat weighted the same (and the same prop, we could do some prop swapping if necessary). We could go with dual 25's or 205v's too (I have an 05 X-2, so we'd just need one more).
I'll bring some extra fatsacs so weighting wont be a problem.

93Prostar190
08-06-2010, 02:14 PM
Hey Guys, Looking for a couple people to volunteer to pull the wakeboarding/skating comp.. is anyone bringing a star or 2? Ideally, we'd have two of the same boat weighted the same (and the same prop, we could do some prop swapping if necessary). We could go with dual 25's or 205v's too (I have an 05 X-2, so we'd just need one more).
I'll bring some extra fatsacs so weighting wont be a problem.

Hey Willy T is the man helping us out with the wake portion of this get together ..

Willy, James from Tri-Lakes marine is bring down a wake boat, let's see if I can get ahold of him and see what he has in mind.

1 Boat may be enough (2 would be preferred) .... but we can make it work .... thanks for helping out!

93Prostar190
08-06-2010, 02:38 PM
Just spoke with James and he is more than likely bring an 2011 X-15 ..... and the Tournament Team guys will bring down the TT .... which will pull the slalom portion of the event.

Just an update .... get those t-shirt orders in if you want a shirt ..... we have some cool giveaways in the works including the MCbyDesign Coolers .... just over 2 weeks away!!!!

aremsing
08-06-2010, 03:40 PM
I can volunteer to pull for wakeboarding. 2000 X-star 2 750 pound sacs in the rear, and 300 center.
Also put me down for one large shirt please.
Looking forward to meeting you all

MattsCraft
08-06-2010, 05:01 PM
I would be happy to pull the wakeboarding event also, 09' X2 - 1800lbs of ballast, just need someone other than me to score it:rolleyes:

MattsCraft
08-06-2010, 05:03 PM
Directions question for those that know the area, from the south, GPS wants me to go up 315 from 71, is it better to take the 270 loop around to the west?

93Prostar190
08-06-2010, 11:01 PM
Directions question for those that know the area, from the south, GPS wants me to go up 315 from 71, is it better to take the 270 loop around to the west?

Both will work fine ... on a Saturday AM ... 71 going north, turns into 315 at just south of downtown ... that area for about 4 miles is under construction and down to 2 lanes .... once you get to I270 you will go west for an exit and get off on Sawmill Rd.

Going 270 around the city is not much longer and then you can catch Sawmill Rd. exit in the NW side ..

Both work ... if I had a big boat, I would probably take 270 around the west side ...

Double D
08-06-2010, 11:11 PM
Just spoke with James and he is more than likely bring an 2011 X-15 ..... and the Tournament Team guys will bring down the TT .... which will pull the slalom portion of the event.

Just an update .... get those t-shirt orders in if you want a shirt ..... we have some cool giveaways in the works including the MCbyDesign Coolers .... just over 2 weeks away!!!!

I still need to verify my number of attendees but I need the following t-shirts:
(1) 2XL
(3) Medium

OHIOPRO205
08-08-2010, 07:48 PM
93 Prostar 190. We are still planning on coming. There will probably be 4 of us and the boat.

Can you put us down for: 1-XL and 1-M on the shirts.
Thanks for all the work you are putting in to this. Should be a great time.

aremsing
08-10-2010, 09:18 AM
I need to add and XL to my shirt order.
less than two weeks away, this thread is awfully quiet

93Prostar190
08-10-2010, 09:24 AM
I need to add and XL to my shirt order.
less than two weeks away, this thread is awfully quiet

Aremsing, got it ..... tshirt added to your order ..

Everyone else, we are placing the t-shirt order tommorow morning, you have till tonight to get your shirt order in to us.

On a side note, I have been trying not to post too much ... but the event is ready to roll!!!!

My earlier post with the PDF and RSVP list has alot of information and that may have stopped some of the "chatter" ... we have WillyT working the Wakeboard side of things, we have about 15 boats or more RSVP'd .... and you have Special Guest status!

we are ready to roll!

ski_king
08-10-2010, 09:40 AM
Hmmm, I will be driving across Ohio on the 21st, maybe I will seee if I can stop by.

MattsCraft
08-10-2010, 11:46 AM
Aremsing, got it ..... tshirt added to your order ..

Everyone else, we are placing the t-shirt order tommorow morning, you have till tonight to get your shirt order in to us.

On a side note, I have been trying not to post too much ... but the event is ready to roll!!!!

My earlier post with the PDF and RSVP list has alot of information and that may have stopped some of the "chatter" ... we have WillyT working the Wakeboard side of things, we have about 15 boats or more RSVP'd .... and you have Special Guest status!

we are ready to roll!

You have my shirt order right? 4 Large:D

93Prostar190
08-10-2010, 12:20 PM
T-shirt orders to date ... please let me know if I missed anything:

Mattscraft - (4) L
OhioPRo205 - (1) XL, (1) M
DoubleD - (1) 2XL, (3) M
Aremsing - (1) L, (1) XL
James @ Tri-Lakes - (1) XL, (2) L, (1) M
Joshy - (1) XL, (1) M
ChrisB - (1) L
93PRostar190 - (1) XL, (1 Ladies S)

Did I miss anyone? (Willy T) send me your size ... I'll get you one as the Wakeboard MC MC

Peace!

willyt
08-11-2010, 01:44 AM
just 1 med for me

93Prostar190
08-11-2010, 10:06 AM
WillyT ... got it ...

93Prostar190
08-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Hey everyone, looks the event is coming together nicely. I know we have alot of posts on this event so I re-attached the PDF with event details .. please contact me with any questions you may have.

We are meeting with the Bogey Inn to see if they want our business for the after water festivities on Saturday. Same thing to park together outside and put the boats on display and have some food and drink inside. Thye may also have a tent setup for us ... The Bogey Inn has gone through some management changes and does not get some very good food reviews. If anyone has some scoop on them then please let me know. The wife is in contact with them, but they are interested in hosting the evening portion of the event. They are only 5 minutes from the ramp so that would be nice.

Aremsing still has super VIP guest Status!
WillyT is Wakeboard Events Chief

Tshirts were ordered this morning, we will have a few extra at the event for sale $17

We plan on delivering lunch to people that want it during the mid-day, we will shuttle burgers/brats/ chips and pops from land out to your boat via a dinghy. Kind of a Sonic Restaurant on the water.

Also remember we have some cool giveaways planned ... so everyone should have a great time!

any other ideas? let me know, trying to make this a worthwhile event for everyone. Should be great.

Current RSVP status ... 14 boats and over 40 people? !!!!!! ?
Coming for sure ...
93Prostar190 - 8 people, 1 boat - OH
Ntidsl - ? people, 1 boat OH
OhioPro205 -4 people , 1 Boat - OH
TimF - 4 people, 1 boat - OH

Maybes:
Ben
Mbpd312
Rsmith_5568
Ryan
P-hat in Cincy
Footin
Scotty
Ski_King on the way through town!

Ben
08-11-2010, 12:34 PM
Sounds like a great time, but I'm officially moving from the "maybe" list to the "no" list. We got locked in on some other plans. Enjoy.

93Prostar190
08-11-2010, 11:38 PM
Great evening at O'Shaughnessy with the ski club .. just got home a little while ago ... water levels are great. Very little wind, conditions were just awesome. Flat water some slalom, some wakeboard, a little barefootin' .... good night on the water.

Counting the days ...

Double D
08-12-2010, 09:19 AM
I still need to verify my number of attendees but I need the following t-shirts:
(1) 2XL
(3) Medium

Here is my updated attendance list:
(2) Adults - Me and my Brother
(2) Teens - My Son and his Friend

The wife and daughter bailed due to another conflict.

Oh BTW, if my boat is not back from the shop by then I will not be coming. If you're not aware I am fighting an idle problem....
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=36482

93Prostar190
08-12-2010, 09:54 AM
Here is my updated attendance list:
(2) Adults - Me and my Brother
(2) Teens - My Son and his Friend

The wife and daughter bailed due to another conflict.

Oh BTW, if my boat is not back from the shop by then I will not be coming. If you're not aware I am fighting an idle problem....
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=36482

DoubleD ... I have been following your thread ..... as a guy that used to work with the old CIS systems by Bosch on early Euro cars like Audi, I can feel your pain.

Even if the boat is not running well, feel free to come down, we have room for you down here and we also have the Tri-Lakes boats. I think Chris may even be down here as well.

Jim N makes some good points, you may want to talk to a GM mechanic nearby and have them perform ECM and Fuel Injection diags.

If I can think of anything to help, then I will ... hang in there brother!

93Prostar190
08-13-2010, 09:03 AM
Rumour has it that DoubleD's boat is running smooth so hopefully he is still coming down!

84 stars-n-stripes
08-13-2010, 09:42 AM
Love to be there, but we are off to Bristol for the Nascar race. Hope you have this event again when I can make it, that is if i don't sell the boat...
Have a blast!! Take some Pics!

Double D
08-13-2010, 10:12 AM
Rumour has it that DoubleD's boat is running smooth so hopefully he is still coming down!

Sure is running good again. Now I have to get the thing cleaned up and lights fixed on the trailer. Other news is that my Wife's other event was canceled so there is a chance I will have six (6) people, but I wont know that until closer to the day.

93Prostar190
08-13-2010, 10:16 AM
Sure is running good again. Now I have to get the thing cleaned up and lights fixed on the trailer. Other news is that my Wife's other event was canceled so there is a chance I will have six (6) people, but I wont know that until closer to the day.

Now we're talking ! 6 people is better than 4 .... looking forward to meeting you in person.

4 or 6 whatever it takes!

aremsing
08-13-2010, 11:35 AM
if things go right and we have no troulbe on the way down, we should be dropping by no later than 11. See you all on the water. I'll be the one with Michigan tags on the boat and cracking a pre-noon beer

xbrdr1
08-16-2010, 10:31 AM
Definite 'maybe' - 2001Xstar

93Prostar190
08-16-2010, 11:47 PM
Definite 'maybe' - 2001Xstar

Hope you can make it ... I was just on the water today and it was awesome ... great conditions on O"shaughnessy right now ... good depth ... and we even saw a Bald Eagle flying over the slalom course .... that has to be an omen right?

Peace.

Hoosier Bob
08-17-2010, 12:18 AM
Is the Bogey still across from the Zoo? They have not shut that place down yet? Ha! Played hookey there many times as a kid!:DHey everyone, looks the event is coming together nicely. I know we have alot of posts on this event so I re-attached the PDF with event details .. please contact me with any questions you may have.

We are meeting with the Bogey Inn to see if they want our business for the after water festivities on Saturday. Same thing to park together outside and put the boats on display and have some food and drink inside. Thye may also have a tent setup for us ... The Bogey Inn has gone through some management changes and does not get some very good food reviews. If anyone has some scoop on them then please let me know. The wife is in contact with them, but they are interested in hosting the evening portion of the event. They are only 5 minutes from the ramp so that would be nice.

Tshirts were ordered this morning, we will have a few extra at the event for sale $17

We plan on delivering lunch to people that want it during the mid-day, we will shuttle burgers/brats/ chips and pops from land out to your boat via a dinghy. Kind of a Sonic Restaurant on the water.

Also remember we have some cool giveaways planned ... so everyone should have a great time!

any other ideas? let me know, trying to make this a worthwhile event for everyone. Should be great.

Current RSVP status ... 14 boats and over 40 people? !!!!!! ?
Coming for sure ...

Maybes:
Ben
Mbpd312
Rsmith_5568
Ryan
P-hat in Cincy
Footin
Scotty

93Prostar190
08-17-2010, 10:28 AM
Hi everyone, I received an RSVP for 6 more people yesterday from some local folks. Not sure what their screen names are if they are on here.

So the list is growing ... my partial list is below, t-shirts have been printed. I'll have a few extra at the event.

water temp and water levels are great, I was on the Reservoir yesterday and conditions were super.

I'll post a water update on Friday and make sure that our goodie bags have some updates on how to get lunch that day, and water conditions.

On Saturday morning, we will have a check-in tent at the ramp so we can get to know whomever shows up. We will also take a picture of your boat rig at the ramp before you put it in ... wife likes using her Nikon and we will post those after the event etc ...

Keep your eyes open for the Bald Eagle that will be flying over the Reservoir on Saturday (at least I hope so, she seems to be around the last few days anyhow.)

We have giveways on the way, all is going great. Thanks to everyone for their support.

Peace!

Current RSVP status ... 16 boats and over 48 people!

Coming for sure ...
RScott - 2 people
JKish - 6 people, 1 boat - OH

Maybes:
Ben
Mbpd312
Rsmith_5568
Ryan
P-hat in Cincy
Footin
Scotty

aremsing
08-17-2010, 11:32 AM
Everything is all set on our end up here. Leaving my house at 7 am Saturday morning, and if all goes well we should be in the water by 11 I hope. See you all Saturday morning

93Prostar190
08-18-2010, 10:17 AM
Good morning everyone, today's update is below.

We received a call from the Bogey Inn and they want our business on Saturday night, and based on their ultra close location, we will give it a try.

So anytime after 5:00 PM, the Bogey Inn which is 200 yards west of the Dam will have a parking area for our boats and trailers outside and roped off. Look for the MC Banners. We will also have a bar section roped off on the patio in view of our boats, etc.

So plan on pulling out of the water around 5PM or so (whenever you feel like it, we are all boaters aren't we?) and head South (right leaving the ramp area) and make a right onto the Dam ... cross the Dam and on the left side is the Bogey Inn.

Attached is an updated Event Detail with information about the event, directions, etc ... please print it out and get familiar with the water, etc.

On Saturday morning we will have a check-in tent at the boat ramp, we will give you an update on the day's events and take a picture of you and your rig before it goes in the water. Who knows there may even be a cup of coffee for you if you want it.

On Friday, I will post a water report for any last minute debris or anything like that.

Looking forward to a great event ..... sounds like a few TT Boats will be there including JSKI's 40th Anniversary 197 and some serious boarders.

Please let me know if you have any questions, I will help out however I can.

93Prostar190 (even though I have a 214 now ... ;)

willyt
08-18-2010, 08:21 PM
Hey Guys,
A little bad news... My boat is still in the shop and wont be ready for the event.

That being said... I'm still planning on coming. We've had an offer from Matt and Aremsing to pull the comp... anybody else want to throw their hat in the ring? If not and Matt, if you're still up for it I think the X2 would do a fine job (could even throw my new acme 14.5x14.25 prop on to try out if ya want).

I'm down in Mexico City this week, and will work on the ballots on the plane ride home. I'm not down with this whole point system, and much prefer the 3 criteria system - Technical difficulty/Style/Amplitude on a 1-10 scale. Simplifies things... plus we're all in it to have fun, right? I certainly dont want to be worried about if a TS FS 3 is worth more than a TS roll to revert... etc. I also think it would be easier to come up with a consensus per crew, so only 1ballot is cast per boat/crew.

5 Divisions - Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced (wakeboard), wakeskate and extreme tubing (just kidding). All divisions are by need of course.

Just reply in the thread so we can get a initial headcount for each of the divisions.\

Should be funnnn...

calls311
08-18-2010, 09:12 PM
Hey all, looking forward to the event this weekend. Put me in the wakeboard competition for the 40 yr old and over crew:)....advanced will be fine.

The kids may want to participate in the beginner level wb comp. Not sure, they are young and shy but the five year old has a great touch the water trick and wave.....

On the nice to have front, I worked out a deal with Boat Bling to donate sample bottles of great post boating clean up product called Hot Sauce....got enough for all boat owners to try it out if they like courtesy of the manufacturer.

See you all on the ramp,
Chris, Julia, Alex, and Xavier

93Prostar190
08-18-2010, 09:54 PM
Willy T - thanks for the update, and safe travels ... Tri-Lakes is bringing down an X-15 as well maybe that can help pull the event ... thanks for putting together the event ... we should talk on Friday or Saturday AM so I can give ballots to people as they pull in during the AM ... or at least give them instruction on how to create a tie up so people can create the "course" for the riders. Sorry your boat is not coming but it should well worth your time.

Calls ... thanks man .... great idea ...

Really getting pumped for Saturday! Plan on having a great time!

MattsCraft
08-19-2010, 01:59 PM
Willy T - thanks for the update, and safe travels ... Tri-Lakes is bringing down an X-15 as well maybe that can help pull the event ... thanks for putting together the event ... we should talk on Friday or Saturday AM so I can give ballots to people as they pull in during the AM ... or at least give them instruction on how to create a tie up so people can create the "course" for the riders. Sorry your boat is not coming but it should well worth your time.

Calls ... thanks man .... great idea ...

Really getting pumped for Saturday! Plan on having a great time!

Hey Guys,
A little bad news... My boat is still in the shop and wont be ready for the event.

That being said... I'm still planning on coming. We've had an offer from Matt and Aremsing to pull the comp... anybody else want to throw their hat in the ring? If not and Matt, if you're still up for it I think the X2 would do a fine job (could even throw my new acme 14.5x14.25 prop on to try out if ya want).

I'm down in Mexico City this week, and will work on the ballots on the plane ride home. I'm not down with this whole point system, and much prefer the 3 criteria system - Technical difficulty/Style/Amplitude on a 1-10 scale. Simplifies things... plus we're all in it to have fun, right? I certainly dont want to be worried about if a TS FS 3 is worth more than a TS roll to revert... etc. I also think it would be easier to come up with a consensus per crew, so only 1ballot is cast per boat/crew.

5 Divisions - Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced (wakeboard), wakeskate and extreme tubing (just kidding). All divisions are by need of course.

Just reply in the thread so we can get a initial headcount for each of the divisions.\

Should be funnnn...

Guys - I would be thrilled to pull the event; I would suggest if you have the 15 and you don't have sacs for it, you have 2 boats for the different levels. This way you could have the 15 pull beginner and Wake Skate, and mine slammed for Intermediate & Advanced. This way you can keep things moving without having to wait for ballast to empty etc. Most beginners are pretty intimidated with a slammed boat if they are not used to it, or even give them a choice.

93Prostar190
08-19-2010, 02:21 PM
MattsCraft ... great idea ... I have another question you guys can weigh in on ... The area around the slalom course is protected by buoys and we will have "right of way" that day for the tournament. During the afternoon, we should have the wakeboarding portion of the event in the same area ... you can run along the slalom course (off to the right side of it) and water depth is in the 6-7 foot range.

That would also allow us to gauge the "length of a pass" as the lenght of the course pre-gate to pre-gate kinda like a private lake tournament.

Is that depth adequate for you guys (both as boat owners and riders) when fully loaded and also throwing tricks? (please reply with your thoughts)

If not, we can have the wakeboarding competition in the Southern portion of the reservoir where depth is easily always over 15 ft. and more (where the wakeboard boats are usually found.)

The more the "contests" stay to the North area ... the more of the open lake areas will be open to anyone riding or skiing that day who is not in the slalom course ... it will also keep rollers at a minimum from boat traffic in the tourney area.
Really looking forward to it ... I have no idea how many riders we will have ... my 11 year old wants to ride, he hope a wake jump 180 is enough for his podium ...

We will use the X-15 to pull the beginner, and intermediate and load up MattsCraft for the "big air folks" ....

Guys - I would be thrilled to pull the event; I would suggest if you have the 15 and you don't have sacs for it, you have 2 boats for the different levels. This way you could have the 15 pull beginner and Wake Skate, and mine slammed for Intermediate & Advanced. This way you can keep things moving without having to wait for ballast to empty etc. Most beginners are pretty intimidated with a slammed boat if they are not used to it, or even give them a choice.

MattsCraft
08-19-2010, 05:08 PM
I'll let Will chime in here, but 6-7 feet is a little shallow. Not a problem for the boat, we hit that depth or less on the Licking River, KY with the boat slammed, but for a rider falling, :eek:would make me nervous. Typically I will make the rider fall in behind the boat at that depth. As far as making the passes equal we could do it by time. X time for 1st pass, turn X time 2nd pass, and then double up to finish.

Of course, you guys ski this depth, but much faster and no air time… I know when I fall skiing at 30-32 I just skip or tumble a few times, lol.

Will???

:toast: It's 5 O’clock, time for a cocktail:D

Hoosier Bob
08-19-2010, 10:40 PM
I have ski'd in really shallow water. White River. Best part about skiing in the shallows is when you wipe out you just pick up your ski and walk back to the boat. I ski a ton in 4-5 feet. Unless there is a stump you are fine no matter how hard you hit. I think 3 feet would be fine and for the most part has been!;) PS a slow bow up run will expose most dead heads. After that it is game on!I'll let Will chime in here, but 6-7 feet is a little shallow. Not a problem for the boat, we hit that depth or less on the Licking River, KY with the boat slammed, but for a rider falling, :eek:would make me nervous. Typically I will make the rider fall in behind the boat at that depth. As far as making the passes equal we could do it by time. X time for 1st pass, turn X time 2nd pass, and then double up to finish.

Of course, you guys ski this depth, but much faster and no air time… I know when I fall skiing at 30-32 I just skip or tumble a few times, lol.

Will???

:toast: It's 5 O’clock, time for a cocktail:D

xbrdr1
08-20-2010, 08:28 AM
Yeah, that depth is fine for falling riders. I'm not sure how much weight/ballast you typically run, but that depth is a bit on the shallow side to allow the wake to fully develop. Rule of thumb is nothing under 10ft. I'm not saying you can't ride it... just saying you'll probably notice a difference if you compared running in the north end vs south end (15ft.)

willyt
08-20-2010, 10:06 AM
Hey Guys, sorry the flight from mexico isn't a short one...

I agree its a little shallow...
I think we're fine to ski in it, but for the wakeboard comp lets just play it by ear tomorrow. if safety becomes a issue we can relocate on the fly. My gut tells me we'll be alright, wake nation is only 8 feet deep and I've never had an issue there (and i've taken some harddd hits there).

Ballots, scoring sheet and signup sheet are all ready. I'm riding with Matt today so we'll talk some and add more detail before the event, particularly entry fee (gas $$) stuff.

Ride it, don't drink it (actually I probably could drink it, I have steel intestines from being in mexico for so long... ha)

aremsing
08-20-2010, 10:14 AM
Guys....
I am doing my best to make alternate arrangements, but my arrival in Columbus is not looking good right now. We are in the process of moving our manufacturing facility, and I am meeting wih the fire marshall in an hour. If we get our occupancy permit, I will be working all weekend. I will let you guys know later as more develops.
I sincerely apologize, I have been looking forward to this for a long time
PS, obviously I will still pay for my shirts I ordered and if anything changes I will be letting you guys know by days end.

93Prostar190
08-20-2010, 10:26 AM
Willy / Matt - thanks for your input ... for sure the water is fine to ski and normal riding but for you big time hitters we can move South and have plenty of depth ... we can play it by ear. During morning check-in, I will tell all the boats that have Riders to still meet up North by the course at 1:00 PM ... from there we can make final choices etc .... we can kick it around in the morning and check it out.

I am headed to the water now and will post a final report but all systems are go ... many thanks to anyone that has supported or brought ideas forward. Looking forward to a nice 1st go at a Buckeye Bash.

Aremsing - sorry to hear that, do what you can brother, you had VIP status, don't make me drive up there ;) .... seriously, take care of what you need to take care of ... we will be here thinking of u ... but if you can make it, you can actually collect on the 1st round offer at the Bogey Inn. :0

Everyone - the weather looks great, water conditions are sweet .... we will do our best to have great casual atmossphere ... enjoy the reservoir, you can ride and ski all day ... the morning slalom is low key, we have an Inner Buoy course for Intermediate skiers and we have the outer buoys for you serious swervers ..... let's see who can have a personal best on the river course.

The wake event will be great, Willy (or should I call you Guillermo now) has been doing a great job and Matt is on it as well

Drive safe .... see you up here and let me know if you need anything at all.

Ski it or Ride it!

calls311
08-20-2010, 05:47 PM
Hey, you guys are hardcore on this wakeboard comp.....that should be fun. If we run it in shallow water so be it. I agree, the wake won't fully develop but that would not be the first time I've cased the wake in career. Regardless, if you give us the south to ride all morning chances are most of us will have toasted quads by the afternoon

See you all tomorrow. We are the family on the dark blue X-1 with custom Mastercraft graphic.

Be there around 9 am.

93Prostar190
08-20-2010, 08:43 PM
I was out on the water today and conditions are great ...... course is setup and nice and true ... may be too much now, I can't get all the balls!!!! Any how ... drive safe, I'll try and shake hands with everyone at the ramp starting at 8:00 am .... till 10:00 or so ... after that I will be out on the water ... looking forward to it .....Calling all skiers the informal slalom tourney will be great 2 Divisions ... and Inner Course Division and Outer Course Division .... run the course ... have some fun ... enjoy ....

Drive safe .. see you at O'Shaughnessy ....

Peace.

Hoosier Bob
08-20-2010, 09:27 PM
Can't you set up a Malibu course for the event? You know the balls are a couple feet closer together! Lol!:DI was out on the water today and conditions are great ...... course is setup and nice and true ... may be too much now, I can't get all the balls!!!! Any how ... drive safe, I'll try and shake hands with everyone at the ramp starting at 8:00 am .... till 10:00 or so ... after that I will be out on the water ... looking forward to it .....Calling all skiers the informal slalom tourney will be great 2 Divisions ... and Inner Course Division and Outer Course Division .... run the course ... have some fun ... enjoy ....

Drive safe .. see you at O'Shaughnessy ....

Peace.

calls311
08-20-2010, 10:05 PM
Wasn't the Malibu course what Dr Bob set the record on a few years back? You know, the course with the buoys that came in closer when he ran.

93Prostar190
08-20-2010, 10:07 PM
Wasn't the Malibu course what Dr Bob set the record on a few years back? You know, the course with the buoys that came in closer when he ran.

Quite right ..... don't expect that tommorow. Heck, it feels like our buoys charge towards my ski!

americanskierJim
08-20-2010, 10:27 PM
I was was wanting to come down and spend the day with a great bunch of people. I will not be able to attend the MC meet. I got the boat all ready and I thought the Youkon was in tip top shape and the transfer case is giving me some problems. I hope that I will be able to make it down for next year's meet.

Double D
08-20-2010, 10:55 PM
Coming down 71 South. Is the construction gone so I can come across??

What is the best route??

93Prostar190
08-21-2010, 12:30 AM
Coming down 71 South. Is the construction gone so I can come across??

What is the best route??

Great question Double D .... I recommend exiting at State Route 36 and going West. Go West to Route 23 and go South to Home Rd. Make a right and go West on Home Rd. ... The construction is there but the road is NOT closed that is how I get to the Lake.

The Faster way would be (if you know the area.)

Exit at 36 Go West .... Go to 42 South .... (off of 23 South I believe in Delaware ... GPS may be needed .... take 42 South till it hits 257 and go South .... 257 crosses Home Rd. and the Boat Ramp is on the right.

Home Rd. is open!

Safe travels.

BG1772
08-21-2010, 09:55 AM
I hope to see all of you up there, but it will not be on my boat. It is still acting up and i've yet to find the cause. Off to hook up my mechanic's diagnostic software and see if I can find any codes that help.

jkski
08-21-2010, 04:50 PM
Just got back from the Buckeye Bash and I wanted to thank 93Pro for putting everything together, we had a great time. I apologize that we did not get a chance to say goodbye, we had to get back and with the slight rain delay I wasn't sure where you were. In any event, thank so much to you and everyone that helped to put this together, we hope to get a chance to ski with you all sometime in the future...possibly Buckeye Bash 2!!!
If you ever find yourself in the Akron area you will always have a pull waiting.
Thanks,
Jeff and Kim

turn1andburn1
08-22-2010, 12:49 PM
I hope everyone had a great time, I wish we had more Canadians on the board so we could put something like this together. Can't wait to hear how it went and of course hope to see some great pictures.

93Prostar190
08-22-2010, 10:00 PM
Good evening everyone, well the 2010 Buckeye Bash was held yesterday and boy oh boy did we have a great day.

Please bear with me for this recap. I'll try to be brief, but for those of that were not there here goes ..

I got to the ramp at 7:50 am ready to put up a welcome tent, and the 1st thing I saw was a 2010 Tournament Team 197 boat on her last mission before going back to the dealer that day. It was a great boat and an hour later it was in the water ready for some pulls. (The windy conditions of the day made the slalom course a contact event but we had a few good skiers give it a go despite the Southern winds.)

That boat was awesome, but it was the 2nd best slalom boat to show up, because let me tell you when JSKI and his wife pull into your local ramp with their 40th Anniversary Prostar 197, things stop and the heads turn. That is a sweet boat, and sweet trailer, but it only gets better when you realize that its owners are great people which are friendly, ready to offer a pull, and drove 2 hours each way to only be there a few hours. I apologize for leaving any water spots on that boat (drool ;) ... thanks for coming. And when JSKI pulled in he had some posse behind that would put on some wakeboarding tricks for us later. Nothing like a big yee haa as they pulled in to the ramp!

That was only the start, Chris Drabic from Tri-Lakes Marine came down with a 2011 X-15 ... what a nice boat ... if you are looking for a family boat with room and good looks, then check that one out. He also brought it down since it was Red and a perfect color for the Buckeye Bash. Nice, and it was a pleasure to learn to wake surf behind that boat later in the day. Thanks Chris, and thanks to James and Company as well. Chris brought down Mastercraft T-shirts (I am pretty sure everyone got one or more) and some really cool giveways ... the best part. Chris was awesome, he knows everyone and shared time with all our owners. He even looked at an X-9 that was at the ramp but not part of our event. Once you are his customer, you are always his customer. Chris you are a class act.

Boats kept rolling in ... Sweet X-1, X-Star (older style, and sweet), a 214 ;), some 205's, Prostar 190 93 (our club president's), and more. Yes, I know PICs .. more on that when I stop typing.

Calls311 brought down some samples of Water sport remover which he secured for the event and everyone left with the Hot Sauce .... we are all trying it out. His family is awesome and the old man can wakeboard! He also has his sound system dialed in ... later I was drying my boat next to his and the Zac Brown soundtrack was perfect.

WillyT rolled up from Cinci without his boat, and a wrapped ankle, but he still brought his A game. WillyT you are the man, I hope we get to ride together again in the future. While we were not able to put on a full wakeboard tourney, I have a feeling that we can pull something together in the future. You were really nice to everyone and you definitely have a great boating attitude. Safe travels this week!

Mattscraft ..... this may be the coolest dude on the coolest X-2 anywhere on the planet. Matt brings the party wherever you may be ..... thanks for loaning me the surfboard and then later towing me on the awesome wake. You are a great driver and thanks for sharing your boat with everyone. My niece and friend Chris think you are the greatest. Let's ride again some time in the future.

DoubleD - thanks for all your support in putting this event together. You have a great family and I had fun surfing with your son and his friend, I hope baseball went well today. You have a great sled and even better bimni (for those of you that have not seen Double D's bimni ask him to post a picture .... let's just day it ain't so cool). But DoubleD rocked the American Flag on his boat and pulled double riders for while when we dodged raindrops.

It rained yes ... and we all got wet ... heck we all tied up under the bridge and stayed dry and it was a sight ..... .a bunch of sweet boats taking shelter under the Home Rd. Bridge. Every time the rain broke, we hit the water ... from 10-5 we made the most of it.

Pro205, never put on his boardshorts, but he rode with all of us ..... thanks for hanging with us ...

I am leaving people out ... but we had a great time. A big special thanks to my wife, she made a bunch of sandwiches for everyone and really helped me on everything relating to the event. She also set up the Bogey Inn and t-shirts for us. We hope everyone like the shirts, I think it was pretty good for the 1st. Mostly, she shares my craziness for these boats and you awesome people.

MC owners are 1st class, everyone went out of their way to thank us and everybody was classy and upbeat even thought the weather sucked for a while.

The consensus was that the O'Shaughnessy Reservoir was a good venue for the event since it was easy to ride the river and we had some great water when the wind was not blowing.

I am going to post pictures on MOWSC.COM (on our event page tommorow) and I will post a link tommorow. I will also accept PM's if you have pictures, so I can give you an upload site and we can share ... I'll post some below to wet your appetite.

Some recap stats:
- Everyone got some kind of cool giveway to include, No Wake Signs, MC Koozies, MC shirts, MC Flags, 2 soft sided coolers, Spot remover, donuts, wrist bands, hats, a wakeboard rope set, and more. (If you did not get anything, then you must of not been with us!) ... we also had 40th anniversary books for everyone, DVD's and more ..... USA Water SKi welcome bags, and more

- We tried to give everyone a lunch ..... for those of you that didn't show, I am mad at you since I will be eating ham sandwiches for the next 2 months. !!!!!

- It rained on us, but everyone was determined to have a good time.

I say we do it again next year .... how about August 20, 2011 for Buckeye Bash II?

If you did not make it, then sorry but we would love to see you next time.

Matt ... I am left foot forward, and I prefer girls.

here are some pics .... JSki's boat and crew, the 2011 X-15, just kinda bunched up in the middle of the river while riders got ready.....

93Prostar190
08-22-2010, 10:07 PM
Slack! hit -it - Sweet X-1 ....
and also DoubleD's boat haulin' the mail.

93Prostar190
08-22-2010, 10:23 PM
Man this X-15 wake is sweet .... Raley anyone?

WillyT and Crew ... and also Matt from Mattscraft .... notice the sweet t-shirt!

Matt's X-2 ..... nice!

93Prostar190
08-22-2010, 10:31 PM
DoubleD's Bimini ... and a rookie surfer (can my PS 214 make a wake?).

Ryan
08-22-2010, 10:32 PM
Looks like a ton of fun - I wish I could have made it!

Double D
08-23-2010, 12:20 AM
Let me say I was hoping to post these comments this morning but the baseball tryouts (which went well and Nathan was asked to join the team), lunch and the drive to Niagra Falls slowed me down. As I sit in my hotel room overlooking the falls I thank 93prostar190 (should be 08x14) and his crew for putting together the Buckeye Bash. Although mother nature had her sense of humor showing all day we enjoyed ourselves and had a great time meeting everyone.

As for the Bimini, I do have a new one on order so that POS will be gone by next week. However, thanks for the rain I did win an award for that bimini!! :rolleyes:

I can provide a few of my pictures here now but the dancing video on the JSKI boat to the Bee Gee's will have to wait a few days. I did get the USA salute picture included!!

Cant wait to see more photos!!

jkski
08-23-2010, 09:09 AM
Double D,
Sorry we did not get to come back to the bridge to say goodbye, the rain started moving in again and opted to pull out and get her covered before the monsoon hit. Hope to catch-up with you again soon and I look forward to seeing that vid!!! You should come footin' with us some Saturday morning as the dancing is only the beginning of the fun we have....gotta make it fun right!
Send me an email address and I will send over some photo's my wife took of your boat.

Again, great meeting everyone and don't hesitate to contact me if you ever find yourself in the Akron area, the boat is always full of gas and ready to roll!!!

BG1772
08-23-2010, 09:24 AM
Thank you for putting this together. I did not get out till late. Due to mechanical issues, I ended up attending the show on a non-MC. It did not feel right, but was still a great time. Wish the weather would have been more cooperative. Hopefully it will be better next year.

Double D
08-23-2010, 09:49 AM
Double D,
Sorry we did not get to come back to the bridge to say goodbye, the rain started moving in again and opted to pull out and get her covered before the monsoon hit. Hope to catch-up with you again soon and I look forward to seeing that vid!!! You should come footin' with us some Saturday morning as the dancing is only the beginning of the fun we have....gotta make it fun right!
Send me an email address and I will send over some photo's my wife took of your boat.

Again, great meeting everyone and don't hesitate to contact me if you ever find yourself in the Akron area, the boat is always full of gas and ready to roll!!!

Yep, I would have opted to pull the boat as well. Sorry you had to leave so early. We'll keep in touch!

MattsCraft
08-23-2010, 10:03 AM
I don’t know what else I can add to what my main man Rob has said about this great event, I know over used but in a word “Awesome”. My hats off to you and your wife for making this event a complete and memorable trip of the summer! "Cool Shirts & Cling Sticker, lunch, great prizes and best of all I will be sporting my new Blue MC soft-sided cooler next outing”!!!

This trip marked a bittersweet end of summer for me as my son left for school in Virginia on Sunday. Those of you with young families will sooner than you think, have to let go of your children as they spread their wings. :cry:My daughter (could not make it due to work) moved out in July, and now my son off on his adventure, makes for a very quiet house. Maybe I will go over and kick the Cat to make me feel better!!! I digress…

While we had a little rain, it did not damper a thing, who new Rob was such a comedian… I have attended one other MC reunion event since owning one (which cannot even compare), and I just can’t say enough about the new friends I have made. This was such a blast, easy access and I would only add this…next year we make it a 2 day event!!!

:toast:

MattsCraft
08-23-2010, 10:12 AM
A few more...

MattsCraft
08-23-2010, 10:18 AM
OK, I am an overachiever!

Double D
08-23-2010, 10:19 AM
OK, I am an overachiever!

More More More! Pan left in the group boat photo!! :D

93Prostar190
08-23-2010, 12:44 PM
Hey everyone if you want to send me pics via CD or upload send me a PM. I have a slideshow format of our shots (so you can also download any of the ones you want to keep in a higher-res format than TT allows.) .... it is on our Club Web Site ...

http://www.mowsc.com/images/MCBuckeyeBash2010/index.html

willyt
08-23-2010, 12:54 PM
Can’t thank everyone enough for coming out. Super props to rob, chris and everyone else who had a hand in planning it. Even though I didn’t have my boat, didn’t have my ankle, I along with everyone else had a great time. The rain delay kinda removed any chance for a somewhat organized wakeboard comp, but we taught a few people how to surf, everyone threw down and had fun so that’s what’s important.

August 20, 2011 is already on my calendar for the second annual buckeye bash. Next year we can all celebrate OSU’s national championship after they win it this year (my special rule #5 :-p ).

Matt and I were talking about getting something together this fall down in Cincinnati, I think cinci had a “ski freeze” event a few years ago, perhaps we could resurrect the name..

Until then, Rob, and anyone from last weekend: Please please let me know if your ever around cinci, PM me and we’ll hook up and ride in my special Cincinnati Bengals edition X2 or hit up wake nation. Hope to see you all soon, especially if you’re from Cincinnati.

P.S. I have pictures too... just forgot my memory card back in cincinnati as i'm in lovely bentonville arkansas this week...

Double D
08-23-2010, 06:02 PM
Hey everyone if you want to send me pics via CD or upload send me a PM. I have a slideshow format of our shots (so you can also download any of the ones you want to keep in a higher-res format than TT allows.) .... it is on our Club Web Site ...

http://www.mowsc.com/images/MCBuckeyeBash2010/index.html

Great Pictures 93Prostar190 and wife!! I can send you the rest of my pictures at the end of the week.

OHIOPRO205
08-23-2010, 09:05 PM
93 Prostar190 and wife and family, THANKS!!!!! For a great time. Things didn't work out for my family( or my boat) to make it up but I am so glad I made it. Looking forward to August 20, 2011!! I hope to PM you and come up before the season is over. ( with the family and boat.) Thanks again for all the hard work you guys put into it. Enjoyed everyones company.

calls311
08-23-2010, 09:42 PM
As a master of the obvious I have to throw in my Thank You's to 93ProStar190 (aka Rob & Sarah) for pulling this all together. My family & I had an awesome time. It was cool to hang out with people addicted to the MC life. That bridge deal you have going in the O Shag is a really cool feature for rainy days.

Matt, loved the X-2....the 1800 pounds makes a monster of a wake. Perhaps in 2011 I can check it out from a 75' view with a handle.

Double D, wild I have to go to Columbus to meet someone from my hometown. I thought there was only one Mastercraft ever to come out of Massillon, OH.

Tim, surfin at the end was cool, don't sell out on the right hand prop boat....just work on left foot forward over the winter. I have an Indo Board if you need it.

Mr. Drabic, hat's off to BHM @ Trilakes for steppin' up. We are lucky to have you & James in the mix.

To the whole crew, in a word, it was Awesome.

calls311
08-23-2010, 09:46 PM
If anyone wants a full size image let me know.

calls311
08-23-2010, 09:49 PM
More from the bash

calls311
08-23-2010, 09:55 PM
One more, the 93Prostar Machine!

calls311
08-23-2010, 10:02 PM
PS.....I am also pleased to note that I have been vindicated in the eyes of my kids. They now realize I am not the only dad that makes their family stay on the boat in the rain in search of that perfect water.....

That being said, my kids had a blast.

MattsCraft
08-24-2010, 08:58 AM
Chris - Just love these shots of your kids, wish I had a boat when mine were that young! My ex wife hated boating, so I guess that is why she is the ex...:D

Double D
08-24-2010, 08:59 AM
Great Pics Calls!! What I find hard to believe is that I know there are MasterCrafts out there in my area but we all have our particular place to hang out so we never meet up. I did finally hook up with Captain Planet but I had to post the following thread to do it.
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=31109

Great to meet you and your family! Keep them skiing!

93Prostar190
09-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Hey everyone ... hope you all have plans for the upcoming holiday weekend ..... I just uploaded all the pictures that you have emailed to me onto our Club web site .... so feel free to browse (there are some blurry ones and some dupes but you can just skip right over those) ... I posted alll the pictures that have been sent to me ...

Thanks again for sending pics ... http://www.mowsc.com/MCBash2010.htm (there is a link just down a few sentences to the picture gallery)

I have a few extra Mastercraft Stickers left over from our giveaway packs and some of the static clings ... PM me with your address and I will send them to you while I have them ......

Peace,

Rob

Double D
09-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Hey everyone ... hope you all have plans for the upcoming holiday weekend ..... I just uploaded all the pictures that you have emailed to me onto our Club web site .... so feel free to browse (there are some blurry ones and some dupes but you can just skip right over those) ... I posted alll the pictures that have been sent to me ...

Thanks again for sending pics ... http://www.mowsc.com/MCBash2010.htm (there is a link just down a few sentences to the picture gallery)

I have a few extra Mastercraft Stickers left over from our giveaway packs and some of the static clings ... PM me with your address and I will send them to you while I have them ......

Peace,

Rob

Awesome again!! Thanks again!!

Double D
09-01-2010, 10:44 PM
BTW, I now have my Bimini installed. Time to get rid of the umbrella..:rolleyes:

Saved my skin this past Sunday... It was a HOT Sunny one!

Double D
09-05-2010, 09:49 PM
OK, since I cant get the moderator to answer why I couldn't upload this video, I went the YOUTUBE direction. Not sure who the dancer is but here is the Staying Alive dancing video during one of the rain delays.

ENJOY!!!:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py-_meqSE4E

93Prostar190
09-06-2010, 08:18 AM
DoubleD ... that video is great, thanks for the laugh .... I had no idea a Prostar 197 had such a nice dance floor.

In your other pictures the bimni looks really good!

jkski
09-06-2010, 10:19 AM
While I can not reveal the identity of the individual who turned the rear of my boat in a disco dancefloor, I can say that you all now a small glimpse into what I encounter every weekend when we foot together. I have to say that this guy along with his friend, who you see in many of the wakeboard shots, are 2 of the most high energy, fun people to be around.
Thanks for posting the video, I am sure he has already started on working on new moves for the 2nd Annual Buckeye Bash! I will bring the dancefloor!

Double D
10-03-2010, 10:47 PM
DoubleD ... that video is great, thanks for the laugh .... I had no idea a Prostar 197 had such a nice dance floor.

In your other pictures the bimni looks really good!

93, I never thanked you for the Bimini comments. I just looked at the pictures again from the event. Missing the water..... You still skiing down there?? The last time for us was on Sept 24th.

93Prostar190
10-05-2010, 12:59 PM
Double D,

sadly the boat hasn't seen the water since Mid September .. it isn't winterized and I know the wife and I will cruise the lake later this week but after that it may be hibernation time.

Look at it this way ... less than 11 months till the next Buckeye Bash! Bimni looks awesome, and GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

We should almost have a Winter Buckeye bash meeting to watch a little football / hockey or something ...... maybe we can score some Blue Jackets tickets and a suite ....... I'll put my best people on it!

Peace!

MattsCraft
10-05-2010, 02:21 PM
Rob - Count me in on Blue Jackets tickets, huge hockey fan! Will and I were out two Friday's ago on my boat and last Friday on his. Water temp was 73 still but the air temp was only 70, pretty darn cold. This will prob be our last weekend, upper 70's and 80 on Sunday.

I have all my winterizing stuff readdy to go, a sad day every year my man, a sad day!:(

jkski
10-05-2010, 06:49 PM
C'mon guys don't throw in the towel yet on this season, we still have at least 6 more weeks.

Double D
10-05-2010, 06:54 PM
That's what I am talking about JKSKI. Its not over yet! Need a dry suit though or Indian Summer.

BTW, I know someone who works for the Blue Jackets. Not sure what I can accomplish with that knowledge though.... :)

willyt
10-05-2010, 11:51 PM
Wild will might make a guest appearance in cbus this Friday night/Saturday to go to some strange place they call the horseshoe and

WATCH THEM BUCKS!!

Mgboyd25
12-28-2010, 07:45 PM
I came to the reunion with JKski last year but was not a mastercraft owner yet bc I was saving up for for the major purchase. I drove all the way to MO on Thanksgiving to pick up a 2004 X7. Is everyone planning on putting together another Buckeye reunion next summer? Let me know if anyone needs any help setting it up!!

Double D
12-28-2010, 09:47 PM
I came to the reunion with JKski last year but was not a mastercraft owner yet bc I was saving up for for the major purchase. I drove all the way to MO on Thanksgiving to pick up a 2004 X7. Is everyone planning on putting together another Buckeye reunion next summer? Let me know if anyone needs any help setting it up!!

Oh boy.... Were you the dancer on his boat shown in this video??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py-_meqSE4E

Lets see a picture of your X7. From what I know, the date is set for next year for August 20, 2011. Looking forward to it!

93Prostar190
12-29-2010, 07:54 AM

We need to see the X7 ..... Double D is right, we already picked August 20th for the event with some potential for a 2nd day on the 21st for anyone staying in town overnight.

I want to take this chance to tell everyone Happy Holidays!!!!! I hope you had a great X-mas, and super New Year!!!!

Peace!

Double D
12-29-2010, 08:13 AM
We need to see the X7 ..... Double D is right, we already picked August 20th for the event with some potential for a 2nd day on the 21st for anyone staying in town overnight.

I want to take this chance to tell everyone Happy Holidays!!!!! I hope you had a great X-mas, and super New Year!!!!

Peace!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too. Be safe this weekend!

OHIOPRO205
12-29-2010, 08:35 AM
Boy I hope things change at the college that my daughter is going to. She signed to play soccer at a Div.3 school in Indiana and as of now move in day is Aug.20. That stinks for the reunion. The family and the boat were planning on making an apperance this year. Dates may change by then. Or could make it on the 21st if anyone stays around.

OHIOPRO205
12-29-2010, 08:41 AM
Just looking back through some of the older post. Sitting here laughing at the youtube dance video. Thanks Double D!!!!

jkski
12-29-2010, 09:24 AM
The date is already reserved on the calendar and we will be bringing along a new little addition this year, pending I can figure out how to strap a baby seat into a PS197! Thanks to MGBOYD and his girlfriend the little addition will arrive in MC style with custom clothing!!!

Mgboyd25
12-29-2010, 07:29 PM
Oh boy.... Were you the dancer on his boat shown in this video??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py-_meqSE4E

Lets see a picture of your X7. From what I know, the date is set for next year for August 20, 2011. Looking forward to it!

haha regarding the dancer... im just not sure who that guy was... i will say that those were some nice moves

looking forward to the next mc reunion August 20th!

Here is a picture of the X7 right after we test drove it.:D

Double D
12-29-2010, 07:31 PM
haha regarding the dancer... im just not sure who that guy was... i will say that those were some nice moves

looking forward to the next mc reunion August 20th!

Here is a picture of the X7 right after we test drove it.:D

Very nice!! My favorite model and design of the MasterCraft line.

Don't know the dancer huh?? Sure, sure...

OHIOPRO205
12-30-2010, 08:11 AM
Nice boat. That is also my favorite model. Great find.

calls311
01-22-2011, 04:42 PM
OK...0.0 degrees F this morning in Canton, OH. Someone please enlighten me as to why we have not all moved to Orlando, Winterhaven, Cypress Gardens, etc. It seems that we all really like to ski, foot, board, and boat....so why is that I am not smart enough to leave this all behind....See you all in August.

PS - on a personal note: I blew up the knee,,, again...just had ACL replacement # 2. Anyone care to teach me how to slalom since the Ronix is abusing me.:D

Double D
01-22-2011, 05:30 PM
OK...0.0 degrees F this morning in Canton, OH. Someone please enlighten me as to why we have not all moved to Orlando, Winterhaven, Cypress Gardens, etc. It seems that we all really like to ski, foot, board, and boat....so why is that I am not smart enough to leave this all behind....See you all in August.

PS - on a personal note: I blew up the knee,,, again...just had ACL replacement # 2. Anyone care to teach me how to slalom since the Ronix is abusing me.:D

All good points! I have no friggen idea!! :rolleyes:
Get that knee healed up and ready to use by Spring!

93Prostar190
01-23-2011, 10:24 AM

Sorry to hear about the knee ... but lucky for you I can teach you to be an awful slalom skier from the shade of Double D's sweet bimni.

Hang in there only 8 months till Buckeye bash. Keep the Ronix ... fire the personal trainer!

Peace .... and by the way we should get together for a CBJ game ..... Matt you out there?

MattsCraft
01-23-2011, 10:31 AM
Sorry to hear about the knee ... but lucky for you I can teach you to be an awful slalom skier from the shade of Double D's sweet bimni.

Hang in there only 8 months till Buckeye bash. Keep the Ronix ... fire the personal trainer!

Peace .... and by the way we should get together for a CBJ game ..... Matt you out there?

Rob - You bet, boat show is over this weekend so other than finishing up painting our master bedroom (long story) I am in for a CBJ game in February!

Jim@BAWS
01-23-2011, 11:05 AM
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=39410

03geetee
01-23-2011, 12:25 PM
The mustang car club I belong to does these kind of events all the time and I love them, your event sounds right up my alley...

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/o3geetee/Spring2007056.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/o3geetee/Spring2007059.jpg

They ran out of pumps...

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/o3geetee/Spring2007029.jpg

I would love to bring the classic out there and have some fun for a day or two this year. I will see what the drive time is and see if we can have some chitown flavor out in buckeye country.

JTR

Double D
01-23-2011, 09:44 PM

Hey Rob, that cool Bimini is available now, if you want it for your boat... :D

Jim@BAWS
01-30-2011, 09:25 AM
The mustang car club I belong to does these kind of events all the time and I love them, your event sounds right up my alley...
JTR

Photos from Last years Classic Car Event we helped out together and sponsor

http://www.bayareawatersports.com/news.asp?header=&display=&tab=&topsiteid=&siteid=&bvdid=3121&nav=117117&bvdid_filter=&chaid=236656&chsid=4521

93Prostar190
01-31-2011, 11:11 AM
Hey Rob, that cool Bimini is available now, if you want it for your boat... :D

Ok .... for old times sake .... you bring it, and I will mount it.

(That was also Matt's best pickup line back in the day ;)

Double D
01-31-2011, 02:27 PM
Ok .... for old times sake .... you bring it, and I will mount it.

(That was also Matt's best pickup line back in the day ;)

Deal! Not sure it will look as good on your x14 though.....

You referring to MattsCraft?? Have you seen the Marketplace lately? Beautiful X2 for sale... :(

93Prostar190
02-01-2011, 07:45 AM
Deal! Not sure it will look as good on your x14 though.....

You referring to MattsCraft?? Have you seen the Marketplace lately? Beautiful X2 for sale... :(

I can't believe my eyes ... I am hoping that he is only selling the X-2 so he can look at upgrading ....

MattsCraft
02-01-2011, 09:24 AM
Just testing the waters 8p looking at an X25, but if people keep selling boats for give away prices "08 X2 for $47,000" post, then I will have the X2 for a long time.:rolleyes:

Rob - Please stop giving away my pick up lines :D

JohnE
02-01-2011, 09:33 AM
Just testing the waters 8p looking at an X25, but if people keep selling boats for give away prices "08 X2 for $47,000" post, then I will have the X2 for a long time.:rolleyes:

Rob - Please stop giving away my pick up lines :D

That's a reality unfortunately. I have the same problem with my '09. Prices have been ridiculously low on these late models.

scott023
02-01-2011, 11:21 AM
That's a reality unfortunately. I have the same problem with my '09. Prices have been ridiculously low on these late models.

That's not what any of us want to hear.

calls311
02-05-2011, 11:03 AM
The original MC Factory....our first one. The factory is a little different today.

calls311
02-05-2011, 11:06 AM
Matt,

I was looking at the X-25 as well......It is a nice piece of fiberglass. Like the flip up rear facing seats.

willyt
02-07-2011, 03:38 PM
Is it august yet?

It is feb now though... I figure only about 37 days or so until i'll be on the water. Started the teaking this weekend and just ordered the heater today so after that first dip in the water this year i wont be hypothermic.

Rob - I'd be down for a CBJ game sometime too.

03geetee
02-08-2011, 08:18 PM
God I cannot wait til spring at our lakehouse in WI.

JTR

03geetee
02-08-2011, 08:21 PM
Photos from Last years Classic Car Event we helped out together and sponsor

http://www.bayareawatersports.com/news.asp?header=&display=&tab=&topsiteid=&siteid=&bvdid=3121&nav=117117&bvdid_filter=&chaid=236656&chsid=4521

Awesome pictures Jim looks like a nice event!

JTR

93Prostar190
04-11-2011, 09:12 AM
Buckeye Bash reminder for August 20/21 !

Hi everyone ... I know it is only Spring ... but as you well know, the Summer can go by fast. I am looking forward to the 2nd Annual Buckeye Bash.

Our club will be installing the slalom course in early May. So put it in your calendars ... August 20th! Out of state guests are welcome!!!! We should be able to get some great participation from Tri-Lakes and make this year's event bigger and better.

If you weren't here last year, then you missed out. See you on the water.

Double D
04-11-2011, 09:40 AM
Buckeye Bash reminder for August 20/21 !

Hi everyone ... I know it is only Spring ... but as you well know, the Summer can go by fast. I am looking forward to the 2nd Annual Buckeye Bash.

Our club will be installing the slalom course in early May. So put it in your calendars ... August 20th! Out of state guests are welcome!!!! We should be able to get some great participation from Tri-Lakes and make this year's event bigger and better.

If you weren't here last year, then you missed out. See you on the water.

On the Calendar! Looking forward to it! Boat is all Amp'd up now with additional speakers and of course, the new Bimini!! :rolleyes:

MattsCraft
04-11-2011, 11:20 AM
Planning on 2 days this year and Rob will you please reach out to the sun gods for a favor this year? I am also on a recruiting mission to get a better showing from the Cincinnati contingent!!!

Willy, for sure your knee will be ready to at least surf by then.8p

Is there an link up yet, I can post in on Cincy Wake?

ntidsl
04-11-2011, 11:22 AM
I see cincy mastercraft moved to kentucky, anyone at the grand opening saturday?

MattsCraft
04-11-2011, 02:17 PM
I see cincy mastercraft moved to kentucky, anyone at the grand opening saturday?

Yup - They are in Florence, KY now, just off Mt Zion Road exit and I-75. Fantastic facility, full showroom and pro shop and a nice size maintinence shop. The open house was a blast with a mini gambling casinio playing funny money for prizes. It was well attended and a great event!

93Prostar190
04-14-2011, 09:30 PM
Planning on 2 days this year and Rob will you please reach out to the sun gods for a favor this year? I am also on a recruiting mission to get a better showing from the Cincinnati contingent!!!

Willy, for sure your knee will be ready to at least surf by then.8p

Is there an link up yet, I can post in on Cincy Wake?

I'll get the page updated on our Ski Club Web Site ... and of course there is always this thread. Thanks for the reminder. I also need to get us the permit again for the day on the lake .... that will happen this week so the fishing boys don't reserve the lake that weekend.

I am hopeful to also reserve some slips also to make parking and eating a little easier ... Willy still up to being the Wake/Surf coordinator?

I hope you feel better soon ......

Jerseydave
04-15-2011, 12:30 PM
Hey Ohio MC owners!

I've set a date for the PA mini-reunion....July 29-31.
Raystown Lake PA.....not far from Ohio.
Rooms get booked fast so call now.
As of today there are some cabins left and camp sites also....but don't hesitate! :D

http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=39410

www.raystownresort.com

Hope your OH reunion is a (Buckeye) blast as well!

willyt
04-19-2011, 12:34 PM
raystown lake? 8 hours from cinci... the thought of an 8 hour tow with 4 dollar gas makes me want to cringe... best of luck anyway.

Rob, yup, can still do the boarding/surfing thing. It will be surfing alone again for me this year since blowin the ACL... Never snowboarding in the midwest EVER again. fffing stupid resorts ruining my summer...

Mini Rant over. definitely looking forward to this again, hopefully will be warmer and not raining this time, but we should definitely do a 5-10 minute under the bridge gathering in honor of last year

93Prostar190
04-19-2011, 05:16 PM
hi Willy ... funny thing as your message came across today, I was driving by the Orlando Watersports Complex and Cable Park ... so I felt your cable / wake spirit in the air!

I wish a quick recovery my friend!

Buckeye Bash is 2 days this year .... so rest up so you can bring it!

XChris1632X
05-03-2011, 12:51 AM
I look forward to being a part of this event for this year. I was in KY last year and didnt see this until it was over. This is my weekly stomping grounds and I only live 20 mins away.

93Prostar190
05-03-2011, 08:58 AM
I look forward to being a part of this event for this year. I was in KY last year and didnt see this until it was over. This is my weekly stomping grounds and I only live 20 mins away.

Great to hear it ... we need a few more locals at the event. The 2nd event should be better than the 1st !

willyt
06-17-2011, 02:17 PM
Figure its about time to start hyping this again.

I, and my boat will be there this year (however, still unable to ride like last year)

Mgboyd25
06-17-2011, 03:48 PM
I will be down again this year also. But this year with my own boat!