PDA

View Full Version : Houseboat Rental help - Lake Blue Ridge or Lake Martin

MCVOLS
04-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Does anyone have any houseboat rental recomendations for Lake Martin AL or Lake Blue Ridge GA? I can not find anything on Lake Martin (lots of cabins, no houseboats), and only a couple of older house boats on Lake Blue Ridge.

Any other nice lakes in central GA or AL? Meeting some friends from FL and we are coming from TN. Looking for something in the middle.

CruisinGA
04-12-2010, 03:38 PM
I might be biased, but Lake Blue Ridge is where it's at. :D Cold, clean mountain water, great views, and 80% national forest shoreline (less people)

From what I have been told, only older houseboats that have been grandfathered in are allowed on Blue Ridge. Apparently illegal black water dumping got out of control back in the 80s and so they were banned.

A friend of mine is on Lake Martin, they like it, but don't know anything else about it.

I do know of several houses near mine available to rent, our end of the lake is the best for watersports, long channels that do not get too choppy.

Let me know if you need any more information on Blue Ridge.

CantRepeat
04-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Does anyone have any houseboat rental recomendations for Lake Martin AL or Lake Blue Ridge GA? I can not find anything on Lake Martin (lots of cabins, no houseboats), and only a couple of older house boats on Lake Blue Ridge.

Any other nice lakes in central GA or AL? Meeting some friends from FL and we are coming from TN. Looking for something in the middle.

Lake Martin is probably the best lake in the Aburn/Alex City area. You can't go wrong with this one. I don't know about house boats for rent there but there sure are a lot of houses for rent.

mjb100798
04-14-2010, 05:45 PM
check out lmvr.net its got a some houses for rent, went there last year for aquapallooza, was a blast, beautiful lake and very friendly people, get your gas in town though...