PDA

View Full Version : Question about draining water from engine for winter...

trapjaw
04-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Hey, i'm new to the MC inboard boat scene, and the winterization process. Theres a little brass drain plug in the block, on either side, just beneath the exhaust manifolds. Are these the drains for winterizing? If so, are there also other areas with plugs that need to be drained as well? Winter is over, so now i wanna make sure that any drain plugs are tightened before i take my new/used boat out for the first time soon. Thanks for any input.

83SuperSlot
04-10-2010, 07:36 PM
Usually there are 4 two towards the front and two in the back... what motor is it?

Cloaked
04-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Hey, i'm new to the MC inboard boat scene, and the winterization process. Theres a little brass drain plug in the block, on either side, just beneath the exhaust manifolds. Are these the drains for winterizing? If so, are there also other areas with plugs that need to be drained as well? Winter is over, so now i wanna make sure that any drain plugs are tightened before i take my new/used boat out for the first time soon. Thanks for any input.Yes, the brass plugs are drain points.

Bottom of the impeller housing there lies a plug. The rest of the drain points are hose clamps (aside from the ones mentioned so far). I assume you have the 75 model with a 302 or a 351. Both are the same.

There are two brass plugs under the exhaust hose(s) on each side of the exhaust manifold. If they are not leaking, leave them be. They are not the best comnnections in the world. Order some new spares from Skidim.com. Do not overtighten. They will strip the threads in the mainfold easily. Leave them alone if they don't leak.

Tighten the hose clamps and get on with it. These Ford engines are about bullet-proof.

trapjaw
04-10-2010, 09:24 PM
Yeah, it's a '75 with the 351...i should've said so.
Ok, cool. It looks like i got it all taken care of then. I appreciate the response. Thanks!