PDA

View Full Version : Mooring Cover

bjackson
04-08-2010, 09:32 AM
I'm in the market for a new mooring cover for my 2001 x-star. The dealer has told me he can't get me a Mastercraft cover because my model year has to be within 7 years of the current model year, is this true?

The dealer is recommending I either get a X-1 cover and modify the area where the tower meets the hull (because they are different towers), or get a custom cover made. Does anyone know who Mastercraft gets there covers from? I can't imagine Mastercraft actually making all there covers, right? I'm looking for options...

Thanks

g00doleb0y14
04-08-2010, 09:43 AM
Not sure who makes MC covers, but try www.coversearch.com and skiboatcovers.com

Good luck

Rick.

TMCNo1
04-08-2010, 10:17 AM
I'm in the market for a new mooring cover for my 2001 x-star. The dealer has told me he can't get me a Mastercraft cover because my model year has to be within 7 years of the current model year, is this true?

The dealer is recommending I either get a X-1 cover and modify the area where the tower meets the hull (because they are different towers), or get a custom cover made. Does anyone know who Mastercraft gets there covers from? I can't imagine Mastercraft actually making all there covers, right? I'm looking for options...

Thanks

BS/Pelosi!
Contact Apex Canvas, 1-865-458-8828, Joe or Lisa, OEM manufacturer for MC and they have the pattern for your boat and can make you a OEM cover.

east tx skier
04-08-2010, 12:50 PM
Rankin covers are top notch. Coversports and evolution are great, too. I have coversports, but I think Rankin and Evolution have the patterns for MC.

bjackson
05-25-2010, 11:10 PM
BS/Pelosi!
Contact Apex Canvas, 1-865-458-8828, Joe or Lisa, OEM manufacturer for MC and they have the pattern for your boat and can make you a OEM cover.

I did just that and they provided me with an awesome cover. They ended up selling me a 2003-2004 X2 cover which fit perfect because I had the same hull and tower as on that boat.

They provided me with the cover and a new set of poles for just over $500. Awesome deal in my opinion. Would definitely recommend.