PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip - Tenn/Georgia

Double D
04-07-2010, 02:39 PM
Short notice I know, but any MC'rs in or around Talking Rock, Jasper, Georgia or Cleveland, TN?? If your reading this in the afternoon on Thursday 4/9/2010 your too late.

My brother and I are heading to Talking Rock, GA Thursday to pick up his new craft on Friday morning and I am wondering if there is anything to do down there.

Any good places to stay?
Any good places to Eat?
Any good places to DRINK?:D

Thanks guys!

TMCNo1
04-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Hooters for food, Hooters for drink, and maybe a Hooter's waitress or two to spend the night with, if your a real heavy tipper.
I thought we had taught you better , but......................:rolleyes::D

Double D
04-07-2010, 03:10 PM
Hooters for food, Hooters for drink, and maybe a Hooter's waitress or two to spend the night with, if your a real heavy tipper.
I thought we had taught you better , but......................:rolleyes::D

Harold!! That was the first place I checked!! ;) The closest Hooters is over in Chattanooga and further South by over an Hour. Hard to drive that far even though its all there!!

CruisinGA
04-07-2010, 03:50 PM
I drive through Jasper and Talking Rock to get to our place on Blue Ridge.

I don't know downtown Jasper at all, Blue Ridge, which is about 30 minutes to the north, has several new excellent restaurants I could recommend, and a new microbrewery.

Ellijay, which is about 15 minutes north of Jasper, has a great BBQ place - Col. Poole's. (The proprietor, Col. Poole, is a very active Republican). There is another BBQ place, also very good a few minutes up the road, who's proprietor is a very active (southern, now alienated) Democrat.

These are small towns, in mostly dry counties, (especially until the last few years) not much of anywhere to get a drink.

I guess this MC was used on Carter's Lake?

Double D
04-07-2010, 04:13 PM
I drive through Jasper and Talking Rock to get to our place on Blue Ridge.

I don't know downtown Jasper at all, Blue Ridge, which is about 30 minutes to the north, has several new excellent restaurants I could recommend, and a new microbrewery.

Ellijay, which is about 15 minutes north of Jasper, has a great BBQ place - Col. Poole's. (The proprietor, Col. Poole, is a very active Republican). There is another BBQ place, also very good a few minutes up the road, who's proprietor is a very active (southern, now alienated) Democrat.

These are small towns, in mostly dry counties, (especially until the last few years) not much of anywhere to get a drink.

I guess this MC was used on Carter's Lake?

Wholly crap!! WHAT?? OK, help me out here!! Where can we stay close that is NOT DRY??? Also, don't get mad but its my brother and he is buying a Correct Craft. Not sure which lake the guy is on.

Double D
04-07-2010, 09:56 PM
Bump! Any more help??

JohnE
04-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Bump! Any more help??

Here's some help: Bring Your Own Booze. What's with this dry county bs? We don't have that up here aside from on the Vineyard.

André
04-08-2010, 07:27 AM
I really don't get the "dry counties" thing...:confused:
It's 2010!!!

CruisinGA
04-08-2010, 09:03 AM
The counties that Jasper and Ellijay are in aren't dry anymore as there is at least one liquor store in each, but I'm not aware of any restaurants that serve. Then again, the downtown areas that are a little off the highway probably have stuff that I don't know about.

Much of North Ga was dry just a few years ago, and some still is. The district that these counties are in didn't get named the 4th most conservative district in the country for nothing. :D (At least you know these folks aren't responsible for Obama)

Double D
04-08-2010, 11:02 AM
Thanks guys for all the help. On the road right now, 571 miles to go. We are staying in Jasper and the seller told us of a place called Fatz that serves drinks and food. Here is the boat we are picking up. I kind of think it looks like that 196 bxroads is considering on his thread.

TMCNo1
04-08-2010, 11:19 AM
Thanks guys for all the help. On the road right now, 571 miles to go. We are staying in Jasper and the seller told us of a place called Fatz that serves drinks and food. Here is the boat we are picking up. I kind of think it looks like that 196 bxroads is considering on his thread.

Give us all your brothers address, so we can all send him a sympathy card on his purchase!

Double D
04-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Give us all your brothers address, so we can all send him a sympathy card on his purchase!

Harold, I told him you said that but he was unfazed. He is as dedicated to Correct Craft as you are to MasterCraft so he needs no sympathy. :)

DemolitionMan
04-08-2010, 10:28 PM
Fatz Cafe? Thats a chain restaurant, look for some local fun.

Double D
04-09-2010, 02:24 PM
Good point Yellow, but Fatz was pretty good. Ate way too much. :(

Well, we test drove the boat, trailered it and found that is has a 5-point plug. Never heard of such a thing. We know a 4 point and the round 7 point plug, but never heard of or had the adapter for the 5 point. I'm sure some of you have this? We had to hit the automotive store and pick up a new adapter. Then the boat was never titled in Georgia and it was bought in Michigan, so we had to create a Bill of Sale and find a notary. Fun stuff....

Great looking boat with everything, PP, Sensors for Slalom Course, Shower, Built in Depth Sounder, Heater, Rear Ballast, Wired for Slalom Timer??, Neon, and a tricked out stereo system. We are on the road now for 2.5 hours and it trailers nice, the hubs are cool, and the tires are hanging in there. ETA, 8 hours....

Double D
04-09-2010, 09:28 PM
Oops.... Some delays in our trip due to traffic through Cincinnati and a lost bearing buddy cover so we had grease flying all over the rim. Surprise was is that the hub is larger than normal. Inside diameter is 2 3/8" with O.D at 3 1/4". Were used to less than 2". Anyone have these larger hubs? Hard to find replacement parts...:(

sk8salomon
04-17-2010, 07:56 AM
man, sorry i missed this, wished i could have helped out a fellow OH brotha. i was asleep at the wheel i guess. boat looks nice. were you dealing with h2oz in talking rock?

Double D
04-17-2010, 10:18 AM
man, sorry i missed this, wished i could have helped out a fellow OH brotha. i was asleep at the wheel i guess. boat looks nice. were you dealing with h2oz in talking rock?

Thats OK. We made it ok but had a 2 hour delay due to traffic in Cincinnati and then we lost the bearing buddy cap and grease was flying all over. To be on the safe side we rigged up a cover and got home by 11:00 PM.

My bro was dealing with a private owner down there. Nice ski lake!!