PDA

View Full Version : How many MCs in Phoenix Area?

Mr_Woodcock
04-05-2010, 01:48 PM
Thought I would see how many PHX MCs we have out there and what lake you are typically at?

Brandon

Sodar
04-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Coz is always looking for buddies.

coz
04-05-2010, 02:34 PM
Coz is always looking for buddies.

Got that right!.....it's lonely out here in the desert :(

Hey Brandon, we're on the eastside of the valley and we are at Saguaro most of the time early AM, where you at?

Mr_Woodcock
04-05-2010, 02:59 PM
Im in South Phoenix! I used to live in Mesa and use to hit up Canyon all the time. I typically head to Bartlett and sometimes to Lake Pleasant! Definately need to hit up Saguaro or Canyon since I havent been in awhile. Let me know when the next time you go out!

Brandon

Mag_Red
04-05-2010, 03:52 PM
Got that right!.....it's lonely out here in the desert :(

Hey Brandon, we're on the eastside of the valley and we are at Saguaro most of the time early AM, where you at?Holy **** Coz.........I was just in Phoenix two days ago!!! In the Mesa area. Beautiful town!

FrankSchwab
04-05-2010, 04:18 PM
I'm out here; north-central Phoenix. We're at Saguaro every Thursday afternoon from about 4:30 to dark during the summer.

There are a couple more members here that live in the Phoenix area; I'm sure they'll pop in.

/frank

coz
04-05-2010, 04:24 PM
Holy **** Coz.........I was just in Phoenix two days ago!!! In the Mesa area. Beautiful town!

I saw your unscheduled detour post, wow! glad it wasn't any worse. I actually live in Gilbert, right next to Mesa so when your're in the hood again give me a shout. Were you towing that boat from Phoenix to your home state?

Im in South Phoenix! I used to live in Mesa and use to hit up Canyon all the time. I typically head to Bartlett and sometimes to Lake Pleasant! Definately need to hit up Saguaro or Canyon since I havent been in awhile. Let me know when the next time you go out!

Brandon

Love Canyon but you have to be on early to beat the wind on that lake. We should be at Sag this weekend if all goes well and my people can make it and we're usually at the ramp at 6am. How's Bartlett? I heard it's low while all the other lakes out here are max capacity.

SkiDog
04-05-2010, 04:37 PM
Used to be a chic on here named 'Wakebroad'. She hasn't posted much since finding Facebook and Myspace. She's living in Phoenix.
http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/s...00&ppuser=5157

AZDave
04-05-2010, 05:05 PM
I live in the East Valley. We ski at Firebird. Private, with slalom course, but salt water. I did the Canyon, Saguaro thing about 1000 times I would estimate. Canyon very scenic, Saguaro better water conditions. Roosevelt is the lake, if the wind is down. Skiing Saguaro 25 years ago was pretty awesome, before jet skiing and wakeboarding became popular, but I still go out there on weekdays and find some glass.

FrankSchwab
04-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Hey Coz -
Actually, according to AZGFD, Bartlett is 98% full (http://www.gf.state.az.us/h_f/edits/lake_levels.shtml).

/frank

Mr_Woodcock
04-05-2010, 06:35 PM
Yeah Bartlett was low for some work on the damn but its full now!

Goalie_ken
04-07-2010, 02:30 AM
Tempe checking in....Bartlett on the weekends. Canyon during the week.

coz
04-07-2010, 09:26 AM
I'm out here; north-central Phoenix. We're at Saguaro every Thursday afternoon from about 4:30 to dark during the summer.

There are a couple more members here that live in the Phoenix area; I'm sure they'll pop in.

/frank

Hey Frank, when do you start the thursday afternoon sessions?

FrankSchwab
04-07-2010, 12:17 PM
As soon as I can convince the wife that the water is warm enough. The kids are swimming in the pool these days, so it's pretty close - maybe next week, maybe two weeks.

/frank

Mr_Woodcock
04-07-2010, 04:21 PM
Maybe we could do a small meet at one of the lakes. Always great to meet new MC owners!

smoketu
04-20-2010, 09:18 PM
East valley, Chandler to be exact. Majority of the time spent at Canyon, but like Bartlett. Have not done Roosevelt yet, hoping this season though. Any of you guys know how long it takes for the debris to subside. Went out last weekend to Canyon for the first time this year and it was a mess needless to say didn't stay very long. Do the other lakes tend to do the same this early in the year, didn't get the boat til late last season so didn't notice much.

FrankSchwab
04-21-2010, 03:22 AM
Saguaro tends to be a very clean lake, even early in the season.

On Saturday, however, there was a lot of floating debris in the upper lake.

The rain pattern this spring means that we'll probably have to deal with that for a couple more weeks, until eveything sinks. Then the lakes should be pretty clean until late July.

/frank

FrankSchwab
04-21-2010, 03:24 AM
Maybe we could do a small meet at one of the lakes. Always great to meet new MC owners!

That would be entertaining. I'm hearing mostly central/east valley; perhaps Saguaro or Canyon?

/frank

coz
04-21-2010, 10:04 AM
East valley, Chandler to be exact. Majority of the time spent at Canyon, but like Bartlett. Have not done Roosevelt yet, hoping this season though. Any of you guys know how long it takes for the debris to subside. Went out last weekend to Canyon for the first time this year and it was a mess needless to say didn't stay very long. Do the other lakes tend to do the same this early in the year, didn't get the boat til late last season so didn't notice much.

We do Saguaro early am and have great water. Canyon lake is beautiful but towards the back can be brutal with floating logs and huge branches, I've seen some stuff in that lake that would rip the whole bottom off the boat if you hit it. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy that lake very much but after a good downpour is not a good time to go there, and we've had some good downpours this year. I'd love to hook up with the valley peeps for a day on the water, someone just needs to make the call and I'll be there.

http://www.mastercraft.com/photopost/data/500/Canyon085.jpg

smoketu
04-21-2010, 11:48 PM
Has anyone been to bartlett yet this year? I, too, would be interested in hookin up with some of you folks. Weekends are always best for me.

Texas X10
04-22-2010, 03:06 AM
I know it says Texas... moved here about a year ago... went to Bartlett most of the time. Too many people at Pleasant to Board, no fun. Excited this year because of all the rain and snow up north.

johnson19aj
05-19-2010, 02:56 PM
Just saw this thread. Awesome. We are always going to Bartlett on the weekends and am always looking for people to meet. I've been in AZ 3 years now and haven't met any hardcore water skiers/wakeboarders. I don't have a good picture of the boat but it's a 94 Blue Prostar with wakeboard tower.