sand2snow22
04-04-2010, 06:03 PM
Mag, you OK?

03 35th Anniversary
04-04-2010, 06:07 PM
Atleast it wasn't a MasterCraft!!!

ski_king
04-04-2010, 06:10 PM
I hope thats not your truck and boat. As I remember your boat is yellow and truck is white?

Mag_Red
04-04-2010, 06:11 PM
Mag, you OK?yeah....I was sleeping in the passenger seat when it happened..............woke up when we were heading towards the center guard rail......luckily no injuries to any one.......no other cars involved

Mag_Red
04-04-2010, 06:13 PM
I hope thats not your truck and boat. As I remember your boat is yellow and truck is white?

The prerequisite for Towing 101 is Driving 100.that's my truck.........I was bringing my brother-in-laws boat home from Phoenix..............My Dad was driving.........gust of wind took the boat and when the trailer wheels hit that soft mud....things started happening fast!

ski_king
04-04-2010, 06:15 PM
Sorry Mag, glad everybody is ok.

How bad is the damage to the truck trailer and boat?

Mag_Red
04-04-2010, 06:23 PM
Sorry Mag, glad everybody is ok.

How bad is the damage to the truck trailer and boat?we haven't even gone through the insurance **** yet. Amazingly the truck was totally drivable........tracked great......no vibrations. Had to stop over night at a hotel due to the lack of head lights.......woke up this morning to a flat tire.........Kind of funny actually :)

Diamond Dawg
04-04-2010, 06:27 PM
Sorry to see this. Glad nobody got hurt!

Mag_Red
04-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Sorry to see this. Glad nobody got hurt!yeah me too :D

DemolitionMan
04-04-2010, 07:11 PM
That is horrible glad you are ok.

SkiDog
04-04-2010, 07:48 PM
You get the boat back on the trailer yet? Or did it tear up the trailer too bad?

Mag_Red
04-04-2010, 07:55 PM
You get the boat back on the trailer yet? Or did it tear up the trailer too bad?here's the trailer..........I'd say it was totaled. The axles are totally out of square

JMann
04-04-2010, 08:12 PM
WOW I'm glad no one was hurt. It's scary that all started with a gust of wind and a soft shoulder.

93Prostar190
04-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Holy smokes .... glad everyone is ok. Boats and trailers are replaceble great people are not. Sell the boat on Ebay and arrange for buyer pickup ;)

Tlxstar
04-04-2010, 08:18 PM
Really glad that no one got hurt!! Pretty impressive that the truck is driving without vibration, etc after that. So, how did they get the boat back onto the (obviously, a different) trailer??

scott023
04-04-2010, 10:37 PM
Glad you and your dad are alright Bob...

thatsmrmastercraft
04-04-2010, 11:23 PM
Totally amazing. Glad to hear no one got hurt. Assuming seat belts were in use.

I'm sure it all happened pretty quickly, but curious as to how the boat came off the trailer. Was the boat strapped down?

JohnE
04-05-2010, 08:35 AM
Wow, Mag glad you are ok.

Mag_Red
04-05-2010, 08:51 AM
Really glad that no one got hurt!! Pretty impressive that the truck is driving without vibration, etc after that. So, how did they get the boat back onto the (obviously, a different) trailer??this is how...............actually as there is no running gear protruding from the hull, the boat looks totally OK..........probably a few scratches from sliding onto the flat bed........but other that that.......OK Rear tie downs ripped apart.......front cable did what it was supposed to do. Might be a good thing to check your rigs and make sure you have cables everywhere........you never know when **** will happen;)

Mag_Red
04-05-2010, 08:52 AM
Really glad that no one got hurt!! Pretty impressive that the truck is driving without vibration, etc after that. So, how did they get the boat back onto the (obviously, a different) trailer??built Ford Tuff!:D

get_sum
04-05-2010, 09:50 AM
built Ford Tuff!:D

Yup, but not tough enough to get yourself unstuck!!

all kidding aside, glad to see your okay... Like my dad told me when I totaled his fairly new truck one evening.. "They make trucks everyday in Detroit, but not sons".

I'm sure you'll get the truck fixed back up in no time.

Rockman
04-05-2010, 09:55 AM
Mags,

Glad you guys were not hurt. Wow! Would not have expected opening up this thread this am!!!

atlfootr
04-05-2010, 10:34 AM
Mag,

Glad to hear you and Dad are a O.K.
The truck and boat have just a few scratches on 'em, you should be able to buff 'em out w/ no problem :rolleyes:http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=56793&stc=1&d=1270478005

Thrall
04-05-2010, 12:25 PM
I see where he centerpunched the first guardrail post!:rolleyes:
Glad everyone's ok.
Gues that concludes this episode of Mythbusters "Will transom straps keep your boat on the trailer in an accident."
How's the vinyl on that boat?

Mag_Red
04-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Yup, but not tough enough to get yourself unstuck!!

all kidding aside, glad to see your okay... Like my dad told me when I totaled his fairly new truck one evening.. "They make trucks everyday in Detroit, but not sons".

I'm sure you'll get the truck fixed back up in no time.Actually the tow truck driver drove it right out of there 8p

As far as the boat.........everything looked fine on it! Probably because it was a jet drive and no outdrives or drive shafts to get caught and cause fiberglass damage

Estimate on the truck.................$8,500!!!!!

Sodar
04-05-2010, 01:39 PM
Mag,

Next time try taking a little less, k?

http://thereifixedit.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/129142009757848875.jpg

Mag_Red
04-05-2010, 02:54 PM
Mag,

Next time try taking a little less, k?

http://thereifixedit.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/129142009757848875.jpgI saw that in another post...........now that is some crazy ****! The winds out West were insane!! From Texas through New Mexico we hit 50 MPH crosswinds.......freakin nuts!!!

trickskier
04-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Just caught up with this thread. Sorry to hear about the accident - Glad no one was hurt!!!

Mag_Red
04-05-2010, 06:55 PM
Just caught up with this thread. Sorry to hear about the accident - Glad no one was hurt!!!just heard from the bro-in-law............kind of hinted to me he thinks I should pay his deductible..........***!!! Any opinion here on that???

DemolitionMan
04-05-2010, 07:00 PM
You were doing him a favor right?

JohnE
04-05-2010, 07:50 PM
just heard from the bro-in-law............kind of hinted to me he thinks I should pay his deductible..........***!!! Any opinion here on that???

Did you get paid to haul the boat? If you got the going rate then I guess you should. If you got a cut rate, maybe you can split it? If you did it cause you are a nice guy then no.

ski_king
04-05-2010, 08:11 PM
just heard from the bro-in-law............kind of hinted to me he thinks I should pay his deductible..........***!!! Any opinion here on that???

Lets see......
You were doing him a favor....
You were not driving.....

He is being bold in hinting you should pay it.

On the other hand, your insurance may pay it as it was probobly at least partially covered by your insurance when it was being towed by your truck. Also, how would you feel if he was towing your boat and the same thing happened?

Mag_Red
04-05-2010, 09:27 PM
You where doing him a favor right? He paid me $1200. That about covered the gas, Tolls, lodging and meals. The lowest estimate he got was $2400 to deliver the boat. It surely wasn't my fault as I wasn't driving. It wasn't Dad's fault as best as I can determine as he wasn't cited for "failure to maintain control." It was simply an unfortunate occurrence. I offered to give him his check back as I didn't cash it.........he said "keep it" No one is offering to pay my deductible Any more thoughts????

Mag_Red
04-05-2010, 09:33 PM
Lets see......
You were doing him a favor....
You were not driving.....

He is being bold in hinting you should pay it.

On the other hand, your insurance may pay it as it was probobly at least partially covered by your insurance when it was being towed by your truck. Also, how would you feel if he was towing your boat and the same thing happened? I really don't know how I would feel if the circumstances were reversed. But when ever I bought a boat I always had vehicle to tow it. My brother-in-law has a Porsche Boxster and a Hyundai Sonata........who the hell would buy a boat if you have no way to move it???? I guess you figure you will have to rely on others to haul it around.......... so should you expect others to pay your deductible??

SkiDog
04-05-2010, 09:37 PM
Yes, I think I would in this case. I believe he owes you that much. Just my 2cents

trickskier
04-05-2010, 09:45 PM

Were you doing him a favor by towing it for him?

Mag_Red
04-05-2010, 09:49 PM
Were you doing him a favor by towing it for him? Did you not read post #34???????:D

Mag_Red
04-05-2010, 09:51 PM
Yes, I think I would in this case. I believe he owes you that much. Just my 2cents Are you saying I should pay his deductible or he should offer to pay mine???

trickskier
04-05-2010, 09:53 PM
Did you not read post #34???????:D

No I missed it --- 8p

trickskier
04-05-2010, 09:54 PM
Yes, I think I would in this case. I believe he owes you that much. Just my 2cents

Are you saying I should pay his deductible or he should offer to pay mine???

Dog's not sure who should pay who --- He's been drinking --- :D

DemolitionMan
04-05-2010, 09:54 PM
Dog will pay it for you.;)

SkiDog
04-05-2010, 09:55 PM
Dog's not sure who should pay who --- He's been drinking --- :D

Not one thin dime should have to come outa Mags pocket for this fiasco! Do we understand that?

trickskier
04-05-2010, 10:00 PM
Not one thin dime should have to come outa Mags pocket for this fiasco! Do we understand that?

Why didn't you say that the first time? 8p

Mag_Red
04-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Not one thin dime should have to come outa Mags pocket for this fiasco! Do we understand that?hear ya loud and clear now..........pass that bottle.......I'm the one that needs a drink!!!!!!:D

Rockman
04-05-2010, 10:41 PM
Mags,

Tell him you will pay his deductible if he pays to get your truck fixed...sounds fair to me.:rolleyes:

Kyle
04-06-2010, 04:47 AM
I can certainly understand the whole money issue. If he paid you then just give the money back or never cash the check. Your dad was driving why hasnt he asked your dad the tough question. Your truck is destroyed for doing him a favor and he wants you to tack on another deductable. Kind of extreme in my eyes. I personally would feel so bad if I had my brother inlaw go get my boat and he messed his truck up in an accident over my issues for not having a company deliver it.

It seems to look like he is married to your sister.

In reality I would try to do anything possible and keep the money issue out of my head and do what I felt like would keep the family straight. The last thing you want is everyone getting their panties in a knot over 2k or what ever the small amount is. I totally understand 2k is a lot of money these days but in reality 2k is not worth loosing or having someone force your sister into an uncomfortable situation.

My 2 cents.

Ski-me
04-06-2010, 10:34 AM
At this point, is your insurance picking up the entire accident? Truck, trailer and boat? Even though your father was driving your truck, I would think your insurance on the truck would cover him driving. It's just a shame.....but it was an accident, plain and simple.

Wind can definitely be nasty! I was driving back through Cheyenne a year or two ago with some high cross winds. All of the semi trucks were going about 15 or 20 mph and I saw a couple of their trailers literally lift up on one side with the trailer wheels in the air! Obviously, they didn't have much of a load in the trailer but it is definitley spooky what wind could do to an 18 wheeler! Other trucks were pulled off to the side and on the off-ramps waiting for the wind to settle.

As far as family, keep it loose until you know for sure from insurance companies. Family and money are always VERY difficult. Just keep an open mind for now. Family ties are more important than an insurance deductable. Treat them with respect.

If I hired "uship.com" to haul my boat and there was an accident, I would expect the "uship.com" guy and his insurance to handle it. This loosely seems to be your case as well.

Good luck and I'm glad no one was hurt.

bcampbe7
04-06-2010, 10:51 AM
Just can't catch a break, Bob! Sucks, but I am glad no one was hurt.

Footin
04-27-2010, 07:01 PM
What are the updates Bob?

83SuperSlot
04-27-2010, 10:21 PM
This is a great post. Sorry about the whole situation but I'm also glad everyone is okay. These pics are nuts. It gets pretty windy around here to and I use a Grand Cherokee to haul my boat so this really shows me that on windy days I might want to take it easy....

Willski
04-27-2010, 10:40 PM
Wow. Glad everyone is okay. I would say since it is his boat he should pay the deductible on that, but you may be stuck for your truck. Personally, if someone was hauling my boat for me, then I might pay his deductible too. Since he was paying, then maybe you might be out the deductible.

Monte
04-27-2010, 10:45 PM
Dangit Bob, I just got here a month late. First off, glad everything is OK..

But Wow ya'll sure know how to **** some **** up!

Seriously, if nothing else BNL should pay you for the fees to get it as far as you got it. Then forget about it.

TEAL98
04-28-2010, 02:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU0UUsMi10Q&feature=related

Mag_Red
04-28-2010, 07:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU0UUsMi10Q&feature=related Like I have repeatedly said........I really don't know what happened, but I do wonder if The trailer control system offered on ford trucks would have changed the outcome. I've watched the video on the Ford site where they compare Ford, Chevy, and Dodge heavy duties towing an improperly loaded 10,000 lb trailer........pretty impressive system:cool:

TEAL98
04-29-2010, 10:48 PM
Like I have repeatedly said........I really don't know what happened, but I do wonder if The trailer control system offered on ford trucks would have changed the outcome. I've watched the video on the Ford site where they compare Ford, Chevy, and Dodge heavy duties towing an improperly loaded 10,000 lb trailer........pretty impressive system:cool:

Haven't yet driven one, as I've got my sights set on a newer model Tahoe towards the end of this summer, but the more I keep reading about them (along with hearing things), I'll probably give a few SD trucks a test drive to get a feel for 'em. Can't be biased:cool:

So whatever happened with your brother-in-law, and him trying to get some money off you? Hope you guys worked everything out all right, as one guy said previously, it's not worth tearing a family apart over a couple of bucks. Hopefully, your brother-in-law sees it that way:(