PDA

View Full Version : 2003 X2 -Cushion Backing for Engine Cover - Help!

Kummer
04-01-2010, 11:33 PM
The engine cover cushion/section (on the rear sun pad area) caved in and was resting on the engine itself So to start the summer I am working to knock out my punch list. I decided to tackle the damaged cushion and take it to have it repaired. The shop that did the repairs replaced the factory backing by using marine plywood - long story short it is not working out. I am going to see what I can do about having them make it right but they don't work with the cushion backing material that came from the factory. It was a plastic honeycomb material with a metal covering.

Can someone help me locate a factory style backing predrilled that lines up with the support shocks and hinges. Else any suggestions? I would like to replace it with the original material. Looking for an option to avoid replacing the entire cushion.

Tx!

:mad:

Kummer
04-02-2010, 03:16 PM
Any ideas?

possumlover82
04-03-2010, 05:18 AM
I would talk to your local or closest MC dealer. I would think they would at least be able to steer you in the right direction.

Patsfan
04-03-2010, 11:32 AM
Sorry to hear the news. There are a couple companies that make the honey comb. If the wood lid isn't damaged and the bracket locations are still accurate any upholstery shop should be able to re create the lid.
Check with Lenny at Leading Edge, he may have some of the honey comb:rolleyes in his shop or be able to give a contact for the material.
Good luck.
www.lemarineinteriors.com
:rolleyes:

atlfootr
04-08-2010, 08:47 AM
I would like to replace it with the original material.
Looking for an option to avoid replacing the entire cushion.Tx!:mad:Maybe able to have it done for less than what you think.