PDA

View Full Version : New carb, vacuum port not plugged/capped

hkallestad
04-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Just recieved a refurbished Holley carb from national carburetors, looks like new. The small vacuum port came without a cap, could I run it without the cap, or will that mess up the manifoild vacuum???

thatsmrmastercraft
04-01-2010, 06:26 PM
Just recieved a refurbished Holley carb from national carburetors, looks like new. The small vacuum port came without a cap, could I run it without the cap, or will that mess up the manifoild vacuum???

Put a cap on it. You might not notice it as its not manifold vacuum, but ported vacuum. Still, I would put a cap on it. Stick a piece of electrical tape on it of you need to run it before you get a cap.

hkallestad
04-01-2010, 06:39 PM
Good to know, thanks!

JMann
04-01-2010, 06:43 PM
You can put a small hose on it and screw a bolt into the other end to cap it.

TMCNo1
04-01-2010, 08:48 PM
You can put a small hose on it and screw a bolt into the other end to cap it.

Moroso Speed Parts makes a variety pack of vacuum caps, PN 41090 or you can find them in the nuts/bolt/hardware department at Lowes or Home Depot in the size you need.
Tray of multi colored caps/plugs under the word trick, most any size and the blue top coffee can is full of larger sizes and I also have another coffee can full.

hkallestad
04-04-2010, 09:59 AM
I noticed today that the port was filled/plugged with some kind of rubberish glue, don't need a cap then;-) Hope I never need the port;-) Anyway this is my fist carb with electrical choke, I didn't use the manual choke on the old one. Whats the "normal" position of the choke when the engine is cold? I guess fully closed is to much?

hkallestad
04-04-2010, 10:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YCbkaXuqvE , badabing! Found my answer in this vid.

Cloaked
04-04-2010, 02:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YCbkaXuqvE , badabing! Found my answer in this vid.
Good find. Thank you and have a great summer in Norway.