PDA

View Full Version : New Project Car

Kyle
04-01-2010, 02:06 AM
I have been working on this 1960 Austin Healey 3000 for the last month since we have started to warm up. I have installed brand new not rebuilt shocks this last week that were 1200 for all four shipped to the house. I have also put in a new oil pan gasket and new sway bar bushings and end links. She rides so much better. I plan on cleaning the carpet and wiping down the seats before the weekend. I am not sure you can tell from the pics but it has a brand new red leather seats and new red carpet. It just needs to wiped with leater cleaner and the floormats need to be shaken out.

I still would like to go through the carbs and get some replacement dash lights as the bulbs are burned out.

I would also like to have the wheels chromed.

This is a beat down of a car because most parts are shipped from England. There is a place in Kansas that has new parts as well but my luck sucks and I have to wait forever to get what I need.

Kyle
04-01-2010, 02:08 AM

DemolitionMan
04-01-2010, 02:17 AM
That look's like a fun car.:)

Jim@BAWS
04-01-2010, 08:57 AM
Better change your screen name to "007" or "BOND"

HA HA HA

Jim@BAWS

americanskierJim
04-01-2010, 09:21 AM
That is a nice car Kyle, I am happy to see you diving it. I just got done with the "66"corvair resto it went to the upholstery shop yesterday. I have some pic's but I dont want to hijack your thread.

ski/hunt
04-01-2010, 10:23 AM
Very cool car Kyle. I agree with you, when the rims are done it will look new!

TayMC197
04-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Looks like my old triumph spitfire I had back in high school

Plave
04-01-2010, 02:44 PM
I love the Healey 3000, a beautiful car and I still see a few around the country lanes in the summer, usually outnumbered by the E Types of course.

Make sure you have some nice curves to drive it properly.

Kyle
04-01-2010, 04:03 PM
That is a nice car Kyle, I am happy to see you diving it. I just got done with the "66"corvair resto it went to the upholstery shop yesterday. I have some pic's but I dont want to hijack your thread.

Jim and others PLEASE post pics or your classic car. I am a car guy and love to see some oldies done right. I am also helping a buddy with a 69 camaro SS right now and may have some pics of it comming soon.

americanskierJim
04-12-2010, 10:36 PM
Hi Kyle, Ok I will post some for you. The 55 is mine all the others are resto's.I had to add the Plane I did a restoration with my flying friend's it is old 63 cessna. The truck is a 63 rampside corvair ground up. Mustang redone and freash paint,Lincon redone and complete repainted. The 55 is next to be posted I hope by next summer I will have it done. Hope you enjoy the pic's.

americanskierJim
04-12-2010, 10:44 PM
Here is the 66 corvair "topless" Alot of new sheet metal work ground up resto and fresh paint. And a red 64 hard top corvair repainted.

cdstukey
04-13-2010, 12:04 AM
Jim and others PLEASE post pics or your classic car. I am a car guy and love to see some oldies done right. I am also helping a buddy with a 69 camaro SS right now and may have some pics of it comming soon.

Here's an after photo of mine, although to some it's not quite a classic.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k165/cdstukey/untitled.jpg

and if you've got some time to kill, here's a link to the whole restoration start to finish.

http://www.binderplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87621

M-Funf
04-13-2010, 12:52 AM
Our toy...Barn rescue...

Kyle
04-13-2010, 01:41 AM
Here is the 69 Camaro RS SS. Its a true RS with a lot of SS parts. It is a true 183 big block car with non numbers matching 454 in it. It is super fun and super fast.

Gofast
04-13-2010, 11:42 AM
My friend in high school had a bug eyed sprite, then sold it to get a corvair. He also stripped on the first model honda's the smaler than a prius one and converted it to run on 12 car batteries.

I had the Muscle Car stuff. I owned a 69 RS/SS that looks to be twin of your friends, then sold it for a 69 RS/SS convertiable and did the Power Tour in 99 with that car.

My latest is an import. 87 Mazda RX7 Turbo. New dash, new carpet, new door liners, new sub box in the back, There is more new in this RX7 than when it was new....

My Daughters first car..68 RS, Dyno'd at 450 RWHP. Who said 13:1 isn't streetable? A picture of her car is in the amazing planes thread, parked next to a 47 Waco. She is on her way back from Afghanistan, should see her this week.

Thanks Rob

Kyle
04-13-2010, 04:25 PM
cdstukey

I looked at the complete restoration and it is absolutly amazing...... Very nice and yes its a classic.

Kyle
04-13-2010, 04:30 PM
gofast

I would like to see the pics of the camaro's.

I am starting another Camaro in about 2 months. It is a 67 True RS non numbers matching convertiable.

We have found a buyer for it and we havent started to begin to work on the car. It needs everyting. If we dont get a down payment from him in the next 8 weeks we will build it like we want it and he wont have a choice on the color or what engine goes in it.

xstarplease
04-13-2010, 04:38 PM
Here's a link to the last car I built:

http://pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44050

I sold it when it was around 75% finished. The new owner picked the paint scheme. This is it at around 90% completion.

xstarplease
04-13-2010, 04:40 PM
A couple more pics of the car I did back in 2006. This was a Yenko recreation.

Gofast
04-13-2010, 09:32 PM
I need to go through some old hard drives or scan in my 69 Camaro pics.

I'm interested in anything with a motor......

Rob

blackcreek
04-13-2010, 10:45 PM
Here is my TR-6, I did a frame up resto 15 years ago.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k304/blackcreek123/hpa0047.jpg
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k304/blackcreek123/hpa0055.jpg

Hammer
04-13-2010, 10:57 PM
My most recent project.

RexDog1
04-14-2010, 12:02 AM
Wow very cool Projects!!!! my son and I have been working on a 69 Camaro but it got put aside for the last 7 months while I have been working on my 2nd ProMod car, finished it about 5 weeks ago it is a 62 Notchback VW carbon fiber body on a RLR chassis we will have it in the mid 8ís by the end of the year

Keep us updated on all your Projects
RD

H20BOY
04-14-2010, 11:27 AM
Kyle, great looking car. Would love to meet up an see it in person sometime.

Kyle
04-16-2010, 04:08 AM
I am so FREAKING SICK!!!!!!!!

My buddy Mike (guy who owns the 69 Camaro RS/SS), Roy one of my best friends, and I went to meet a guy who buys classic cars with the Camaro tonight. The man is a dealer who buys a lot of Camaro's and bought the 68 Camaro RS we did last year. He went to test drive her and came back with a spun main bearing or rod bearing. I can only imaginge that he drove the crap out of her, because I drove the car to meet him and it ran fine. We have the Texas Motors Speedway swap meet in 2 weeks and the engine has got to come out and be rebuilt in less than 2 weeks. I am going to have a valve job, the 454 bored over, new pistons, rods, rings, cam, lifters, push rods, and back together she goes. I have this weekend and next to get her fixed because the following weekend is the meet. We have got to get rid of this car to start the next one. This sucks a huge one because this weekend I have plans and the following weekend I am busy as well.

The next test drive will be given to the future buyer or they can leave a $100 deposite only refundable if they purchase the car. We all work and have lives and this guy totally screwed us all.

PWTXstar
04-20-2010, 09:39 AM
Here is a video of a truck that my son and I built. We started in 2003 and for the most part worked only in the "off season" because we spend most of the warmer months on the water. This was a great project for us and my son learned a lot during the build. He turns 16 in June.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3dFFD-l4do

Kyle
04-21-2010, 06:26 AM
That video KICKS A$$

PWTXstar
04-21-2010, 08:49 AM
Thanks Kyle!

cdstukey
04-22-2010, 11:50 PM
The next test drive will be given to the future buyer or they can leave a $100 deposite only refundable if they purchase the car. We all work and have lives and this guy totally screwed us all.

Sorry to hear that Kyle. I am starting to believe the standard motorcycle test drive rules should apply to classic cars and hot rods. You want to test drive it? - no problem, full asking price deposit. You break it you buy it. You bring it back like you found it here's your money. You want to buy it for less, I'll give you back the difference and sign over the paperwork. Hope you got it back together for your show.

Kyle
04-23-2010, 03:12 AM
My wish for the day is for everyone to keep their fingers crossed and hold your toungue just right.

I have the show next weekend not this weekend.

It has been a full week since A HOLE trashed my engine.

I have had the crank turned and have it back. Tomorrow I will be getting all of my new bearings rod and main along with a new oil pump and pick up, lifters, and rings.

Here is the deal...... I cant seem to find a gasket kit and the #7 rod was bad due to a spun bearing. I need a new rod and have found one. It has to be pressed off of the piston and I have a 50/50 chance that the piston will break. If it breaks it will be next week before I can get another piston. I really need the piston to NOT break and be good when it is pressed off and the new rod is pressed on. I also need to find a gasket kit and really fast.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE for once lets have luck on my side. Luck NEVER is around ever and I always get the hardest road possable to go down. I really need a smooth day tomorrow much less a very smooth week next week.

americanskierJim
04-25-2010, 11:15 PM
Another car I took on to help my good friend Johny "B Bad". It is a 1930 Pontiac 3 window coupe Hot Rod. He Put a 350 in it and has done alot of work in it. Here are some pics.