PDA

View Full Version : broken seat bracket, ideas for fixing??

SkiDC
06-20-2005, 10:25 AM
:confused: The seat bracket on my 2000 Maristar 230VRS just broke, the female thread "sleaves" broke right out of the molded plastic base. Has anyone else experienced this and any ideas on fixing it? (I have some of my own but thought I'd try here first).

pilot02
06-20-2005, 11:26 AM
I had a similar probllem on my Tristar. Went to Lowe's and purchased new inserts in the Hardware section cabinets and then added JB Weld to them during installation. That was 3 years ago and problem hasn't returned.

waterlogged882
11-28-2013, 10:04 AM
thanks for the info

JimN
11-28-2013, 10:13 AM
:confused: The seat bracket on my 2000 Maristar 230VRS just broke, the female thread "sleaves" broke right out of the molded plastic base. *****. Has anyone else experienced this and any ideas on fixing it? (I have some of my own but thought I'd try here first).

You should read the terms of service here. You aren't a registered member and your first post is to dump on MC for what you call "yet another poor design by MC" of a part they didn't design or manufacturer in a 13 year old boat? See ya!

I don't remember the last time I saw that one of those SLEEVES came out of the plastic, but it's almost always form using the back of the seat to help someone stand up, from slamming down into the seat and rocking back or from hitting waves really hard and the driver isn't being able to control their body.

Cloaked
11-28-2013, 12:53 PM
You should read the terms of service here. You aren't a registered member and your first post is to dump on MC for what you call "yet another poor design by MC" of a part they didn't design or manufacturer in a 13 year old boat? See ya!

I don't remember the last time I saw that one of those SLEEVES came out of the plastic, but it's almost always form using the back of the seat to help someone stand up, from slamming down into the seat and rocking back or from hitting waves really hard and the driver isn't being able to control their body.You missed the original poster by only eight years.... :D :D I'm sure he or she will get back to you...

JimN
11-28-2013, 01:28 PM
You missed the original poster by only eight years.... :D :D I'm sure he or she will get back to you...

I've been busy.

jchance
12-02-2013, 11:01 AM
Just for those who still are having the problem, stainless steel through bolting works better than trying to replace the inserts.

Cloaked
12-18-2013, 04:20 PM
bump ^