PDA

View Full Version : Dripless Packing Help!

learjet2230
03-25-2010, 09:23 PM
Bought an OJ dripless the other day and was wondering where you all have been tying in for the water supply. The dealer told me that the tie in at the transmission cooler drain plug, but I wanted a second opinion. Seems to me that that would actually try to draw water up through the seal rather than force out. Maybe its just my mechanical brain playing tricks on my perception of reality. Anyway, pics would be great, but words are cherished as well!! Any thoughts and info appreciated...Cheers!!

chico
03-27-2010, 11:47 AM
Tee in at the 1" hose between the thermostat housing and the exhaust manifold,there you are on the cool pressure side of the pump.

prostar205
03-27-2010, 11:11 PM
Any issues with putting one of these on a V-drive (X-30)? Sorry for the thread jack.

JLeuck64
03-28-2010, 12:29 AM
Not the best picture but I think you will get the idea...

I cut the 1 inch hose going to the front of my exhaust manifold and installed the supplied tee. You can just make out the clear tubing that runs down from the tee towards the drip-less shaft seal. (yes, it does get rusty water going through it. But that hasn't seemed to cause any trouble in the past 2 years I have been running it.)