PDA

View Full Version : St Louis, MO

Bongo
06-20-2005, 01:39 AM
Hey folks, a little help here...

I am considering a possible relocation to the St. Louis, MO area. I am looking at an opportunity west of downtown; Clayton / University City area. Are there any waterski quality bodies of water (lakes or the river) within commuting distance?

My strong preference is to purchase a home with access to that body of water. Something so that I can get home in the evening and get some skiing in without too much hasstle. (Wife, two kids -- so trailering won't be fun.)

If you have any advice, please send it my way. Thanks!

Bongo

Zach S
06-22-2005, 08:32 AM
Bongo - I lived in the STL area for a couple of years. Not sure how it is now but George Winter park was decent at one point. No course but there could be smooth water during the week. STL is a fun town, westside can be pretty conjested. Good luck on your search.

ameek
06-23-2005, 11:00 AM
I believe they don't allow boats w/ motors in the George Winter Park Lake anymore. There is Lake St. Louis, but I believe you have to live w/n the community in order to put you boat in their lake or know somebody that lives in there. You have the Illinois River which I have skied on before a couple of years ago, but you have to watch out
for logs. There is also Carlyle Lake and Vandalia Lake both in Illinois, that would be about an 1 hour 15 minute drive for you. This weekend i'm going to Carlyle lake w/ a buddy that has a boat (its an i/o). I don't have a boat yet, hopefully w/n the next 5-8 yrs I can get one, or sooner if this insurance sales position works out for me. But when I do go buy one, I will have to either go w/ the Prostar 197 or 209.

Bongo
06-24-2005, 11:38 PM
Thanks. I talked to a few St. Louis locals this week, though none skiers or boaters. It appears Lake St. Louis is the only option other than the rivers. Or the Illiniois side and a drive beyond my tolerance for a weekday.

Bongo