PDA

View Full Version : Taking apart powerslot trans 1:52:1

americanskierJim
03-19-2010, 09:59 PM
How would I go about taking off the cover with the 4 bolt's?? Not sure it is pressed on or lock's on by turning it? I have the new seal's front and rear and a new coupler nut. Thank's for your help.

Kyle
03-20-2010, 03:36 AM
Nothing in that pic is pressed together. It looks like you took the bell housing off with the tranny. If you take it off of the transmission it is easier to work on and there is not any gaskets between the bell housing and the actual transmission. If you are going to pull the front pump off wich is the four bolts on the piece that goes over the splined shaft, just unbolt them and take it apart. NOTE the pump can run right hand or left hand. PAY CLOSE ATTENTION on how the pump is bolted on before unbolting....If installed wrong your pump will run backwards... There is just a big sealing ring that goes around the pump. If you need pics or a shop manual let me know. I have been through several BW transmissions and have the book on them. Will be happy to answer any questions.

americanskierJim
03-20-2010, 08:06 AM
Thanks Kyle, Ok now that I know it is pressed on I can get my puller and take it off. I did mark it before I took the bolts off so I do know what way it goes back on. With the big seal that is behind the front cover is there another gasket? Thanks again if I have a question I will be sure to ask you.

Kyle
03-20-2010, 02:01 PM
I am not sure what you mean about a puller. I did not need one. There is a square sealing ring that goes aound the front pump.

Click on www.ebasicpower.com and look at the BW transmissions. There is a parts list on every piece to the transmission. It will give you a better idea on what you are looking at behind the front pump.

I am going to get book today.

The front pump has a groove that the BIG square o ring or sealing ring goes in place. I used vasoline to get it in back in.

I consider "Pressed On" something that takes a special tool to get the pump on or off. You do not need a puller. I just hit the edge with a hammer and a punch to spin the pump housing. Once it was free I used a flat head on either side working my way around the pump until it popped off. You will need to replace the pump seal anyway because it is probably brittle, so dont worry about ripping the rubber ring.

Kyle
03-20-2010, 05:32 PM
Jim

looking at the book now the only thing "pressed in" are the race and bearings that are either on output shaft and input shaft. The gears I believe are pressed on. The races are pressed into the case. If u don't have worn our berrings and the gears are not dammaged then there should be nothing that you would need special tools for. There are several snap rings so that would be the only out of the norm tool you would need. I personally would replace all of the clutch plates and friction plates while you have everything torn down along with reverse plates clutch and friction. Reverse is a different size than forward plates.

I bought everything from ebasicpower.com and it was easy to rebuild.

Feel free to pm me and I could find a way to speak with you on the phone.

My shop manual is 78 pages long and need to know exactly what you would need to look at to help you. There are several important pages that have to do with the clutches you will need if you are going that deep into transmission. Also the reduction gear section was very helpful to me as well.

Please let me know

americanskierJim
03-21-2010, 05:47 PM
I got it all done new seals and nut are in and I have to thank you Kyle for your help. You right it wasn't to bad of a job to do. Only thing was I had to go out and get a 1" 3/4 socket to fit the nut. But al in all she is ready to go back in. I also got a phone call from the orginal owner today. He asked how it was comming along on the rebuild. Itold him what I was doing to the trans and he said it was just rebuilt before they put it up and let it set for 19 years in the yard. Everything looked nice and wet with trans oil. So I am just going to put it in and run it and see how it goes for now.

hkallestad
03-22-2010, 04:53 PM
If you took pictures of the process, please post them.

americanskierJim
03-22-2010, 07:22 PM
Hkallestad, I wish I would have sorry I didn't take only the one pic that I have posted.
I have to thank Kyle for his help and the phone call over the weekend. You can PM KYLE and ask him for some help with your's. He know's alot about the powerslot trans and has rebuilt several of them.