PDA

View Full Version : 1235 Prop Info

deployedjosh
03-14-2010, 12:21 AM
For those that are running the Acme 1235 on a 205V/X-2/X-1 hull, I was wondering what your top speed is? I know that this is the best possible prop for this hull with a lot of weight for boarding, but I'd like to be able to still get to footing speeds when the sacs are emptied...not that I'm footing yet :(

I'm not sure if horsepower matters, but please list that info as well.

My 330 horse with the stock prop (14x18 I think) is good for about 45 on top, but is a real slug with about 2000#. With the Acme 381, it dropped down to about 37 or so on top, but did ok with the weight. I'm hoping that the 1235 will get the top end up to the 40's and do even better with the weight.

OBTW, the water's getting warmer! Can't wait for summer!!!

EJ OJPROP
03-15-2010, 06:23 AM
Our 14.75 X 15.5 will provide a little better top end than the 1235 while still giving you good low end while loaded.

bturner2
03-15-2010, 07:30 AM
I'm running the 14.75X15.5 recommended by Eric and found it to be a great all around prop for my 07 X2 with the RTP engine. It has plenty of pull for weighted surf runs yet can still develop the top end speed needed for slalom.

deployedjosh
03-17-2010, 12:24 PM
Would that be the 520 prop? What top speed are we talking about? I'd like to get into the 40's.

brucemac
03-17-2010, 02:15 PM
i've got the OJ 14.75 x 15.5 on my 2003 X-2 with MCX fairly close to sea level.

it is a sweet prop, but i can't seem to stop the sucker from porpoising (is that right? i swear i can never spell that) at around 34-38 by GPS, sacs empty and depending on water conditions. i'm pushing the upper end of my RPMs at WOT too which is fine, but have never hit the limiter. i've never let it roll that long though because it starts wanting to porpoise.

eric offered to do a switch-aroo for another prop last year, but i never took him up on it mainly because it scoots out of the hole and top end has never been that important to me. the porpoising does suck and more weight up front helps a bit, but it just wants to flipper.

i can cruise at about 30-34'ish and it's a nice ride. anything faster and i'd want to look at another prop.

i know the original thread was RE Acme, but do yourself a favor and connect with Eric. the guy will take great care of you. i think you might be dreaming about hitting 40 AND having the poop for 2K+ ballast though. that's like the holy grail for prop manufacturers--many folks would say impossible to have both.