PDA

View Full Version : 1982 seat rebuild

Pax4d
03-12-2010, 07:15 PM
Hey everyone just thought I would share,

I purchased a 1982 Stars and Stripes a few months ago and have been slowly going through it. The vinyl was in decent shape, not great but usable. The wood frames on the other hand where rotted out big time. Good news is that I have been able to rebuild the wood seat frames and reuse the vinyl with pretty good results. Overall I am very pleased with the results. It should get me through the summer without any problems. Next winter I am sure I will splurge for a complete interior overall.

I will try and take a few pictures over the weekend and post them.

This forum has been a huge help to me with this new toy, so thank you all.

1982 Stars and Stripes Deluxe. Bought from original owner with 349 hours on it. Got original Mastercraft binder with invoice and other original paperwork. Great little boat, looking forward to this summer.

Skipper
03-12-2010, 11:04 PM
That's nice. Welcome to the forum. Maybe put up some pictures of your work.

ski_king
03-12-2010, 11:43 PM
I am looking forward to seeing the pictures of your 82.

I also have an 82 S&S Deluxe. I replaced the interior about 10 years ago. I replaced the seat bases and reworked a little of the back seat frame. Everything else was in good shape.

thatsmrmastercraft
03-13-2010, 10:57 AM
Welcome to TT. Sounds like you found quite the boat. Definitely looking forward to seeing pics.

Pax4d
04-01-2010, 03:15 PM
Sorry for the delay in pictures and response, work has been a bit crazy the past couple of weeks. I am going to be working on the boat this weekend, I will take a few pics and post them.

454Prostar190
04-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Welcome! I have an '82 S and S deluxe and love it!

Pax4d
04-04-2010, 10:32 AM
Spent all day yesterday rubbing in a gelgoat restorer and polishing boat. I took about 20 pictures in hopes of sharing them with you all. Unfortunetly I got home and discovered that my camera isn't working properly, only took half a picture and the other half was black. Crazy. Anyway I took one pic with my phone so I am posting it. Sorry it doesn't show the detail or the work I have done, but my picture diary is now gone. :(

Oh well hopefully this pic will give you a basic idea of the boat.

atlfootr
04-08-2010, 08:43 AM
Need anything done, call.