PDA

View Full Version : The boat won't stop running!!!

Mag_Red
06-19-2005, 07:44 PM
That's right..........it won't turn off!!! :rolleyes: Ran fine 1/2 of Saturday then one time I try and turn it off I turn the key and nothing :eek: still running. even pulled the kill switch............still running. Now the guages do turn off, just as they normally would, and when you turn the key back to the run position, all guages cycle back up.

Get back to the dock finally, and find a pin in a gang connector, that is connected to the black box mounted behind the engine, has pulled out of position and wasn't making contact. Fix the pin and everything is fine :woohoo:

So I take the boat back out today, and after 4 hours of running, it starts doing the same damned thing! Get back into the dock, check the connector again, and all is well :confused: Finally had to just pull the connector after I loaded the boat on the trailer to kill the motor. Any ideas?????

Mag_Red
06-19-2005, 11:26 PM
Come on.......someone must have an idea here. :popcorn:

6ballsisall
06-19-2005, 11:31 PM
Come on.......someone must have an idea here. :popcorn:

Mag I got a great idea. Trade me boats straight across. Your's wont stop running and mine won't start running, seems like a good change of pace for you :D :uglyhamme

Kell
06-20-2005, 01:29 AM
Sorry Mag, I have been thinking about this all day and what could cause this issue, and I don't have any suggestions for ya. I'm sure JimN will reply shortly.

Leroy
06-20-2005, 09:44 AM
I would guess water in the switch. But only a guess.

Mag_Red
06-20-2005, 12:18 PM
I would guess water in the switch. But only a guess.Nope..........everything is dry as a bone.

SDmc205
06-20-2005, 03:58 PM
My had a similar problem. My key spun in the ignition and the starter engine would not stop( kill switch pulled, key out and it was still running). I replaced the ignition unit and it works fine now. Only $60.00 for the part from my dealer. Now to take the boat out again.

Mag_Red
06-20-2005, 04:42 PM
I hope it's that simple.......As it's still under warranty..........took it back to the dealer this morning. :steering:

Workin' 4 Toys
06-24-2005, 02:27 PM
I hope it's that simple.......As it's still under warranty..........took it back to the dealer this morning. :steering:
What did you ever figure out with this?

jr323
07-18-2005, 01:31 AM
Don't know if you are still ahving the problem but I had the same problem. Replaced ignition switch, kill switch, power pack and checked all of the wiring. Nothing, still runs. Just replaced the starter solenoid and that did it, turns off every time now.