PDA

View Full Version : 1995 205 Prostar Metal Fuel Lines

Campbell
03-04-2010, 05:31 PM
THe previous owner stripped the nuts on the metal fuel lines. The dealer has nothing in there book because of the age of the boat. Other than customizing new lines does anyone have any ideas on where to locate lines. I specifically need 2 new lines. One coming out of fuel pump and into filter and the other going from other end of filter to throttle body.

Ski-me
03-04-2010, 05:54 PM
I don't know if they are different.....LT1 or standard engine?

Campbell
03-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Its a chev 350, not the Lt1

Campbell
03-09-2010, 05:13 PM
Its a chev 350, not the Lt1

All I can figure would be to find a wrecked one that someone is parting out

JLeuck64
03-09-2010, 07:31 PM
I would reckon any local company (that specializes in hydraulic hose) in your area could help you fabricate a replacement if you brought in the originals. Those guys are used to working with that type of fluid line across multiple applications...

thatsmrmastercraft
03-09-2010, 11:06 PM
Just bend yourself a couple new lines. Measure the old lines and buy new lines of the correct size, borrow the flare tool and tubing bender from the parts store where you got the line, and go to work. Cost you $20 if you don't screw up a line..........$30 if you do.

wakesurfer
08-21-2010, 09:48 AM
do you need a special tool or can you bend by hand? is there a risk of damage without the tool? i bent mine a little by hand to get it into the tbi could it be damaged now? if no leak or weaker?
thanks

jimmer2880
08-21-2010, 12:05 PM
Flag down your local Snap-on or MAC tool truck vendor. Ask them which shop has a good fuel line flaring tool. Then - go to that shop and have them make you a new one. That's what I did. Worth every penny (it was only about 30-50 bucks for mine - I can't remember).

wakesurfer
08-23-2010, 09:07 PM
this website sells flexible uscg approved replacement fuel lines http://store.inboardonline.com/iwwidb.pvx?;multi_item_submit: . I bought one for the fuel pump with return for the return side that was stripped. the connection to the tbi was the right size but the connection at the bottom where the overflow goes into the fuel line at the bottom of the fuel pump, so eventually i'm hoping to get a coupling to make it fit.
P.S. i checked my attached link and it didnt work to the product page, but use the search window and type fuel lines.