PDA

View Full Version : Schlitterbahn

milkmania
06-18-2005, 12:43 AM
you Texas guys got any input about this water park???

http://www.schlitterbahn.com/

almost looks like one of "too good to be true" kinda things:popcorn:

X2M
06-18-2005, 12:55 AM
I don't live in Texas, but I have been there. Had lots of fun. Your kids will LOVE it. Looking to head there on vacation?

milkmania
06-18-2005, 01:01 AM
we're going to catch a Ranger's game in Arlington...

and as they say, when in Texas, do as the Texans!

you think they really say that??? :purplaugh

X2M
06-18-2005, 01:03 AM
as they say, when in Texas, do as the Texans!

you think they really say that??? :purplaugh

ah....no. 8p 8p

Tom023
06-18-2005, 08:36 AM
New Braunfels isn't next door to Arlington but the park would be worth the drive if you have the time. It's divided into three distinct areas, the most unusual is the main part, which is also the oldest, as it's build into the side of a hill that drops down to the river. Rather than being out in the sun, the attractions are among the trees, giving some relief from the sun. The other parts are more modern, one with a wave pool where yo u can boggie board on a standing wave, and the other has an uphill water roller coaster. You'll have a good time.

etduc
06-18-2005, 10:34 AM
It's worth the trip. Don't bother trying to stay on property. You have to book 1 year in advance! Lots of places to stay, next to the interstate. Great german food can be had in New Braunfels. Mondays and Tuesdays are best days to go. Also, in the big wading pool, there's a BAR in the pool.

jayocheskey
06-18-2005, 12:49 PM
If you want to avoid the driving time, Arlington has a decent alternative to Schlitterbahn (don't get me wrong, Hurrican Harbor is not near as good as Schlitterbahn, but it is an option) It's located within 1 mile of Ameriquest Field, where the Rangers play -- side note: I LOVE THE RANGERS -- Six Flags over Texas can also be seen from the Ballpark and is within walking distance. If you and your family like theme parks and roller coasters, this is the place.

Here is the link to Six Flags over Texas. They are running a $29.99 special on internet tickets right now. Normal price is $41.99.
http://www.sixflags.com/parks/overtexas/ParkInfo/index.asp

Hurrican Harbor also has the "Print-n-Go" deal on their website. $22.50 instead of $29.99 at the park.
http://www.sixflags.com/parks/hurricaneharbordallas/

You'll have a blast wherever you go. Texas is full of fun!!! Are you bringing your boat along -- I can give you info on some good spots to ski as well.

SteveO
06-18-2005, 06:19 PM
Schliterbahn is great and the river is worth floating as well. It is south of Austin, so you could bring the boat and stop at Travis or one of the lakes west of travis on the same river chain of lakes. Jay's Six Flags, Rangers and Hurricaine harbor is a closer alternative with many great lakes in and around the DFW area.

BrianM
06-18-2005, 07:53 PM
Great place. I like the older section as the best for the same reasons stated above. Very unique and very fun. Take a day to tube the river as well. There are some fun tube shoots around some small dams that are fun as well.

milkmania
06-18-2005, 08:25 PM
In July last year, we went to Sea World in San Antonio, then south to North Padre Island, then cdame back to Arlington to a Rangers game.... AWESOME comeback game:headbang:

we had a really good time, and I learned something....
I didn't leave anything at North Padre Island that I'll need to go back for!:rant:

http://www.writeonrice.com/rangers.jpg

jayocheskey
06-19-2005, 01:33 AM
My Rangers are working hard this year to win the division. Damn those Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (of California of the United State of America)

I swear, they have the most ridiculous name -- I don't care what the owner is trying to do with it -- it's just plain ridiculous.

SD190EVO
06-19-2005, 07:06 PM
I've been dying to make the trip from Colorado ever since the Travel Channel named it the number-one water park in the country.

Would like to visit TSR and get a few sets in while down there too.

milkmania
06-19-2005, 10:49 PM
I've been dying to make the trip from Colorado ever since the Travel Channel named it the number-one water park in the country.

that's where I'd first heard about it also....looks like a lot of fun:headbang:

mpmartin
06-19-2005, 10:59 PM
Just got back from there. It is a lot of fun and worth the drive. Stay at La Quinta its nice maybe 2 years old. The people at Texas Ski Ranch are awsom they have a day camp for the kids boat lessons cable lake etc. Stop by and take a look. lots of fun.

milkmania
06-19-2005, 11:01 PM
Just got back from there. It is a lot of fun and worth the drive. Stay at La Quinta its nice maybe 2 years old. The people at Texas Ski Ranch are awsom they have a day camp for the kids boat lessons cable lake etc. Stop by and take a look. lots of fun.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

tex
06-20-2005, 08:54 AM
Did you meet Blake and Holley at TSR? Milk-when are you coming to the Metroplex. I'm sure one of us could arrange a set.

Ric
06-28-2005, 05:51 PM
ah....no. 8p 8p
There actually is a song I heard on a waco, tx radio station"When in Texas, do as the texans do."

North Padre? I've been here a long time and only knew of a South Padre, from which you can hear Mexico calling your name....... But don't do it. :noface:

east tx skier
06-28-2005, 06:00 PM
S'bahn is a blast (at least the one in New Braunfels). Wurstfest is fun if it's October. Texas Ski Ranch is nearby, too.

Actually took a wrong turn one time and ended up in North Padre (about 3 hours from S. Padre). Definitely not the same atmosphere. :friday:

Ric
06-28-2005, 06:06 PM
I learn so much on this site.
I've hunted the copano bay, fished matagorda bay, partied at S Padre & Matamoros, and fished all of galveston bay and hunted all it's marshes, fished the gulf and never ever heard of N padre island

tex
06-29-2005, 09:07 AM
Alot of people consider Port A to be North Padre Island.

Milk-when are you making the trip?

east tx skier
06-29-2005, 10:15 AM
I learn so much on this site.
I've hunted the copano bay, fished matagorda bay, partied at S Padre & Matamoros, and fished all of galveston bay and hunted all it's marshes, fished the gulf and never ever heard of N padre island

It exists and it's not Port Aransas. Probably a little south of Port A. From my memory of it, before we turned around and drove another 3 hours, there's nothing there. And I mean, nothing. It was like a state park. No hotels, no bait shops. Nothing.

milkmania
06-29-2005, 11:45 AM
From my memory of it, before we turned around and drove another 3 hours, there's nothing there. And I mean, nothing. It was like a state park. No hotels, no bait shops. Nothing.

that's exactly why I won't be going back!
the best part of our trip was San Antonio, Austin, & Arlington.
If we had not driven to the gulf, we would have had a great trip.

tex
06-29-2005, 11:54 AM
It exists and it's not Port Aransas. Probably a little south of Port A. From my memory of it, before we turned around and drove another 3 hours, there's nothing there. And I mean, nothing. It was like a state park. No hotels, no bait shops. Nothing.
That is what we have always said. We used to live in Port A and would tell people that Port A is Mustang Island. Some people will never learn.

Ric
06-29-2005, 01:08 PM
That is what we have always said. We used to live in Port A and would tell people that Port A is Mustang Island. Some people will never learn.
Pat says he aint ever seen mustang island and that hank was gone before he was born and he's never been one to stay up all night cryin'