PDA

View Full Version : iPhone or Blackberry???

deereman
02-28-2010, 02:06 PM
I'm debating which one to get. I've heard good about both, but I have a few questions that some of you could probably answer. How is the signal and battery life between the two? One big question i had was can you post pictures to TT from either phone? Btw, it's with AT&T. Thanks for any input.

bigmac
02-28-2010, 02:17 PM
The hospital where I work is wired for Verizon, so I have a Blackberry Curve. I got the Curve when it finally became clear that the Storm I had originally was a complete piece of junk. The Curve is usable for email and text messaging, pretty much worthless for web browsing.

I also have an iPod Touch and my wife has an iPhone 3GS. THAT is vastly superior. Hard for me to envision why anyone would take a Blackberry over an iPhone if they have a choice.

Carbon Dreams
02-28-2010, 02:22 PM
Ditto. I've owned nearly all the Blackberry models. The iPhone is superior and makes the Blackberry obsolete unless you have advanced email requirements for business. Battery life is great and you can post pics and vids to facebook, you tube, etc... I can't wait for the next generation of the iphone so I can get that one too. Drink the punch and make the purchase. :D

deereman
02-28-2010, 02:29 PM
Anyone know about posting pics to teamtalk?

hkallestad
02-28-2010, 04:54 PM
I would never choose a blackberry over Iphone, for private use Iphone is way better. I would only use a blackberry if my employer made me use it, blackberry is good when it comes to buisness use, but for private use...Iphone.

Willski
02-28-2010, 05:08 PM
I have a bb for work, but also have an ipod touch. Web browsing/email is much better with the touch, (esentially the same with the iphone I assume).

mdskier
02-28-2010, 05:27 PM
It all depends how you will use it. iPhone is the best device except when it comes to phone calls. The At&T network is weaker than Verizon for sure, but the iPhone is constantly dropping calls no matter how close to a city you are. I use a Blackberry mostly because of corporate email. The iphone was an option from my company, but everyone and I mean everyone I talked to that had the iPhone loved it except for phone calls. I also have an ipod Touch and love it. I will probably buy an iPad, but AT&T network is just no good.

deereman
02-28-2010, 06:55 PM
but has anyone uploaded pictures to TT from either of these phones?

ski/hunt
02-28-2010, 07:02 PM
I have not figured out how to post pictures to TT from my I-phone but I'm not "computer bright" can view and post

brettmess24
02-28-2010, 07:07 PM
I have used the blackberry for work, own an Ipod Touch(same as IPhone) and for personal use I have the new Verizon Motorola Droid. I love my Ipod touch and it is very user friendly and does everything but phone calls..lol. The Droid is very close to the I Phone in apps and in overall use but the network is the big difference....Verizon is just better all around. I am very happy with my Motorola droid and prefer this over any blackberry.

If you have to stay with att you will be better off with the Iphone if you can switch to Verizon get the Motorola Droid.

Service plans will be about the same cost between the two.

Jorski
02-28-2010, 07:52 PM
I just dumped my BB in favour of an iphone,

BB is better for push email...keys are better than the touchscreen. Also has advantages if you are looking to connect to an enterprise server.

Other than those two things the iphone is better in every other way. Better user interface, better internet browsing by a factor of a gazillion to one, better aps available, better phone, just better.

Yellow X9
02-28-2010, 07:57 PM
I would never choose a blackberry over Iphone, for private use Iphone is way better. I would only use a blackberry if my employer made me use it, blackberry is good when it comes to buisness use, but for private use...Iphone.

Have the Exchange Server turned on the I-Phone, links directly to your Business Outlook, works great, use my I-Phone day in an Out for work related E-mails

MC2000190
02-28-2010, 09:15 PM
IPHONE all the way! This should not even be a question!

duckguy
02-28-2010, 09:32 PM
Being that everyone that has chimed in thus far and said everything there is to say and I agree with it all totally. But being that it seems the sole reason you want this phone is to upload pics to TT I will tell you that the iphone will be better than the blackberry. However both will be cumbersome more so due to screen size. My advice would be that perhaps these pics could wait till your on your home computer.

erkoehler
02-28-2010, 10:10 PM
I have the Verizon Droid, awesome phone and excellent web browsing.

Cannot upload photos to team talk.

deereman
03-01-2010, 12:32 AM
Being that everyone that has chimed in thus far and said everything there is to say and I agree with it all totally. But being that it seems the sole reason you want this phone is to upload pics to TT I will tell you that the iphone will be better than the blackberry. However both will be cumbersome more so due to screen size. My advice would be that perhaps these pics could wait till your on your home computer.

i'm not gonna lie, TT has been a consideration all along. :D I'm away from a computer all summer and TT is so extremely helpful and also just looking at the handy features in general.

Carbon Dreams
03-01-2010, 02:23 AM
You can only upload pics to TT using a URL with the iPhone. So not directly.

Kyle
03-01-2010, 05:22 AM
I run my business off of my Iphone and use it for personal use too. I have not tried to upload any pics to any site from phone. I wait to use my PC at home. I am too impatient due to ADHD.

bigmac
03-01-2010, 08:41 AM
Being that everyone that has chimed in thus far and said everything there is to say and I agree with it all totally. But being that it seems the sole reason you want this phone is to upload pics to TT I will tell you that the iphone will be better than the blackberry. However both will be cumbersome more so due to screen size. My advice would be that perhaps these pics could wait till your on your home computer.When they're available, I intend to get an iPad. That should solve the screen size problem. I think that thing will work well as a media device, and will work over both wifi and G3. Nice thing about the G3 is that it's a month-to-month deal, no AT&T contract.

x-10ron
03-01-2010, 08:56 AM
My girlfriend has the blackberry curve, i just got the i-phone for my birthday. Iphone crushes the blackberry, faster, easier to use, better internet speed/connection. She would swear by the blackberry before and now she wants an i-phone.

bigmac
03-01-2010, 10:09 AM
Can't upload attachments from any mobile device that I know of...but uploading via linking or by attaching the URL works fine.

brettmess24
03-01-2010, 10:44 AM
i'm not gonna lie, TT has been a consideration all along. :D I'm away from a computer all summer and TT is so extremely helpful and also just looking at the handy features in general.

Then you really just need good web browsing and both the Iphone and Motorola Droid are equal in this, you just have to zoom in and you will get used to it. I decided on the Droid because of the option of a real keyboard instead of only a touch screen on the Iphone.

bigmac
03-01-2010, 10:59 AM
My BB Curve has a physical keyboard and I prefer the Apple version on the iPhone. I might swap my Curve for a Droid since I can't really do better than that with Verizon, but for apps and for iTunes compatibility, not to mention the much broader choice of accessories, in addition to web browsing, I would much prefer the iPhone if that were an option for me.

Be aware that in the next few months, maybe June of 2010, Apple is likely to roll out a new iPhone version. Not clear what features or cost that phone will have. May have different CPU, may have multi-touch gesturing, may be a little smaller (the mythical "iPhone Lite"). It doesn't appear to likely be a revolutionary upgrade, just evolutionary.

Sodar
03-01-2010, 11:09 AM
I have a FREE, fully paid for Verizon Blackberry Curve from work. I gave it a chance for 1 month and then put it into the drawer and decided to move back to my personal iPhone. All my calls from my work number are now forwarded to my iPhone, as well as my email and exchange contacts. I have heard arguments that the iPhone is not conducive to the business world, but I have yet to run into an issue with it. The only argument I have, is I wish an incoming call could differentiate whether it is being forwarded or not... that way I could tell if it was a personal call or a business call. Nothing worse than answering a business call in the evening or the weekend, when you thought it was personal. :(

As for the everyday stuff, I have had very good luck with the iPhone. I do however use my picasa account to upload pics to here, if I am on the road. It is a bit cumbersome and annoying, as I have over 6,000 photos on my iPhone that are unusable, but it seems like it would be easy enough to enable the ability in the future.

deereman
03-01-2010, 09:49 PM
Well, just picked up the iPhone tonite, and I have to say there's no comparison. Definetly an awesome phone. Fast, easy to use, and tons of cool stuff. I'm sure I chose the right one now. Thanks for all your help and input.

Farmer Ted
03-02-2010, 12:40 AM
I have a BB for work and Iphone for personal use

Iphone beats BB hands down for Apps and web

one purchase I would recommend is an Otterbox Defender, I've seen the ATT sales rep slam his Iphone on the ground and didn't even blank the screen let alone damage the phone

http://www.otterbox.com/iphone-3g-3gs-defender-case

Tomsinamerica
03-02-2010, 10:56 AM
The only argument I have, is I wish an incoming call could differentiate whether it is being forwarded or not... that way I could tell if it was a personal call or a business call. Nothing worse than answering a business call in the evening or the weekend, when you thought it was personal. :(

Sodar, I think but am not 100% that google voice would solve that problem for you. Google voice would sadly give you another number but you can choose time of day routing. So forward your work number to your new google voice number and that would selectively forward depending on the time of day. It also has some other funky features too!

As for Bberry vs iphone, sadly I will have to go against the tide. Yes, RIM did make far too many POS phones recently but I just moved from an old "world edition" on Verizon to the new "bold" on T-mobile and couldn't be happier both with the phone and the network. The old world edition was also pretty awesome although basic - it stood up to 2 years of abuse that I don't think an iphone could handle.

iphones just don't do it for me, I've had too many bad experiences with apple products and my fat fingers don't work on touchscreens too well.