PDA

View Full Version : XMD3 Installation

amesgardner
06-17-2005, 07:02 PM
Anyone install XMD3 w/ Amp in a 2002 or newer 197/190/X-star? Radio came with no installation manual.

rodltg2
06-17-2005, 07:08 PM
what is it you need to know? location , wiring?

amesgardner
06-17-2005, 07:32 PM
well, as i said no installation manual. you know much about the wiring harness?

Ric
06-17-2005, 07:41 PM
Rod, I guess your reply should have been only "yes".
ames can you download it from the clarion website?

amesgardner
06-17-2005, 07:43 PM
cant download install manuals. that areas is for dealers only.

amesgardner
06-17-2005, 07:48 PM
my bad, didnt mean to sound short, kinda new at this....looking for how to figure out which wires on the harness are for what. I believe the red wire with 1A fuse is power, yellow wire with 15A fuse may be for an AMP? Orange wire no fuse maybe an accessory? Black, I hope is ground.

Ric
06-17-2005, 07:58 PM
my bad, didnt mean to sound short, kinda new at this....looking for how to figure out which wires on the harness are for what. I believe the red wire with 1A fuse is power, yellow wire with 15A fuse may be for an AMP? Orange wire no fuse maybe an accessory? Black, I hope is ground.
I wouldn't guess at it, but yellow is most likely batt power or "constant" power, with red being ignition and orange most likely "trigger" or the like
be careful
I wish I had an answer for you

G-man
06-19-2005, 06:14 PM
clairion website has a manual online in the marine section.

mark g
06-19-2005, 06:48 PM
if you didnt get the info you require i got a copy but not on pc only in paper form, i didnt get installation manual, emailed clarion they got me one out in 2 days.
let me know specific requirments and i'll get them over to you.

mark g
06-19-2005, 07:08 PM
ok my fault for not reading whole posts,
yellow wire, is memory back up power lead connect to battery
red wire, is power lead connect to accessory power
blue/white wire, is amplifier turn on wire connect to remote turn on lead on your amp
black wire, is ground / earth
orange / white wire, is illumination wire, connect this to your lighting circuit, (i connected this to my power wire so when radio on light is on)
blue wire is for the auto antenna

speakers are
grey, grey /black: front right
white, white/ black are front left
purple, purple/black are rear right
green, green/black are rear left

any more needed i'll try to help. i've got the user manual if you need it
tried to attach it but no joy if you want it pm me your email address i'll get it over to you

amesgardner
06-20-2005, 05:33 PM
MARK - WOW. THANK YOU. You have great info. If you could email the installation manual over I would be very appreciative. My email is amesgardner@yahoo.com

OhioProstar
06-20-2005, 06:12 PM
Make sure to hook the amp trigger to the Blue and White wire, NOT the solid wire. They look very similar and I ended up with no amp when I would press the CD button until I figured out my issue. I am in Springboro so PM me if you need any more help installing your head unit and amp.

mark g
06-20-2005, 06:13 PM
it should be waiting for you in your email account, hope it helps.

G-man
06-20-2005, 06:13 PM
Clarion manuals
http://clarion.com/usa/support/manuals/index.html

amesgardner
06-21-2005, 11:51 AM
George...think those are user-manuals. looking for install manual. thanks anway.

amesgardner
06-21-2005, 12:57 PM
OhioProstar - thanks for pointing that out. I may have been too quick and picked the wrong one.

mark g
06-21-2005, 03:05 PM
Ames i tried to find a copy when i finally got in touch with clarion they didnt know of an electronic copy of the installation manual.
cant do it tonight but if i can i will try to scan no promises though as it is A3 size, mostly repeated in different languages, got your email if you need to know anything just ask i'll help all i can.

amesgardner
06-21-2005, 04:14 PM
Mark, cool. I work for a French company always liked the A3. :)

mark g
06-21-2005, 06:04 PM
ames attached files for installation instructions had to scan on A4 so clarion 1&2 go together 3&4, 5&6, 7&8, you might have to rotate them a bit or just print out.could only attach 5 files so others in next post

mark g
06-21-2005, 06:07 PM
heres the rest

amesgardner
06-22-2005, 03:45 PM
Mark, super awesome. Thanks a ton. Look forward to some music on the water!

spotenator
09-04-2005, 08:11 PM
Has anyone connected the Clarion SIR-CL1 Sirius tuner to the XMD3? If not, Markg can you give me any insight to the wiring scheme ? Thanks

amesgardner
09-06-2005, 04:15 PM
Has anyone connected the Clarion SIR-CL1 Sirius tuner to the XMD3? If not, Markg can you give me any insight to the wiring scheme ? Thanks
spotenator - is your XMD3 Sirius Ready? I think some were and some were not. I have not yet utlized the "ready" part of the XMD3....I am just using my portable device and FM modulation. Works great.

Ric
09-06-2005, 05:03 PM
Dealer installed mine
He thought that sirius ready meant -have credit card, get satellite radio- in his mistake, he installed the tuner and the antenna for me.
He originally installed the terk marine antenna below deck but it never received properly (I think due to the tower), so he installed the puck type antenna above deck and it's not that obtrusive.
It works great now, but I haven't spent much time learning all the xmd3 features(there are too too many features in my opinion)
Wiring the tuner looks simple as there is a connection for it in back of the xmd3 which apparantly supplies power, ground etc to the unit leaving you to plug in one cord from the receiver to the deck and one cord from the antenna to the receiver and that's it
Here's a pic of the puck

mark g
09-07-2005, 08:29 AM
i'm currently away from home will be back on sunday evening, i've only got the laptop for now and the files for the manual / wiring are back home on the main computer will post on sunday evening.
mark

amesgardner
09-07-2005, 11:09 AM
Dealer installed mine
He thought that sirius ready meant -have credit card, get satellite radio- in his mistake, he installed the tuner and the antenna for me.
He originally installed the terk marine antenna below deck but it never received properly (I think due to the tower), so he installed the puck type antenna above deck and it's not that obtrusive.
It works great now, but I haven't spent much time learning all the xmd3 features(there are too too many features in my opinion)
Wiring the tuner looks simple as there is a connection for it in back of the xmd3 which apparantly supplies power, ground etc to the unit leaving you to plug in one cord from the receiver to the deck and one cord from the antenna to the receiver and that's it
Here's a pic of the puck
RIC - same situation here. I thought the same and installed the XMD3 only to see you need another freakin "box". Do you use a remote (M301RC-RET) to control the Sirius now? If so, how well does it work?

Ric
09-07-2005, 11:20 AM
RIC - same situation here. I thought the same and installed the XMD3 only to see you need another freakin "box". Do you use a remote (M301RC-RET) to control the Sirius now? If so, how well does it work?
I use this remote(dont know the part#) PIC it works well but it is a remote that will not allow you to scroll channels. You can only change from preset station to preset station from the remote. It works well though and it scrolls the title/artist on the remote! I do need to wire the remote differently so that it'll be lit any time the xmd3 is ON. I don't like having to turn on the nav lites to read the remote screen at nite.

mark g
09-12-2005, 04:09 PM
these files are for the wiring diagram for the clarion xmd3 read these with the next files on the next post, can only post five uploads at a time.

mark g
09-12-2005, 04:12 PM
other three files for the wiring diagram for the xmd3, hope they help

mark