PDA

View Full Version : New Toyota Commercials

trickskier
02-26-2010, 08:24 PM
I don't know who their advertising agency is but they should be shot over the new nerdy commercials trying to win back customer confidence!

KnoxX2
02-26-2010, 08:35 PM
It will take years for them to do that!!!!

trickskier
02-26-2010, 08:43 PM
It will take years for them to do that!!!!

There certainly not going to do it with grandma & grandpa promising to buy another Toyota........

I don't believe they'll live long enough to buy another Toyota.................55931

h2oskifreak
02-27-2010, 12:06 AM
Toyota will be fine. I would suggest anybody with cash to invest to watch the stock and pick your buying opportunity. I have 4-5 cars at any given time and I can honestly say the Toyota's over the years cost me the least to run and upkeep. They also do really well with retained value. The worst one I have in my stable as far as cost and depreciation right now is a Mercedes convertable, but I knew that going in. I look far better in the Benz, just don't sit as high in the seat, as the wallet is kinda thin lol. But I do agree the campain is weak.

Sodar
02-27-2010, 01:04 AM
GM nutswingers are awesome!

thatsmrmastercraft
02-27-2010, 09:01 AM
Toyota will be fine. I would suggest anybody with cash to invest to watch the stock and pick your buying opportunity. I have 4-5 cars at any given time and I can honestly say the Toyota's over the years cost me the least to run and upkeep. They also do really well with retained value. The worst one I have in my stable as far as cost and depreciation right now is a Mercedes convertable, but I knew that going in. I look far better in the Benz, just don't sit as high in the seat, as the wallet is kinda thin lol. But I do agree the campain is weak.

There may have been periods that Toyota produced some decent vehicles, but they are in a world of hurt over some simple but major mistakes. Had the opted to have a throttle-overide switch that shut down the accelerator when the brake pedal was depressed they would not be on the verge or the Feds filing a criminal lawsuit.

Toyota isn't the only company to try to bury real problems, but now the phony recalls about the gas pedal being too big or the floor mats being wrong make them look all the worse.

trickskier
02-27-2010, 09:09 AM

I'm not knocking Toyota products - Just their attempt to win back customer confidence with an extremely lame ad campaign.

TMCNo1
02-27-2010, 09:45 AM

I thought that was suppose to be AWESOME!

ski_king
02-27-2010, 09:45 AM
Toyota should have hired the Geico advertising Agency.

WTRSK1R
02-27-2010, 09:47 AM
Toyota isn't the only company to try to bury real problems, but now the phony recalls about the gas pedal being too big or the floor mats being wrong make them look all the worse.

I love my Toyota Avalon. Great ride, great handling, good gas mileage and has been very reliable. However even before any of this stuff started, I noticed that the Tach jumps a couple of hundred RPM's just after taking your foot off the gas in certain situations. Honestly has not created any real unpredictability in control of the car, but there is no way this is a floor mat, or mechanical issue with the gas pedal. There is something not quite right in the drive by wire electronics that thinks it needs more gas at certain times. I would be willing to bet there is a software upgrade coming in the future to fix the real problem.

:twocents:

Oh, an no, I have not quit driving it, and do not have any real fears about continueing to do so. My Ford Explorer is much less predictable when the engine surges at stop lights just to keep running and I drive that too.

Sodar
02-27-2010, 10:23 AM
I'm not knocking Toyota products - Just their attempt to win back customer confidence with an extremely lame ad campaign.

I understand. I really don't see many Toyota owners who are wavering. This whole "issue" has been so over played that I really do believe a fledgling domestic car industry is 95% of the reason why the issue has become so huge.

Beyond that, I have not seen the commercial, but I have always enjoyed the Tundra commercials pulling trailers over enormous see-saws and up spiral ramps while on fire. Perhaps there marketing department has changed in the last few months. :confused:

thatsmrmastercraft
02-27-2010, 11:09 AM
I love my Toyota Avalon. Great ride, great handling, good gas mileage and has been very reliable. However even before any of this stuff started, I noticed that the Tach jumps a couple of hundred RPM's just after taking your foot off the gas in certain situations. Honestly has not created any real unpredictability in control of the car, but there is no way this is a floor mat, or mechanical issue with the gas pedal. There is something not quite right in the drive by wire electronics that thinks it needs more gas at certain times. I would be willing to bet there is a software upgrade coming in the future to fix the real problem.

:twocents:

Oh, an no, I have not quit driving it, and do not have any real fears about continueing to do so. My Ford Explorer is much less predictable when the engine surges at stop lights just to keep running and I drive that too.

That tach change is interesting. As far as not driving the vehicle, I would still be driving it too. And Toyota has already made the commitment to use the brake-overide switch like all the other manufacturers are.

Toyota just didn't get the help from a larger "Breaking News" story to take them off the firing line.