PDA

View Full Version : father's day plans

tex
06-17-2005, 05:45 PM
Who is headed for the lake on Sunday. The wife and squid have not let me in on our plans yet. I will be consuming some serious amounts of Natural Light to remember my dear father.

prostar205
06-17-2005, 06:33 PM
I'm with you on the beer and remember my father. It's been 3 years without him.

I will be driving 3 hours east from Seattle to a place call Lake Chelan and helping my son's god parents finish their vacation home. The wife and kids will be back in Seattle.

No, the boat will be staying in Seattle (at the dealer for unscheduled maintenance) - that is a whole other story. I have a thread about that - its fun reading.

Have fun everyone!!!! Hopefully in your boats.

RackAtak
06-17-2005, 06:38 PM
I start a 1 week vacation at beautiful Trinity Lake in Northern California this Saturday with my wife and 2 kids. There will be 6 families and 4 boats...can't wait it's gonna be a great Father :headbang: 's Day!

Mag_Red
06-17-2005, 06:39 PM
Heading to Lake Cumberland this week-end. My Dad (84) will be there. :banana: Will this be the first year he doesn't get up on skiis????
He's a pretty amazing fellow and hope I can be 1/2 the man he is. :worthy:

jimmer2880
06-17-2005, 08:21 PM
Staying home... no boat for me this weekend - still in the shop. Should be able to pick it up soon though. Besides - my sprained ankle should probably have yet another weekend off. :mad:

BriEOD
06-17-2005, 09:50 PM
Hitting the river and will have a shot of tequilla for the old man. It's been 13 years for me.

milkmania
06-18-2005, 12:44 AM
Heading to Lake Cumberland this week-end. My Dad (84) will be there. :banana: Will this be the first year he doesn't get up on skiis????
He's a pretty amazing fellow and hope I can be 1/2 the man he is. :worthy:

you gotta check this guy out!
http://www.bananageorge.com/

milkmania
06-18-2005, 12:45 AM
never knew my dad

Mag_Red
06-18-2005, 12:48 AM
you gotta check this guy out!
http://www.bananageorge.com/
I have a strange feeling he would love my boat! :headbang:

milkmania
06-18-2005, 12:56 AM
I have a strange feeling he would love my boat! :headbang:

more than likely!
http://www.bananageorge.com/images/mg011.jpg

lakes Rick
06-18-2005, 02:33 AM
I start a 1 week vacation at beautiful Trinity Lake in Northern California this Saturday with my wife and 2 kids. There will be 6 families and 4 boats...can't wait it's gonna be a great Father :headbang: 's Day!

Beautiful place, when they have water......

Hoosier Bob
06-18-2005, 01:26 PM
Should be skiing by 6:30 a.m. and by noon dragging the kids around until their arms fall off. I am good for 4-5 minutes but those darn kids can hang on forever! :eek3: Beer for the later parts of the day around grill time. Leroy we have a spot!!

stevo137
06-18-2005, 02:56 PM
I missed my tee time today. :(
Oh well, going to a party tonight for my father in law and my wife's nephew. He's home for a two week leave from Iraq.
It will be great to see him. He's a gunner in a patrol and see's a lot of action.
Out to the lake tomorrow for the day.
Have a great one all and don't forget some pics for the weekend memories thread! ;)

Jerseydave
06-18-2005, 05:41 PM
I'll be spending fathers day with my wife and 2 kids at the MC Pro Waterski Tour in NY. (Hey, maybe they'll buy me a shirt or something while we're there.)

I'll also be remembering my dad who we lost to cancer 4 years ago.
Wish he was still here so that my son (11), me and dad could ski triple together behind one boat. (I always wanted to do that, just never was able to.)

stevo137
06-19-2005, 02:32 AM
NJ,
He will always be close to your heart even while enjoying the moments with your family.
Happy fathers day and it's great to see you in the forum! ;)

stevo137
06-19-2005, 09:54 AM
Good Morning Brian. I see that you are on.
Happy fathers day!
I'm hoping to get out to the lake before the chaos.
Have a great one!

Leroy
06-19-2005, 12:02 PM
I went out on Morse yesterday, too rough to ski, but wakeboarded until I couldn't move (probably 2 minutes ;) ). Heather 9, two skied up the lake back down, up and down and finally just dropped. Lazy breakfast, church, and then later skiing again. Hope to get out Mon/Tue, there is always glass during the week. Lets get out Bob, would love to ski behind a real ski boat again!

Should be skiing by 6:30 a.m. and by noon dragging the kids around until their arms fall off. I am good for 4-5 minutes but those darn kids can hang on forever! :eek3: Beer for the later parts of the day around grill time. Leroy we have a spot!!

SteveO
06-19-2005, 12:06 PM
I have the joy of being stuck out of town all weekend at a trade show. Urgh!!!

Leroy
06-19-2005, 12:23 PM
Too bad Stevo, hope you don't draw the short straw next year!

milkmania
06-19-2005, 12:35 PM
well I gotta bury the kid's hamster first thing for father's day:(

SteveO
06-19-2005, 12:37 PM
Thanks leroy, this group is notorious for having it this time of the year. You made me go to their site and I dodged the bullet next year. It is in Tampa on the 11th. May have to make that a family trip. 2007 is on fathers day in New Orleans (nothing like the smell of stale beer and urine in June in NO). Just thankful to have a job I enjoy. If this is the worst of it I'll live with it.

bucky
06-19-2005, 03:02 PM
Thanks leroy, this group is notorious for having it this time of the year. You made me go to their site and I dodged the bullet next year. It is in Tampa on the 11th. May have to make that a family trip. 2007 is on fathers day in New Orleans (nothing like the smell of stale beer and urine in June in NO). Just thankful to have a job I enjoy. If this is the worst of it I'll live with it.

I feel for y'all, as I'm at work, too. Would rather be off, but right now I would trade the stale beer and urine for my paper mill. :(

tex
06-20-2005, 10:07 AM
Spent the day looking at houses. Skied Saturday. I did get to put my 5 year old down to sleep on Sunday. He asked me about his name(named after his 2 deceased grandfathers). It was a great time explaining it to him. It made for a good ending to a long weekend!

east tx skier
06-20-2005, 12:39 PM
Father's day marked the successful end to my week at the lake. Skied every day except Thursday. Terrible storm dragged a bunch of debris into the river that day. Good times.