PDA

View Full Version : Teak platform for 2007 X2

duffmangt
02-22-2010, 02:25 PM
Hey guys and gals,

I'm new to the boards and hope this is the right place to post.

I am wanting to either build or buy a new teak platform for my 2007 X2. The fiberglass one we have is scratched up and the pad has fallen off. Can someone post me a link to where I can buy one? Or does anyone have dimensions for me to build one? I have a woodworker who is ready to build if he gets all the measurements.

Any help or advice would be great! Thanks :)

TMCNo1
02-22-2010, 06:16 PM
Hey guys and gals,

I am wanting to either build or buy a new teak platform for my 2007 X2. The fiberglass one we have is scratched up and the pad has fallen off. Can someone post me a link to where I can buy one? Or does anyone have dimensions for me to build one? I have a woodworker who is ready to build if he gets all the measurements.

Contact these people, http://teakworldenterprises.samsbiz.com/

JohnE
02-22-2010, 06:23 PM
I think the folks at teak world in the link above will build it for less than you can buy the material for. Or so close that it isn't worth the effort.

Thrall
02-22-2010, 06:33 PM
Hey guys and gals,

Just build it the exact same dimensions as the 'glass one.
You could even reuse the old brackets, but I bet it's worth something to someone if it's only scratched and needs a pad.
If I was building one, I'd build it like the older platforms with slats, not solid. Having that big solid platform yanking on the mounts on the back of the boat everytime a wave comes up from behind kinda scares me with the new boat. The 06 has already pulled a few screws out of the platform bracket (Epoxied a couple up and re-installed, drilled a new hole for one of them). Seems like alot of unneeded stress on the platform brackets, mount brackets and transom. Was surprised that the mount brackets on my new boat don't look any bigger than the ones on my 96 that had a light little platform with slots to let the water through.
Teakworld may be the way to go unless you have a line on some lumber. Think about the slotted deck. It may not be the "in style" right now but it's got to be considerably less stressful on the boat and brackets.

Jerseydave
02-22-2010, 06:34 PM
If Harold owned a company it should be TeakWorld! :D

I bet you want that teak kitchen, right No1? ;)