PDA

View Full Version : X45 Propeller Size

che75
02-19-2010, 08:06 AM
Hello !

im a owner of a 2007 x45 with a MCX350 engine.
i bought the x45 in florida in dec 2009 all parts are original.

today is the x45 in Germany.

i like more speed for the boot
is it possible to change the propeller? whats the best size for the prop.

i dont need the X45 for Wakeboardung or skiing!!! ONLY Speed !

i tested the x45 in Jacksonville in a little Lake - i thing its to slow!

if anyone hast got an idea . please contact me at: martin@bukoll.de

greets from Munich / Germany

Martin

TMCNo1
02-19-2010, 08:28 AM
Go directly to the man that knows, Eric Johnson @ http://www.ojprops.com/contact_us or contact him by pm, EJ OJPROP, http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/member.php?u=1537
Be prepared to give him any info he may need like, current prop info off the hub, the current altitude you use the boat at, baseline numbers of the speeds and RPM's for the current prop, boat model and year, engine size, transmission ratio, function (skiing, barefooting, surfing, boarding, tubing, etc.), ballast use, fuel load, gear, nominal # of passengers, etc. He will need it to determine the best prop for your application.

ttu
02-19-2010, 09:53 AM
Hello !

im a owner of a 2007 x45 with a MCX350 engine.
i bought the x45 in florida in dec 2009 all parts are original.

today is the x45 in Germany.

i like more speed for the boot
is it possible to change the propeller? whats the best size for the prop.

i tested the x45 in Jacksonville in a little Lake - i thing its to slow!

if anyone hast got an idea . please contact me at: martin@bukoll.de

greets from Munich / Germany

Martin

Martin, first welcome to the board!

now for the bad news, you bought the wrong boat if you are looking for a speed boat. these babies are tractors!:rolleyes:

EJ OJPROP
02-19-2010, 10:02 AM
What is the size of the current propeller? What is the max RPM and MPH that propeller will turn?

jdl xstar
02-19-2010, 11:07 AM
Got to love that buying power of the Euro!

And as was stated earlier, these boats have big engines but they aren't geared for speed, but for power. I would guess that the best case scenario with that engine and that size of a boat, you'll hit 42-43 mph or roughly 68 kph. Any "speedier" prop you get will only get you a couple more mph so i would say it nots even worth the expense of a new prop. :twocents: Good luck and welcome to the board. Show some pics of your boat when you can. :D

Chicago190
02-19-2010, 11:33 AM
Hello !

Martin

You shouldn't have bought an X-45.

che75
02-19-2010, 11:58 AM
thks for much diff. answers.

i only need the boat fuer fun and drive in beergardens with friends or turn around with my family!

ok .. the power is ok with the MCX350 engine. I would like to buy a "fling tube" but noe want to sale me in Florida one of thes tubes :-(

does anyone have a flying tube for sale?

ill send some of pics from my x45 this afternoon (pics taken in Florida in Dec09)

at the moment the boat is in my garage because there is much snow in Bavaria / Germany!

greets
martin

Ole Miss Rebels
02-19-2010, 04:37 PM
sounds like somebody is gonna get hurt :-(

Chicago190
02-19-2010, 05:12 PM
Nothing mixes quite like speed, alcohol, and a kite tube.

Shaun315
02-19-2010, 05:17 PM
Hi Martin, welcome to the forum!

I think you're looking for one of these:

http://modesto.craigslist.org/spo/1600773098.html

Shipping might be expensive... or if you can wait until July, I'll be making a trip to Munich for my brother's wedding.

jdl xstar
02-19-2010, 05:22 PM
thks for much diff. answers.

i only need the boat fuer fun and drive in beergardens with friends or turn around with my family!

ok .. the power is ok with the MCX350 engine. I would like to buy a "fling tube" but noe want to sale me in Florida one of thes tubes :-(

does anyone have a flying tube for sale?

greets
martin

Martin, you sound like a pretty fun guy actually! I'm picturing a half drunk crazy german with broken english zipping around with a kite tube at some lake in Bavaria! :headbang:

che75
02-20-2010, 11:57 AM
@all Repliers !

my english is not the best ....... sorry !

Bavarians beer drinkers with a X45 and Kite Tubes are crazy as all MC drivers ;-)

greets from Munich !

M.

che75
02-20-2010, 11:59 AM
@Shaun315

ok ... if make a trip to Munich let me know when ... better is your trip in September !

i pay a Mass Beer on the Oktoberfest ! ;-)

M.