PDA

View Full Version : Shower Problems

rem_pss308
02-17-2010, 05:29 PM
My hot water hose keeps getting stopped up with what looks like rust. The hose connects to the block.

My heater is connected to the block also on the other side.

I am thinking about connecting the shower to the heater hose.

In my mind this will work.
Im thinking the heater has water flowing thru it all the time. even when not in use. ( fan not on )

the shower is not flowing unless when trying to use it.
Im thinking with the water flowing constatly it will not clog up as easy.

is my therory correct?

has anyone connect there shower to the heater. or anywhere other than the block?

Jesus_Freak
02-18-2010, 01:57 PM
Sounds like you are making a fair assessment on multiple issues. My hot shower line stays clean (connected to the bottom of the block), so I have never had this problem.

Side, but related, note: I have often wondered the best way to back-flush the shower distribution manifold from the shower head. I cannot get any flow to move backwards, so I had assumed it was related to the fact that the shower pump is a "positive displacement" type. Anyone?

rem_pss308
02-21-2010, 10:12 PM
tested shower today after hooking it into the heater hose.
It works great. almost too much hot water. It was great.
the water is still freezing here in north florida. But the sun was out and we wakeboarded.
The shower is a great item now.

Skipper
02-25-2010, 09:52 AM
Sounds like you are making a fair assessment on multiple issues. My hot shower line stays clean (connected to the bottom of the block), so I have never had this problem.

Side, but related, note: I have often wondered the best way to back-flush the shower distribution manifold from the shower head. I cannot get any flow to move backwards, so I had assumed it was related to the fact that the shower pump is a "positive displacement" type. Anyone?

Depends on the coeficient of friction of the heated water molecules in contact with the inner diameter of the hose based on the pressure per square inch at mean sea level when the engine is running at 720 RPM and the barametric pressure is stable with the outside temperature at 70F with a saline content between .00368 and .00371 on a Friday afternoon.

Or you could disconnect the lines at each end of the manifold and spray it out with a garden hose?

Just joshin Wayne :D

Jesus_Freak
02-26-2010, 01:42 PM
Depends on the coeficient of friction of the heated water molecules in contact with the inner diameter of the hose based on the pressure per square inch at mean sea level when the engine is running at 720 RPM and the barametric pressure is stable with the outside temperature at 70F with a saline content between .00368 and .00371 on a Friday afternoon.

Dude, this is hilarious. :D Sounds like a bad Star Trek episode.

Or you could disconnect the lines at each end of the manifold and spray it out with a garden hose?

Yep, but I'm trying to do it without disconnecting anything. Why reach, bend, and mess with hose clamps if there is a better way? :)