PDA

View Full Version : Throttle won't always return to idle

TJW
06-16-2005, 11:44 PM
I've experienced a problem with my MC 205. It's a 1996 with 650hrs and Inmar throttle body fuel injected. The throttle doesn't always return the rpms to neutral when the throttle is pulled backed. (It stayed at 2000rpms once this weekend and I manually pulled it back to idle.) Most times when it happens it goes back to about 850rpms. I have temporarily solved the problem by wrapping the throttle return spring an extra 1/2 turn to give it more tension but it won't last. I thought the problem was a weak spring but after talking to a MC mechanic who talked to Inmar, I no longer think the problem is the spring plus the spring is not serviceable without replacing the whole throttle body. It does have Perfect Pass but after talking to their technical support I don't believe there's a problem with it. If anyone has any experience with a problem like this I would like to hear about it.

Thanks TJW
tjweinmann@yahoo.com

Leroy
06-16-2005, 11:48 PM
Can you replace the spring with a something new? Sounds like you need lube somewhere in the throttle linkage.

east tx skier
06-17-2005, 10:37 AM
Welcome to the board, TJW. I answered your post on the Nicholl's board yesterday. In short, we have different engines, but I experienced the same problem recently. The return spring doesn't have to be on there to get you to idle. It will do the trick, but its true function is a safety feature in case the cable breaks. In my situation, the throttle cable was binding due to it not being level. As a result, the rpms would hang at 1,200 when I'd return to idle. A $30 bracket to level out the cable solved the problem. Good luck.