PDA

View Full Version : Prostar 200 project

jdubwall
02-11-2010, 07:57 PM
Here is my current winter project. It is a 1985 prostar 200 that was in need of some TLC. I will continue to post pictures of my progress as the weeks go on. I hope this helps out you guys as much as your threads have helped me. Hope you enjoy the pics.

Covi
02-11-2010, 08:03 PM
Looks like it will be a great project boat. Good luck and post many many photos of your progress. Have you posted the specs on this particular boat before? 1985? It appears that someone has slapped on the graphics of an 86' vintage.

jdubwall
02-11-2010, 08:04 PM
Here are some pics of the trailer progress. Trailer has been sanded and painted with new winch, tongue, and tongue lift. Fenders have been sanded and still need some more bondo work done to them. Come spring when the garage door can be open they will get a fresh coat of paint.

jdubwall
02-11-2010, 08:05 PM
More pictures to come tomorrow!!

Covi
02-11-2010, 08:07 PM
The trailer is looking good. It also appears that you have scrubbed the snot out of it. Looks much better all ready.

dmminfla
02-11-2010, 08:16 PM
[QUOTE=Covi;659180]Looks like it will be a great project boat. Good luck and post many many photos of your progress. Have you posted the specs on this particular boat before? 1985? It appears that someone has slapped on the graphics of an 86' vintage.[/QUOTEThe

I was thinking the same. But the 83-86 19 skier had the square windsheild. It could be that the 85 200 also used the rainbow. Jim@baws will shure let us know.

thatsmrmastercraft
02-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Really cool project boat.

DooSPX
02-11-2010, 09:14 PM
WOW! thats a great boat! I would love to come across something like that

Jim@BAWS
02-11-2010, 09:18 PM
[QUOTE=Covi;659180]Looks like it will be a great project boat. Good luck and post many many photos of your progress. Have you posted the specs on this particular boat before? 1985? It appears that someone has slapped on the graphics of an 86' vintage.[/QUOTEThe

I was thinking the same. But the 83-86 19 skier had the square windsheild. It could be that the 85 200 also used the rainbow. Jim@baws will shure let us know.

I am SO CONFUSED...don't know what to tell you

I know that 86 OB came with a square windshield.

I need to go to bed now

CONFUSED !!!

Jim@BAWS

Finnsdad
02-11-2010, 10:02 PM
I remember this boat, I was going with a guy to buy it and then you bought it the day before we could go. Looks like a fun project, be sure to post a lot of pics!

jdubwall
02-12-2010, 02:01 AM
I will get some more pic posted tomorrow, from diging into this boat the title when i bought it said it was an 86 but when I got the boat home checked the vin# it ended in 85. The boat used to be blue. I will post some pictures of the nics in it and you can visually see that the boat was blue and was sprayed white. After I ripped the carpet out I noticed that there was repair done to the driver side rail. The boat was used in the Tommy Bartlett show so the only thing i can think of is it was damaged at the show in 85 they had it repaired and sprayed white and put the 86 decals on it to advertise the new 86 look. Thats the only thing I can put together with the boat. Hope you guys like the thread... Like I said i will put more pics up tomorrow.

Miss Rita
02-12-2010, 01:01 PM
If the boat was in the Tommy Bartlett show in '85-'86 I probably saw it in a performance. My kids were toddlers, ages 1 and 3. My my most vivid memory was that both kids fell asleep (it was an evening show) and we had to carry both of them back to the motel. The three year old had a tantrum, screamed bloody murder the whole time. It was the longest three block walk of my life!

EricB
02-12-2010, 01:13 PM
If it's an 85, it should then have stripes running through the hull sides and top deck!

jdubwall
02-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Here are a few pics after I got the seats out! Took the center boards out so I could get at the gas tank. Floor boards are soft and rotten, and the boards that hold the gas tank in were rotten.

Jim@BAWS
02-12-2010, 05:38 PM
a 1250 PSI pressure washer w/ a WIDE WAND will do wonders on the carpet and the bildge

Jim@BAWS

jdubwall
02-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Gas tank is out, fuel line from tank to motor needs to be replaced.... Its in really rough shape.... Should have been done a while ago. But its coming along.

jdubwall
02-12-2010, 05:43 PM
LOL thats what my brother told me.... Take it to the car wash and give it a god pressure wash.... That was the plan but I figured the center boards needed to be replaced with new carpet, and the carpet had oil soaked in it back by the oil overflow pressure tank... So I decided to rip it out and replace with new.

jdubwall
02-12-2010, 05:48 PM
After I got the boards up I noticed a good crack in the center floor (tunnel area).. The floor is solid underneath and on top.. I think/pretty sure its just the gel coat that is cracked... Once it gets warm enough out where i can have the garage open I'm gonna epoxy it with some fiberglass mesh....

jdubwall
02-12-2010, 05:56 PM
Ok, carpet is finally out..... it was a job and a half but I had the mrs. help on this one so we got it done within a few hours. I had to be really careful pulling the carpet out because i wanted to use them as a template for the new carpet. It was in rough shape especially around the seats and stringers where people mainly walked. We used paint scrappers to get the worst of the glue off, well actually I did most of the scrapping, gave the orbital sander to the wife and she sanded the one stringer while i scraped the other... Worked really good.... She's a sport ;) and a barefooter now!!! Gotta love it.

jdubwall
02-12-2010, 05:59 PM
? if you look in the pic above the back portion of the boat tunnel is a yellow/milky/tan color... Almost looks like it was painted at one point, but its too hard to be paint.... Was it epoxied at some point? It was done with a paint brush, don't know if its factory or not.... assuming its not...

jdubwall
02-12-2010, 06:11 PM
Alright, here is what I did with the dash... I noticed some guys on here decided to paint there dashes... I wanted to keep it as original as possible, but couldn't leave the old wood look to it because it was all faded chipping and falling apart.... If anyone knows where I could find parts for the wood look that would be GREAT... because i like the old original look the best... Don't have time now to use real wood and cut a new face plate... Sometime maybe ;) This works for me for now.. I'm really happy with how it turned out.... I basically took the dash apart and used an orbital sander and very carefully sanded the laminate wood look off with 60 grit. Then sanded the gel coat with 400, 800, 1000 grit sand paper and buffed it out...

thatsmrmastercraft
02-12-2010, 06:16 PM
The old woodgrain was just adhesive vinyl, same as the dash on my '77. Any good sign shop can get you a piece of vinyl to put on there.

jdubwall
02-12-2010, 06:29 PM
Here are a few pics of the dash ripped apart too. I was wiring the boat this particular weekend... Got the front lights & back lights rewired, and the bilge pump wired with new switches. There is a pic of the fuse panel, I remember reading on here someone was looking for a pic of it so i made sure to get one when i was working on it... Not much too it... There is a pos + terminal that runs hot where the fuses are and in the bottom right had corner is the neg - grounds for all of the wiring. Run the hot to switch, the ground to the switch and the acc to the switch and your all set.... Hope this helps who ever is looking for it!!!!

jdubwall
02-12-2010, 06:31 PM
I will have to look into that.... thanks.... I ment to say vinyl not laminate...LOL

jdubwall
02-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Ok, so i just got the airguide speedos done this week... i got this idea from another posting and am very happy with the way they turned out.... You all are finally up to date with me on my project..... Any inputs/suggestions you have would be GREAT!!!! Hope you like the pics and the thread....

thatsmrmastercraft
02-12-2010, 06:47 PM
Nice work on the speedometers.

jdubwall
02-12-2010, 06:53 PM
85 it is..... The vin ends in 85.... Here are some more pics of the nicks in the boat..... It was white and blue at some point... the top deck and side hulls indicate blue and also the hull of the boat indicates blue too..... Anyone have anythoughts on this one..... If you look at the pics of the dash you can see two distinct areas of white around the edges..... underneath the very top layer of white is a gray color, its not thick at all... I'm pretty sure it is a primer that was put down before they sprayed the new white gel coat on. Is anyone familiar with spraying gelcoat over previous gel? do they prime it?

jdubwall
02-12-2010, 06:55 PM
one more pic

Miss Rita
02-12-2010, 06:58 PM
It's very hard to spray new gelcoat over old gelcoat and get a smooth finish. Perhaps they painted it with polyurethane paint? I assume that you're going to paint it?

jdubwall
02-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Ya thats what i hear..... Thats why i'm curious about the gray color between the two whites.... I am 100% positive its gelcoat....... Its not polyurethane paint..... This year my plan is to just get the interior done and the essentials patched fixed get the new front end on the motor (my brother is a marine mech. and got a front half off of a 200 merc to attach to my 150. Both the 200 and 150's have a 2.4L big block so it will bolt right on.... Not a bad upgrade for $350.. Got a tuner for the exhaust too... it will be a 225 when we're done)...Side tracked...SRY... But yes i plan to use a top-side polyurethane paint next year.... The gelcoat on there is just odd to me????

jdubwall
02-12-2010, 07:19 PM
The first pic of the side rail there was a nick and i noticed the grey underneath, so i sanded it with 400grit and there is more gray. (Note The top white layer is very thin and the gray is even thinner, its basically equivalent to one coat of paint.) When I sanded through the gray there is a nice white gel underneath.... FYI when i sand the top white layer its chalky, so i know its gel....

atlfootr
02-13-2010, 07:29 PM
Nice find, let me know when your ready for the upholstery :D

ProStar200
02-14-2010, 10:29 AM
Looks great, congrats. As an Outboard fan (I own a 1990 ProStar200 Outboard) especially a Matercraft Outboard Boat, I can't wait to see the progress. Good luck, keep the pictures coming.

TRBenj
02-15-2010, 12:43 PM
I think/pretty sure its just the gel coat that is cracked... Once it gets warm enough out where i can have the garage open I'm gonna epoxy it with some fiberglass mesh....

It doesnt look look like the crack is just in the gel to me. Is that the hull or is that pan set down into it? Either way, the proper repair would involve grinding the gel off in that area and repairing with glass. Glass will not stick as good to the old gel as it will to the glass below it.

jdubwall
02-15-2010, 06:59 PM
Its the bottom/tunnel part of the hull..... There are no cracks underneath the boat i looked thoroughly to make sure. What you mean by (pan set down into it)? I will grind the glass off to get to the base Glass..... Thanks for the useful info.... My other question is the tunnel area of the boat has some spider glass cracks in them some of them are from me walking in the tunnel area while working on the boat.... whats the best way to fix this? Epoxy/Paint/? Anyone have any good thoughts for me? Thanks again

Sledge
02-15-2010, 11:33 PM
After I got the boards up I noticed a good crack in the center floor (tunnel area).. The floor is solid underneath and on top.. I think/pretty sure its just the gel coat that is cracked... Once it gets warm enough out where i can have the garage open I'm gonna epoxy it with some fiberglass mesh....

Unfortunately, it may be worse than you think. I have seen this type of crack in the bilge area and what I found out is not too nice. There is actually wood between the bilge pan and the hull. If water gets between the bilge and the hull it saturates the wood and when it freezes in the winter you get this type of crack. I am told that the bilge pan shows the cracks first as it is not as strong as the hull. The ice forces the bilge pan up and causes the cracking.

You need to get the water out of this cavity before fixing the cracks or they will return again.

I thought that MC stopped using wood in their boats midyear 1983. Can anyone else elaborate on this?

jdubwall
02-16-2010, 01:44 AM
Thanks for the info... I wasn't aware of that, but it makes sense if there is wood under there the top is going to crack first.... It is completely dried out but I'm going to sand down the gelcoat and get to the glass and make sure all is clean and dry before I make the repair... I really appreciate the imput guys..... Keep them coming... Here is the picture i attached before but I indicated where the crack is exactly...

Sledge
02-16-2010, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the info... I wasn't aware of that, but it makes sense if there is wood under there the top is going to crack first.... It is completely dried out but I'm going to sand down the gelcoat and get to the glass and make sure all is clean and dry before I make the repair... I really appreciate the imput guys..... Keep them coming... Here is the picture i attached before but I indicated where the crack is exactly...

Just curious, how do you know that it is dried out? The only way to tell is to cut an access hole/panel in the bilge pan to inspect the wood and the space below. If you just make the cosmetic repair without fixing the underlying issue, you will end up right back where you are now. If you do cut out an access of some sort, you will need to make it watertight when you are done so that the bilge water does not get into the hole.

Another point to ponder........if, in fact, there is water in this space below the bilge pan, how did it get there? You may want to look closely for any possible points of entry. You are far enough into this project that if there are other underlying issues, it would be cost effective to fix them now.

Please keep us posted with notes and pics as you go!

jdubwall
02-17-2010, 01:42 AM
Its dry from what i can tell..... I have the heat on in the garage when i've been working on it... when i would push next to the crack water would come out.... No water is coming out anymore.... I'm not going to fix this till spring when it warms up so it will dry it up... But like you said i'll never know until i get a better look at it.... I'm gonna sand down the gel and get to the fiberglass and see forsure what it looks like... but as long as the wood in there is dry it should be fine to lay glass over the top... I gotta make sure i get it sealed up good.... How the water got in there is ???? The hull is solid underneath i looked it over thoroughly... so it had to originate from the pan area.... We'll see what happens when i dig in a little further... Thanks for the info I really appreciate it.... keep them coming

jdubwall
03-06-2010, 04:41 PM
Has anyone ever replaced the wood flooring between the 2 stringers??? I need some imput on what type of wood to buy for that section of flooring? Any help would be greatly appreciated.... THANKS!!

cdawake
03-07-2010, 10:52 AM
I dont know what kind of wood it might have been originally, but if you use MDF that is heavily coated in CPEX preferably, or a similar epoxy works really well as a floor.

jdubwall
05-07-2010, 04:31 PM
Here are a few pictures of the project up to date..... Sorry its been a while been busy with work and trying to get the boat ready by the end of May...... Hope you like them.....

jdubwall
05-07-2010, 05:04 PM
More pics, got the gas tank installed and new carpet laid down.......

Rockman
05-07-2010, 05:28 PM
Coming along very nicely!

Jim@BAWS
05-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Lookin REALLY Good...If the Dells ever get there heads out of you know where and start using MasterCraft again. That will be a nice boat to bring over there, if that boat could talk I am sure it would have a FEW stories to tell

Jim@BAWS

broncotw
05-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Very Nice carpet job!!! Cannot wait to see the finished product......

thatsmrmastercraft
05-07-2010, 06:13 PM
There sure is a ton of room in there when you put the motor on the outside. Looking great!

woobiedmd
05-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Great idea putting the motor on the outside! That means you have more room for "stuff" inside! The hard work is definitely paying off. The resto looks great!:)

jdubwall
05-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Thanks fellas, its been alot of work but its gonna pay off when i'm going 43mph footing behind it........ LOL Here are a few more pics of the progress...... I made new seat bottoms as you can see in the pics below, I used 3/4" to replace the original 1/2".... Just waiting for the new covers, from CopyCatCovers........ First time using them, I hope they turn out great.... I couldn't complain for the price i got on the Front bench and helm seat $350........

jdubwall
05-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Here are just a few pics i took after i cleaned up the hull/waterline/prop on the boat.... I used a hull cleaner called "slimmy grimmy" it took the bulk of the brown off, but it wasn't strong enough to clean the brown from the waterline and restore the prop.... I used a product called "Zing" to clean the prop and waterline... It worked amazing.... I also used it on the rims of the trailer..... They were completely rusted out and didn't look like there was any way to get them back, but the sing cleaned them right up..... i then used some 3M imperial compound and steel wool to them and they shined up great.....

jdubwall
05-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Quick ? maybe jim knows...... I need a new "Pitot Sender" with the mounting bracket for the tube where it enters the transom..... I restored the speedo's this winter and now i need to make sure i have them both working....... I am assuming the previous owners broke it off when they would enter into the boat and decided to just leave it off..... The holes are sealed shut.... The gal i bought it from asked me why they had to speedo's to begin with...LOL I have found a few online but i can't find any with the bracket where the tube enters the transom.... Also are the holes standard on all Pitot's? Any help would be GREAT!!!!

jdubwall
05-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Quick ? Maybe jim knows this one...... I am in need of a new "Pitot sender" the one on the boat i believe was broken off when the previous owners would climb into the boat..... I need to find a new one so i can get both speedo's working again... Any help or direction would be great...

Jim@BAWS
05-08-2010, 03:02 PM
I know that you took the SPEEDOs out to REFURB them. There is TUBING that runs from your dash to a PEEDO tube that is located inside the stern, Behind the access plate. On the bottom of the Peedo there is also tubing that runs through the stern to the Speedo pickup. It is possible that the speedo pick up is clogged. If you take the tubing off, blow air via a compessor backwards though the speedo pickup. Sometime you will hear it clear out. DO NOT USE COMPRESSED air towards the Speedo head. You will blow the diaphram out in the speedometer.

If you use you own lung capacity on the tubing. You should be able to have the speedo registrar between 5-12 MPH....Hope this helps anything else give me a quick call

Thanks

Jim@BAWS

TMCNo1
05-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Quick ? Maybe jim knows this one...... I am in need of a new "Pitot sender" the one on the boat i believe was broken off when the previous owners would climb into the boat..... I need to find a new one so i can get both speedo's working again... Any help or direction would be great...

Here, http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=769B are to ones most are using as replacements, but the hole are are a little different, so filling one hole and drilling another is required.

jdubwall
05-08-2010, 03:54 PM
Jim, say i need the Pitot that is mounted on the transom.... If you look at the pics i posted there isn't one on the port side.... I think the previous owners broke it off and just sealed up the holes in the transom...... The lines are all there as well as the compressors.... Both speedo's work, i did blow into them and they both move....... Just need a new pitot and want to make sure that i buy one that will line up with the previous holes...... i found a new pitot shield today, but i'm just curious now which pilot i should purchase?? Thanks!!!

Jim@BAWS
05-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Jim, say i need the Pitot that is mounted on the transom.... If you look at the pics i posted there isn't one on the port side.... I think the previous owners broke it off and just sealed up the holes in the transom...... The lines are all there as well as the compressors.... Both speedo's work, i did blow into them and they both move....... Just need a new pitot and want to make sure that i buy one that will line up with the previous holes...... i found a new pitot shield today, but i'm just curious now which pilot i should purchase?? Thanks!!!

The one that is listed above are the NEWEST upgrade that you can get. Get 2 of them! They WILL NOT line up perfect. You will need to redrill one hole. Fill the other w/ a good marine silicone, marine tex or white gelcoat. Use at least one of the holes as your original hole. That pricing is pretty good. Not a fan of not recommending a dealer vs. a supplier, but that seems to be the norm.

Jim@BAWS

tph
05-08-2010, 07:25 PM
I replaced the airguide pitots on my '89 with the skidim pitots and was able to use the existing holes on the transom and elongate the holes on the pitot mounting plate. It seems better to me to minimize the number of holes in the hull.

tph
05-08-2010, 07:33 PM
Also, I just found this pitot. It seems to have several mounting hole patterns.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/STANDARD-BLACK-BOAT-PITOT-SPEEDOMETER-PICKUP-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2eabfbf98dQQitemZ20045 3912973QQptZBoatQ5fPartsQ5fAccessoriesQ5fGear

jdubwall
05-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the help guys..... I will have to get an order placed for them..... TPH thanks for the input i feel the same way i would rather not drill another mounting hole in the hull.... Good to know that i can elongate the holes on the pitot mounting plate.....

What do you guys think about this pitot? They say it will line up with the old Air Guide pitot?
http://www.waterskis.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Pitot_Tube

Kevin 89MC
05-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Wow! Somehow I missed this thread originallly. What a cool boat, great progress, awesome job so far.
Good luck, keep the pics coming!
Kevin

87MCProstar
05-12-2010, 05:11 PM
I think its pretty cool that the gas tank is in the floor where the motor is on an inboard. I've only sitting outboards with the gas tank behind the rear seat. Wonder if that effects planing at all, good or bad. Anyone have any imput on that.

thatsmrmastercraft
05-12-2010, 05:44 PM
The outboard MC's with the tank in the floor jump right onto plane, where the rear fuel tank versions had some bow rise to overcome. Of course, this is dependent on fuel levels.

87MCProstar
05-13-2010, 07:25 AM
That makes sense, and makes more room for storage if the space behind rear bench seat is accessible.

jdubwall
05-18-2010, 01:49 AM
I only had the boat out for a few minutes after i bought it..... Was having some issues with the motor... But when i opened it up from idle the nose never even came out of the water... It was pretty sweet.....

Just to give you guys the heads up i will have pics coming soon, I am about 3/4 the way through ripping the oil injection off the boat, waiting on parts from Iboats that just came today.... Finished and mounted new motor bracket this weekend.... Seats should be here sometime this week or next... Seats are scheduled to be done this week, so i'm crossing my fingers....

thatsmrmastercraft
05-18-2010, 09:10 AM
Why are you ripping out the oil injection?

atlfootr
05-18-2010, 09:14 AM
Look'n great, thanks for post'n the pic's because as you already know ....

jdubwall
05-18-2010, 05:24 PM
LOL nice pic....... Don't worry more pictures to come soon..... I am ripping the oil injection pump out because the late 80's early 90's motors were notorious for having the pumps go out.... When they go its too late..... You end up blowing the motor up..... I would rather just have the assurance of knowing the motor is getting oil especially when i'm going to be running it at 40+ MPH for footin......

atlfootr
05-18-2010, 09:06 PM
I disconnected my oil pump setup all together, to know for sure that my oil's mixed I add it in before the fuel :D

jdubwall
05-19-2010, 01:42 AM
Nice, good to here there are others out there doing the same.... Yep it is best to do it before adding the fuel then you know its mixed well....

ghind
05-19-2010, 09:07 AM
You were asking lots of questions about airguides, see the support page on www.airguide.com.au for more information.

You can't buy airguide pickups any more so another brand which can be modified to fit the holes is the way to go.

jdubwall
05-20-2010, 01:51 AM
Thanks ghind, I appreciate the input... I will look into it further......

jdubwall
06-05-2010, 07:46 PM
Well my seat covers are FINALLY on there way to MN. I have been hounding copycatcovers for the last 3 weeks because they told me the lead time was 3-6 weeks and its been a full 9 weeks going on 10...... They sent me some pics of the seats, and I thought i would post them for all to see!!!! They look GREAT! High quality marine vinyl with foam backing!!! i'm excited to get them in next weekend and go out and get some footing in!!! Hope you like them!!!

broncotw
06-05-2010, 08:10 PM
Very nice..... Cannot wait to see the finished product...

notnowgus
06-05-2010, 09:37 PM
Hey jdubwall, If you don't mind me asking, how much did your new upholstery cost? Did you have any custom work done? It sure does look great! Thanks

Sledge
06-05-2010, 10:42 PM
The boat is looking great jdubwall. Do you have any pics of how you addressed the cracks in the bilge?

jdubwall
06-06-2010, 04:29 PM
Hey jdubwall, If you don't mind me asking, how much did your new upholstery cost? Did you have any custom work done? It sure does look great! Thanks

For the front bench and helm seat it was $350!!! I ended up paying around $375 with shipping... Not a bad price..... No custom work done, i was gonna have them embroider Prostar 200 on the seats but didn't want to pay the extra $75 per seat for it.... i would rather them stay original.....

jdubwall
06-06-2010, 04:38 PM
The boat is looking great jdubwall. Do you have any pics of how you addressed the cracks in the bilge?

Sledge, i haven't done anything to that crack in the bilge.... Still pondering what to do with it..... Like we talked about before if i fiberglass mesh over the top and water continues to seep in there i'm gonna have the same prob.... And it might crack hull side if i reinforce the top side..... I have had the boat out in the sun for a few days and it dried the crack out, so my intentions were to use some marine bondo and cover the crack and bildge pan area with that and see how well it holds up..... When i was working on it friday i noticed some holes drilled further back like a mounting spot for the bilge pump.... I think those holes are where the water got into the wood and saturated it...... Any inputs would be great!!!

jdubwall
07-20-2010, 06:08 PM
Not to happy with copycatcovers covers do not fit like they should...... I have a thread started on them if you wanna look at that..... But here are the pics hope you like them...

holdenh2o
04-15-2012, 12:45 PM
Did this ever get finished? Pics?

SkiDog
04-15-2012, 01:39 PM
More pics, got the gas tank installed and new carpet laid down.......

Looks like you may have turned that one piece of carpet 90 degrees. Doesn't look like the nap is running the same way. But this project is looking great!

bailey78
04-15-2012, 02:32 PM
I sure hope it got finished !!!!!

bailey78
04-15-2012, 09:12 PM
Anybody know the outcome of this boat ????????? or where it is???????

jdubwall
06-19-2012, 02:12 PM
Boat is up for sale Minneapolis craigslist, hate to sell it but the wife says its got to go....

barefoot
06-19-2012, 03:01 PM
I would include this...might help you sell it. (http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/boa/3084291798.html)

I would buy it, but I would be afraid the wife would say I have to go...

jdubwall
06-20-2012, 08:27 AM
Lol I suppose this would help......lol thanks

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/boa/3084291798.html

PineLakeRumble
05-24-2013, 04:29 PM
Greetings folks. Is there any chance that this is the same boat that was featured in this thread?

http://thunderbay.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1985-Mastercraft-ski-boat-W0QQAdIdZ487510697

I don't know how many of these are left (with the same cracked windshield, updated carpet, stripped dash etc.) but there can't be many.

If it's the same boat, anyone know how it managed to get so far north?

Happy investigating!

Bye the way, what you you pay for it as a project boat?