PDA

View Full Version : did something new today

rem_p
06-16-2005, 11:30 PM
well guys i grew up on the lake....always have skied on 2, tubed, knee boarded but i never did get around to sking on 1....tried it a few times but by the time i was 10 or 11 all i ever did was ride the kneeboard...still do and i love it.....anyway i haven't skied in 3 years, and my dad was like come on lets go out and ski....so we left and i jumped in and put the ski's on.....it was at this time that i decided that today i was gonna ski on 1 ski for the first time ever.....so i made a little run on the ski's and i just decided i was gonna kick one off and go too it....well i fell trying to get my foot in the ski.....started again and had the same results....then finally it all came together for me and i was ski on 1 skied all the way back on one.....i dont know but it was just one of those pround moments in my life.....kinda makes me mad that i never really tried to learn how to ski on 1 when i was younger....anyway i just had to share......end of the novel :banana:

Leroy
06-16-2005, 11:38 PM
Congrates Remington and way to push for more! Getting up on 1 is a big deal and once you have done it you can't imagine going back I'm sure.

:toast:

Mag_Red
06-17-2005, 12:08 AM
WTG! :toast: My 16 year old daughter gave it a try last week-end. unfortunately she never made it up or was able to kick a ski off. I hope she doesn't get discouraged and will give it another try. :friday:

LakePirate
06-17-2005, 12:09 AM
:dance: Congrats man. Now you need to start chasin buoys

Leroy
06-17-2005, 12:14 AM
Good luck Mag. I teach the kids on my old man wide ski, it's so easy to get up on, especially dragging a foot.

Hoosier Bob
06-17-2005, 12:53 AM
I'll admit it is a lot easier when young. Now I have already pulled a muscle and am totally out of breath just putting the ski on! Skiing is easy but darn is that ski a B%$#& to get on! 5:30 am, one cigarette, full tank of gas, cup of Joe, slime and I still hate putting that ski on! Why do we do it? Because it is the best way to start your day period! :banana: Good luck Mag. I teach the kids on my old man wide ski, it's so easy to get up on, especially dragging a foot.

jayocheskey
06-17-2005, 12:58 AM
Good job man!!! You can cut all the "when I was young" crap though. Hell, I'm still young AND I'm 3 years older than you. You're just now coming into your prime, it's time to start pushing it on that slalom.

rem_p
06-17-2005, 01:08 AM
Good job man!!! You can cut all the "when I was young" crap though. Hell, I'm still young AND I'm 3 years older than you. You're just now coming into your prime, it's time to start pushing it on that slalom.

yea im still young....but im talkin bout back when i was a little kid..... :toast:

Hoosier Bob
06-17-2005, 01:13 AM
My bad! I did not know old meant 1983!!!! That was the year I graduated from Lafayette High in Williamsburg, VA. In other words you are still very much young. See Stevo137, pulls like a horse and is older that both of you, together (3 years older than myself)! My friends over in Ohio Mrs. Daulton, I believe slalomed and may still be, into her 80's.
PS. See Andy Mapple, Old man. :banana: QUOTE=jayocheskey]Good job man!!! You can cut all the "when I was young" crap though. Hell, I'm still young AND I'm 3 years older than you. You're just now coming into your prime, it's time to start pushing it on that slalom.[/QUOTE]

east tx skier
06-17-2005, 10:32 AM
Way to go! I still remember the hours on the water, the wooden ski, the two handled rope and the patient boat driver it took to get me up on one. Of course, everyone tells you how to get up, but they never tell you what to do once you are. It was a great and terrifying feeling.

BriEOD
06-17-2005, 11:04 AM
My old man threw me into the water with an old ski and told me I wasn't getting back into the boat until I got up. 5-6 tries later, well the rest is history. I rode on some combo skis last weekend showing my daughter how to ski off the boom. I didn't care much for the combo skis. It felt very awkward.

Good job Rem.