PDA

View Full Version : inversion table

ttu
02-10-2010, 11:00 PM
does anyone use one? i fractured my T-2 4 years ago snow skiing. the dr recommended that i get one and i never did.

the last few months i have been having horrible problems with my back and neck. curious if they really do help.

thanks guys and gals if you have any input.

thatsmrmastercraft
02-11-2010, 12:35 AM
I would like to hear people's response to this. I have degenerative disc disease and am constantly looking for some back relief.

flipper
02-11-2010, 03:08 AM
My father in law has one and swears by it. I hung around in it a couple of times, and it really does help. It takes a little while to relax, but once you do, you can feel every thing stretch out, and your back doesn't feel near as stiff. I have a pretty bad back and it helps me

TayMC197
02-11-2010, 04:25 AM
I had one, it feels good while you are on it and shortly after you get off of it. Didn't really help anything like you would think in the longer run.

ttu
02-11-2010, 09:38 AM
thanks for the input so far. hopefully a few more people with chime in on this.

dtc
02-11-2010, 11:04 AM
I own one ... needed it after I herniated L4-L5. I used it frequently for a period of months post-injury, however now it doesn't seem like I'm on it but once a month. Like others have said, it will provide relief while you're on it, and there is a school of thought that says opening up the joints and letting fluid move helps things. However, I'm not sure that "normal" exercise wouldn't allow the same amount of joint movement.

Go with what you like ... btw the Relax The Back stores have the really nice expensive models set up and will let you try them. Go in dressed comfortable and be relaxed. Don't try and squeeze the visit in. Take you time and hang out, literally, for 5-10 min a time or two. Just like working out, it does take time to build up to being upside down for extended periods (1-2 min for a week or so, 5-10 min for another week, 10-15 ... ) in order to truly relax your muscles and your mind while avoiding headaches et cetera.

Lastly, I bought mine at a deep discount on Craigslist. Bought the "top of the line" and am happy. However I recently heard that Costco is now carrying some.

Best wishes ...

90 Maristar
02-12-2010, 08:39 AM
Have to agree with the others. Gave some relief while on it. Surgery and exercise fixed it.

ahhudgins
02-15-2010, 10:28 PM
I took a bad fall barefooting and I think the back of my head touched my shoulder blades. X-rays checked out OK but I had a lot of stiffness and cracking in my neck for months when I turned from side to side. The doctor sent me to a physical therapist and they put my neck in traction for about 30 minutes with some heat and it felt great for several months. I had knee surgery to remove some torn cartilage a few years ago, so I was considering getting a used “Teeter Hangups” off of ebay. Figured I would try a cheap one first. I work out at least 3 times a week but I have a lot of aches and pains from old injuries at my age (48).

ski_king
02-15-2010, 10:34 PM
I have been thinking of getting one. Saw one at Sams yesterday for about $225.00.

TOO-TALL
02-16-2010, 12:12 AM
Have to agree with the others. Gave some relief while on it. Surgery and exercise fixed it.

I didn't have the table but did try the Hang ups.And like everyone said it provided relief for minor back ach.Actully it felt good to hang there and stretch out.

I also tried Vax-D treatment this worked the best for me. Search Vax-D.

Vax-D made my back fell great for about two years till I really F'ed it up and needed sugery.
Now almost a year after surgey I exercise and do stretch's every day and feel really,really good can't wait till the warm weather get's here so I can ski.

My opinion is Inversion table,Hang-ups,Vax-D will only postpone the enevetable(sp) if your back is bad i.e buldging disk,ruptured disk etc,etc,