PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl XLIV... Who will win?

jdl xstar
02-05-2010, 05:22 PM
Will it be the Colts or the Saints??

MC2000190
02-05-2010, 05:36 PM
Manning and da colts

jdl xstar
02-05-2010, 05:46 PM
My money is on the Colts. I can't see Manning losing this game. Will be a great game but the colts should win by more than the experts think. Reggie Bush has been the Saints "X" factor during the playoffs but I think he'll be a non factor in the Super Bowl. He's too busy partying till 3 am with his Kardashian girl.

bbymgr
02-05-2010, 06:12 PM
My money is on the Colts. I can't see Manning losing this game. Will be a great game but the colts should win by more than the experts think. Reggie Bush has been the Saints "X" factor during the playoffs but I think he'll be a non factor in the Super Bowl. He's too busy partying till 3 am with his Kardashian girl.

He gets home at 3:00am.........................I bet the "private party" continues from there.;)

thatsmrmastercraft
02-05-2010, 09:25 PM
I'm a big Peyton fan, but he has had a hard time putting together four full quarters of football. If the Colts only play for three quarters, that last drive to win the game (like so many of their games) will be exciting.

On the other hand, if the Saints play as poorly as they did against the Vikings, well......... Peyton could win throwing the football with his foot.

Skipper
02-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Figure the thugs will burn New Orleans to the ground after the game to celebrate a Saints victory. Saints will probably make it hard for the Colts. Hoping the Colts can pull it off.

tex
02-06-2010, 01:14 AM
Football is still on? I thought the season ended when the Cowboys ran out of time!

TMCNo1
02-06-2010, 08:32 AM
Football is still on? I thought the season ended when the Cowboys ran out of time!

I thought all football in this country was over when Tebow cried!:rolleyes::D

h2oskifreak
02-06-2010, 09:39 AM
Colts shouls win, but rooting for the Saints since they haven't been. prior. Root for the underdog and put you money on the favorite.

JohnnyB
02-06-2010, 12:25 PM
Colts shouls win, but rooting for the Saints since they haven't been. prior. Root for the underdog and put you money on the favorite.

Ditto here....really like Manning and feel the Colts will win, but gotta cheer for the Saints!!!

JohnE
02-06-2010, 02:02 PM
I'm the only one saying that the saints will win by more than 5 at this point.....

bbymgr
02-06-2010, 04:11 PM
I can't loose. I live in Indiana if the Colts win, and I went to Purdue(Drew Brees) if the Saints win.

TX.X-30 fan
02-06-2010, 04:56 PM
Colts.................................. noleans needs to go away until the land is above sea level.

No offence to those in LA living below sea level

loeweb
02-06-2010, 07:18 PM
Don't think the Saints will be able to keep up. There is no doubt they will score, I just don't think they can score enough.

1redTA
02-07-2010, 01:13 AM
I hope the Saints pull it off. I was born in Jefferson Parrish so... But the main reason is for the enviroment and global warming, cause everyone knows if the saints win the superbowl hell will freeze over.

DemolitionMan
02-07-2010, 02:47 AM
Colt's!!!!

thatsmrmastercraft
02-07-2010, 08:32 AM
I'm the only one saying that the saints will win by more than 5 at this point.....

Looks like someone else jumped on your bandwagon. :D

TMCNo1
02-07-2010, 08:43 AM
I read where the City of Noleans is ramping up the police, just in case the Saint's win and the thugs try to do a Hurricane Katrina and destroy the town in celebration.

thatsmrmastercraft
02-07-2010, 08:52 AM
How else would you celebrate your first Superbowl win?

We had a small problem once after the University of Minnesota hockey team won a big game where a car got turned over and burned. My suggestion was to use the water cannons on the fire trucks for crown control. It would be a very effective way to assist the morons in seeing the light. Especially when its 10 degrees outside.

Might not be as effective in the more friendly climate of the Big Easy. But it sure would be fun. You could probably use it as a fundraiser by selling 15 minute segments to man the water cannon.

1redTA
02-07-2010, 10:20 AM
How else would you celebrate your first Superbowl win?

We had a small problem once after the University of Minnesota hockey team won a big game where a car got turned over and burned. My suggestion was to use the water cannons on the fire trucks for crown control. It would be a very effective way to assist the morons in seeing the light. Especially when its 10 degrees outside.

Might not be as effective in the more friendly climate of the Big Easy. But it sure would be fun. You could probably use it as a fundraiser by selling 15 minute segments to man the water cannon.

As a firefighter, using a master stream device to hurl water at thugs is a bad idea. Thugs will shoot at you and you have nothing to hide behind. As far as the police I'm sure they will be looting with the rest of the city. Look at the patrol cars they say NO PD

Skipper
02-07-2010, 11:21 AM
As a firefighter, using a master stream device to hurl water at thugs is a bad idea. Thugs will shoot at you and you have nothing to hide behind. As far as the police I'm sure they will be looting with the rest of the city. Look at the patrol cars they say NO PD

They proved that last time. Total desertion at all levels!

Water failed. Maybe fire will work.

jdl xstar
02-07-2010, 11:33 AM
Anyone ever done the 10 X 10 square bet thing for a football game? I'm making one for a party I'm going to and think it will be a lot of fun and get everyone into the game more. Each person at the party purchases random squares on a 10 X10 grid for a $1 or 2 so that each square is purchased. Then at the end of each quarter, whoever has the the square that cooresponds with the score wins some money.

http://www.sportsbettingacumen.com/office_football_pools.asp

TMCNo1
02-07-2010, 02:19 PM
I really don't care who wins, we're ready and I'll probably sleep thru the whole thing!
Ronni's Wings, former employees of the Anchor Bar and Grill in Buffalo and have been in our area since 1980.

tex
02-07-2010, 03:10 PM
Anyone ever done the 10 X 10 square bet thing for a football game? I'm making one for a party I'm going to and think it will be a lot of fun and get everyone into the game more. Each person at the party purchases random squares on a 10 X10 grid for a $1 or 2 so that each square is purchased. Then at the end of each quarter, whoever has the the square that cooresponds with the score wins some money.

I went to the Colts/Bears(sorry Gene) Super Bowl....as I sat in my free 50 yard line seats getting rained on....I won 2 quarters and almost a 3rd....Nice to take home $500 from the game! I bet that really pissed Gene off!

ProStar200
02-07-2010, 03:16 PM
I have to agree with most that the Colts will win, although it would be great to see New Orleans take it. I think it would be great for the city, especially after what they have gone through over last few years.

1redTA
02-07-2010, 09:57 PM
Mardi Gras has started!

thatsmrmastercraft
02-07-2010, 10:04 PM
And here I thought that Peyton Manning would pull it out in the end. Way to go Saints.

Big Breesy in the Big Easy:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Double D
02-07-2010, 10:51 PM
I guess I was wrong. I voted the Saints would win by less than 5 points. Bummer!!

WHO DAT BABAY!!

TEAL98
02-08-2010, 05:30 AM
What game???:cool:

TomB
02-08-2010, 08:01 AM
I've been waiting 30yrs for this game!! Geaux Saints!

Skipper
02-08-2010, 08:21 AM
The US has officially hit rock bottom! Hussain is president, gays in the military, and the hoo dats have won the superbowl. Things can only get better from here.

JohnE
02-08-2010, 08:38 AM

Tons of those around here. Every bar sells them. From $1 to $10 to $50 to $100 per square. I was in one and if the saints had kicked that extra point instead of going for 2, I'd have won $1000.:mad:

Some pay every score change, some pay just on the end of each quarter.

loeweb
02-08-2010, 09:29 AM
Just like the other 20 or so of us, I guessed wrong. Gotta hand it to the Aint's they played hard for the entire game, won the TO battle, won the TOP battle, and kicked an onside at a playboy pumping backup. If I were to kick an onside at anyone it would have been Baskett.

TEAL98
02-08-2010, 09:32 AM
1 ring in 43 years is... ok, yeah, whoo for the saints:D

jdl xstar
02-08-2010, 10:24 AM
Tons of those around here. Every bar sells them. From $1 to $10 to $50 to $100 per square. I was in one and if the saints had kicked that extra point instead of going for 2, I'd have won $1000.:mad:

Some pay every score change, some pay just on the end of each quarter.

We did $2/square and payed out $50 after each quarter. And i won the 4th Quarter! The hosts won $50 also so that was good sinec they put on a really good party.

So, JohnE, you called it. Saints more than 5. Nice call. :cool:

TayMC197
02-08-2010, 07:15 PM
I should of put money on this poll. I'm happy to see the Saints win after this long in the business. It was also nice to see Brees with his son afterwards... shows good character.

scott023
02-09-2010, 12:18 PM
Brees is easily one of the classiest players in the league. He deservedt his after the last three seasons... that and I'm loving the fact that the Chargers gave up on him in favor of the loser Qb they have now. Good thing we got him...

joniron1
02-09-2010, 09:58 PM
I as a new orleans metro area resident ,who lives above sea level(my land is at +65 elevation . much of our state is same or higher)would like to point out the fact that there was no looting ,car flipping,anything burning,riot policing or anything of the sort.We are champion partiers,you may have heard of a few of our parties mardi gras,jazzfest ,voodoofest,etc,etc We know how to throw down without the stupidity so many other cities have with winning sporting events.We do have alot of murders but most are drug/gang related.If many other cities had the level of devastation Katrina brought ,they would see widespread looting and kaos also. And finally the colts had alot of very close games won in the fourth quarter and only averaged 17 pts per game.theSaints had the no 1 offense for 2 yrs in a row.we dominated the jets,giants and the patriots .I would not have been totally surprised no matter who won ,but it seemed the saints and their fans just wanted it more.

bigmac
02-09-2010, 10:08 PM
I'm gonna guess New Orleans will win....

When's the game?

DemolitionMan
02-09-2010, 10:25 PM
:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

scott023
02-09-2010, 10:38 PM
Bigmac just get out of a coma?

thatsmrmastercraft
02-09-2010, 10:59 PM
Bigmac just get out of a coma?

Probably just came in from chasing the snowblower again.:D

scott023
02-09-2010, 11:12 PM

That 'splains it. :confused::D

ProStar200
02-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Now that is funny, I might have to use that.

thatsmrmastercraft
02-11-2010, 04:37 PM
Now that is funny, I might have to use that.

Be my guest, eh. :D :D