PDA

View Full Version : Farve

Sledge
01-26-2010, 12:19 AM
So, after Brett's painful loss Sunday........................will he be back next year?

Retire...
Un-retire...
Retire...
Un-retire...

I am a Packers fan, don't care for the Vikings, but if it wasn't going to be the Packers going to the Super Bowl, I wanted to see Favre end on a high note.

Aric'sX15
01-26-2010, 12:33 AM
please farve retire!

TMCNo1
01-26-2010, 12:44 AM
Why not go ahead and post a Poll in association with the thread.

h2oskiluvr
01-26-2010, 12:50 AM
As a lifetime Packer fan I have thought a lot about Mr. Favre. I do not think anyone can understand the ego on this guy. His act got old very quickly and I think the Packer's management made the right decision. As long as the Vikings are willing to to completely kiss his *** and give into his every whim (maybe they will bring in Randy Moss for him) he will be back. I sincerely hope he does and believe he will.

Sledge
01-26-2010, 12:59 AM
Why not go ahead and post a Poll in association with the thread.

As per your request No1.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-26-2010, 01:02 AM
As a lifetime Packer fan I have thought a lot about Mr. Favre. I do not think anyone can understand the ego on this guy. His act got old very quickly and I think the Packer's management made the right decision. As long as the Vikings are willing to to completely kiss his *** and give into his every whim (maybe they will bring in Randy Moss for him) he will be back. I sincerely hope he does and believe he will.

Clearly the Packers went the best route with Rodgers. They have been able to go ice fishing the last two weekends without being interrupted with work.

justinglow
01-26-2010, 09:07 AM
Clearly the Packers went the best route with Rodgers. They have been able to go ice fishing the last two weekends without being interrupted with work.

Right on! Favre was great on Sunday and was clearly the better quarterback. He took a pounding but kept getting up.

Skipper
01-26-2010, 09:55 AM
He spanked the Packers during the regular season. Did a good job all year. Just totally screwed up and lost the 2nd most important game of the entire season by throwing the stupid ball instead of just running about 15 yards and taking one more hit for the team. I think he is a good dude. But at the same time, he will probably flip flop until the very end. Hope he doesn't scru himself out of a job with the Vikings.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-26-2010, 10:12 AM
He spanked the Packers during the regular season. Did a good job all year. Just totally screwed up and lost the 2nd most important game of the entire season by throwing the stupid ball instead of just running about 15 yards and taking one more hit for the team. I think he is a good dude. But at the same time, he will probably flip flop until the very end. Hope he doesn't scru himself out of a job with the Vikings.

The wheels were trying to come off for most of the game with all the turnovers. Equally to blame is Tahi for being the 12th man in the huddle moving us out of field goal range. Or the game plan to slow down our offense to slow the game down and control the pace and stadium noise. The result was receivers standing like a statute and being more easily covered while at the same time Favre was getting creamed. Two interceptions isn't an unreasonable number when you are playing against a high caliber team. Botching a simple hand-off is inexcusable. That move alone cost them 7 points at the end of the first half and a huge momentum change.

Had they not turned the ball over so dang many time they could have simply let the statistics tell the story. 474 yards of offense is impressive. Holding Brees to 5 for 10 and 45 yards in the second half says a lot too.

No matter what you do, its is almost impossible to win when you keep giving the ball to the other team.

All that said, at 40 years old he had the best year of his career. He is worn out and banged up, but he will return. He never liked training camp and I'm sure Childress will give him a pass.

The packer fans all talked about the Tractor Watch during the off season. Every week or so the news stations would bring up the will he play or not story and interview him while he was down in Mississippi on his tractor.

scott023
01-26-2010, 10:16 AM
Sledge, how can you call yourself a Packer fan, where Brett was the starting QB for 16 seasons, and not know how to spell his name correctly? :confused::D

shepherd
01-26-2010, 01:57 PM
If the dude comes back next year, he may be divorced. Did you see his wife during the game? Even when they were winning she didn't look too happy. They have so much money, neither will have to work another day in their lives. The only thing that another season would do for her is give her a cripple for a husband in their later years. :cool:

justinglow
01-26-2010, 02:47 PM
I am sure the money he is making now is great, but I think he is one of the few that actually plays for the love of the game.

scott023
01-26-2010, 02:54 PM
I am sure the money he is making now is great, but I think he is one of the few that actually plays for the love of the game.

well stated JGLOW.

shepherd
01-26-2010, 02:59 PM

I agree. I'd play football for the relative pittance they pay me here. It would sure beat sitting at this desk. I guess what I meant is that he probably should retire before he gets permanently damaged. :cool:

#47of100TeamMC
01-26-2010, 03:04 PM
Packer's couldn't get rid of him... I find it hard to believe that the Vikings will have trouble keeping him! At least I can be hopeful! Please come back!

jbfootin
01-26-2010, 03:33 PM
Packer's couldn't get rid of him... I find it hard to believe that the Vikings will have trouble keeping him! At least I can be hopeful! Please come back!

The Packers couldn't get rid of him? We traded him to the Jet. I call that gettin rid of him.

As far as the queens keeping him, good luck. He doesn't need money and does not know what he wants. I think he still has the drive and love of the game, but not sure how many more games he has left in his 40 yr old body.

Fun to watch, but even more fun when he throws it away for a different team!8p

jbfootin
01-26-2010, 03:35 PM
I find it amazing that 82% think he will play next year...I would have thought it would be much lower after seeing him limp off the field Sunday night.

Sledge
01-26-2010, 03:44 PM
Sledge, how can you call yourself a Packer fan, where Brett was the starting QB for 16 seasons, and not know how to spell his name correctly? :confused::D

In my defense, it was late when I posted this. Inexcusable I know. Especially since I always pronounce his name like Ben Stiller in There's Something about Mary. :D

MC2000190
01-26-2010, 03:51 PM
Typical.........have to expect being a true lifetime Favre fan! Live and Die with the gunslinger! Im just glad da vikings get to enjoy that awesome INT!!!!!!

scott023
01-26-2010, 03:54 PM
In my defense, it was late when I posted this. Inexcusable I know. Especially since I always pronounce his name like Ben Stiller in There's Something about Mary. :D

Sure sure.... :D:D:D JK

I find it funny how many diehard football fans don't actually know how to spell his name, no matter how many times you've watched him play.

tex
01-26-2010, 04:19 PM

Brett has the same issues with jersey colors...he throws to the wrong ones!

#47of100TeamMC
01-26-2010, 04:21 PM
The Packers couldn't get rid of him? We traded him to the Jet. I call that gettin rid of him.

As far as the queens keeping him, good luck. He doesn't need money and does not know what he wants. I think he still has the drive and love of the game, but not sure how many more games he has left in his 40 yr old body.

Fun to watch, but even more fun when he throws it away for a different team!8p

The Packer's tried for 3 seasons before getting rid of him. But being the big fan that you are, I'm sure you knew that... just forgot.

"he doesn't need money"... Exactly why he will come back. He plays the game because he loves it. That is what will bring him back.

Based on a career best year statistically, he has many more games in his 40 yr old body... . And made it to the NFC Championship game...How did the packer's do in their NFC title game with a much younger Rodgers?

With 2 min remaining and the game on the line... I will take him 10 out of 10 times

thatsmrmastercraft
01-26-2010, 05:35 PM
If the dude comes back next year, he may be divorced. Did you see his wife during the game? Even when they were winning she didn't look too happy. They have so much money, neither will have to work another day in their lives. The only thing that another season would do for her is give her a cripple for a husband in their later years. :cool:

How do you know she wasn't cringing at the thought he would be too banged up to complete his 2nd year under contract with the vikings. Maybe she already has that 12.5 million spent?

shepherd
01-26-2010, 07:42 PM
How do you know she wasn't cringing at the thought he would be too banged up to complete his 2nd year under contract with the vikings. Maybe she already has that 12.5 million spent?

good point! :D

corey
01-26-2010, 07:53 PM
The INT hurt but the season was great, hopefully he's back next year!!!

h2oskiluvr
01-26-2010, 08:06 PM

Are you kidding? Deanna is one of the reason he came back and will continue to come back. She has grown to really like the attention is the polite way of saying it.

I appreciate what he did as a Packer and someday I intend to cheer for him when he enters the Hall (NFL and Packer) but right now he is a Viking. His 'act' every season grew so tiresome it is hard to like him right now. "Head case, prima donna" is the general consensus with the GB fans I roll with.

JimN
01-26-2010, 08:29 PM

Then, he'd be complete. He's already an emotional cripple, might as well go all the way.

Diamond Dawg
01-26-2010, 08:32 PM
I really like Farve, and I hope he comes back next year! Did anybody see what happened to Tebow at the Senior bowl? Fumbled his FIRST snap!

JimN
01-26-2010, 08:33 PM
The Packer's tried for 3 seasons before getting rid of him. But being the big fan that you are, I'm sure you knew that... just forgot.

"he doesn't need money"... Exactly why he will come back. He plays the game because he loves it. That is what will bring him back.

Based on a career best year statistically, he has many more games in his 40 yr old body... . And made it to the NFC Championship game...How did the packer's do in their NFC title game with a much younger Rodgers?

With 2 min remaining and the game on the line... I will take him 10 out of 10 times

Favre's playoff record isn't particularly amazing and you're comparing a veteran QB with 16 years of experience with someone who didn't even get a chance to play in his first three seasons. The only reason Favre and the Packers won his first playoff games is because of the rest of the team and clearly, the current team is not what they were back then.

JimN
01-26-2010, 08:34 PM
Are you kidding? Deanna is one of the reason he came back and will continue to come back. She has grown to really like the attention is the polite way of saying it.

I appreciate what he did as a Packer and someday I intend to cheer for him when he enters the Hall (NFL and Packer) but right now he is a Viking. His 'act' every season grew so tiresome it is hard to like him right now. "Head case, prima donna" is the general consensus with the GB fans I roll with.

You mean she's an attention whore?

SkiDog
01-26-2010, 08:35 PM
Why is there no UMP option in this poll!?:mad:

Monte
01-26-2010, 09:09 PM
Why is there no UMP option in this poll!?:mad:

Seems UMP has retired:rolleyes: And stuck with it.:rolleyes:. Shame really:(

brucemac
01-26-2010, 09:27 PM
tough game. i was disappointed to see the vikings lose. regardless of his flip flopping, he's a legend and fun to watch. go indi!

h2oskiluvr
01-27-2010, 12:15 AM
You mean she's an attention whore?

That would be the not so polite way to describe her. :)

JimN
01-27-2010, 12:25 AM
That would be the not so polite way to describe her. :)

I can think of worse things to call her.

shepherd
01-27-2010, 12:45 PM

I'm not a Packers or Vikings fan and never kept up with the gossip. I was just remarking on what I saw during the game.

It looks like most people, unlike me, think Favre should return: http://views.washingtonpost.com/world-wide-wilbon/wilbon/2010/01/for_better_and_worse_favre_should_return.html

Datdude
01-28-2010, 09:55 AM

And in the last two NFC championship games he played.....he is 0-2 because of stupid interceptions at the end. Good choice!:D

Forrest-X45
01-28-2010, 05:07 PM
I can think of worse things to call her.

Brett is just as much if not more of an attention whore. He loves all the publicity, he has to feed that gigantic ego of his.

JimN
01-28-2010, 05:24 PM
Brett is just as much if not more of an attention whore. He loves all the publicity, he has to feed that gigantic ego of his.

I thought his name was 'Brent'. Hmmm.

Nobody in professional sports wants to be "just like us". They all want to be thought of as 'special'.

Oh, they're special, all right.

Forrest-X45
01-28-2010, 06:54 PM
Oh - they are "Special" alright. Some just think they are more special then the others and deserve all the attention. :cool:

Last time I looked it was Brett, not Brent. Not sure if you were joking or not. :)

JimN
01-28-2010, 09:26 PM
Oh - they are "Special" alright. Some just think they are more special then the others and deserve all the attention. :cool:

Last time I looked it was Brett, not Brent. Not sure if you were joking or not. :)

Being a life-long Packer fan, yeah, let's say I'm joking. The whole soap opera was so enjoyable I just hope we can find another QB who's a prima donna, like Brett/Brent.

Don't get me wrong- when he wasn't fumbling, eating Vicodin like it was food and throwing interceptions because he just couldn't bring himself to throw it away instead of losing the game in one play, he was great.

Someone asked Holmgren if Favre has ulcers and Mike's reply was "No, but he is a carrier".

Skipper
01-29-2010, 10:00 AM
Yeah, Farve should have run the ball and picked up a few yards. I admit that I shot my television when that happened. It was an old television anyway. But Farve still had a pretty good season. I think he is one of the better quarter backs in the NFL. If he comes back, will the Vikings have another strong season? Who knows? I think he should come back. Packer fans used to LOVE Farve. Sucks to be rich and famous.

jbfootin
01-29-2010, 12:24 PM

The Packers tried fot 3 seasons before to get rid of him? do you mean kissing his arse to come back is trying to get rid of him? I think the front office finally got sick of it and knew we had a heck of a back up in Rodgers and moved on when he tried to unretire the first time.

As far as how the Packers did, vs. how Rodgers did, in the on playoff game (we weren't in the Championship game). rodgers had one bone head play but other than that was better than farve! The Packers lost, not because of Rodgers. The Vikings loss my not be 100% on Farve....but he had alot to do with it.

Datdude
01-30-2010, 12:43 AM
If Brent comes back next year, there is not a chance that he plays like he did this year. Look at how few INT's he had......he was playing out of his mind and eventually the clock ran out on his fairytale season. I am guessing that he is done:rolleyes::D:cool:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PUAgITZfq0