PDA

View Full Version : Cheech and Chong

Skipper
01-22-2010, 08:33 AM
So these two bozos launched a tour across the US to get marijuana legalized. During an interview on Fox News Cheech said "We don't want to legalize it for republicans, just for people who want to smoke it." Aren't these jokers from Canada? I bet Hussain is secretly funding their campaign.

This whole publicity stunt just sheds light on the reason the Dems are so out of touch with reality. They are all stoned on weed! Well, except the Kennedy's, they prefer to booze it up.

TMCNo1
01-22-2010, 08:47 AM
So these two bozos launched a tour across the US to get marijuana legalized. During an interview on Fox News Cheech said "We don't want to legalize it for republicans, just for people who want to smoke it." Aren't these jokers from Canada? I bet Hussain is secretly funding their campaign.

This whole publicity stunt just sheds light on the reason the Dems are so out of touch with reality. They are all stoned on weed! Well, except the Kennedy's, they prefer to booze it up.
Someone has to do it, Coz is still doing Medical Marijujuwanna tests for the ATF!:rolleyes::D

coz
01-22-2010, 08:56 AM
Someone has to do it, Coz is still doing Medical Marijujuwanna tests for the ATF!:rolleyes::D

Don't forget my Moses research....It's going very well and we're sending out signals to alert anyone that want to join us :D

http://www.nyrealestatelawblog.com/Smoke.jpg

Cheech is from L.A. and hid Dad was a LAPD officer.

shepherd
01-22-2010, 09:50 AM
Cheech and Chong. Up in Smoke is one of the funniest movies ever. 8p

h2oskifreak
01-22-2010, 09:40 PM
Legalize it, tax the crap out of it, pay off the national debt and be done with it.

JimN
01-22-2010, 09:54 PM
Legalize it, tax the crap out of it, pay off the national debt and be done with it.

So, if the price stays high for any drugs that are legalized, why would addicts not continue to steal and commit other crimes in order to get their drugs? People steal legal items all the time. Wasted people aren't usually productive people, regardless of what users say and the vast majority of people are hardly at their best when under the influence of most drugs. As an anti-emetic or for glaucoma, I think it should be legal for those patients who need it but for the general population, I don't think this will solve the problem. It may help the deficit, but it's still not the optimum solution, IMO.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-23-2010, 02:57 AM

What do Coz, Medical Marijujuwanna and automatic transmission fluid have in common? :D

Covi
01-23-2010, 07:28 AM
I frequenty would ski with Cheech Marins daughter while living in Park City.

coz
01-23-2010, 07:35 AM
What do Coz, Medical Marijujuwanna and automatic transmission fluid have in common? :D

I give up :confused: :D

TMCNo1
01-23-2010, 08:33 AM

All three can be shifty, but if absolutely necessary all three can be found on a teak platform!:rolleyes:

TMCNo1
01-23-2010, 08:34 AM
I frequenty would ski with Cheech Marins daughter while living in Park City.

Was she stoned?:rolleyes:

Covi
01-23-2010, 11:03 AM
Only 1/2 the time.....

shepherd
01-23-2010, 01:05 PM
So, if the price stays high for any drugs that are legalized, why would addicts not continue to steal and commit other crimes in order to get their drugs? People steal legal items all the time. Wasted people aren't usually productive people, regardless of what users say and the vast majority of people are hardly at their best when under the influence of most drugs. As an anti-emetic or for glaucoma, I think it should be legal for those patients who need it but for the general population, I don't think this will solve the problem. It may help the deficit, but it's still not the optimum solution, IMO.

Is marijuana any worse than alcohol? It's probably no more addictive and I doubt stoned people are any less productive than drunks. The "problem" won't go away whether it's legal or not. At least if it's legalized it can be regulated and taxed, just like alcohol and tobacco.

JimN
01-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Is marijuana any worse than alcohol? It's probably no more addictive and I doubt stoned people are any less productive than drunks. The "problem" won't go away whether it's legal or not. At least if it's legalized it can be regulated and taxed, just like alcohol and tobacco.

So, it's still a behavioral issue. People all over the world have come up with ways to get blasted for thousands of years and these substances are used, made and new ones developed because they feel good. How many people have drunk or drugged their way our out of jobs, marriages, careers and all of their possessions? Making these legal won't cure the problems and just because it's regulated and taxed doesn't make it better unless you're just looking for more government involvement in daily life and for that government to scrounge more money to spend on their pet projects. Prohibition didn't do what was intended and taxing it only brings in money to the government, like all other added sources of revenue. People need to look at themselves and fix their own problems, not just get wasted and avoiding them. People drowning their problems doesn't work. If drugs were legalized, would we still have traffic deaths because of the intoxicated drivers? It doesn't work for alcohol- people still drink and drive and the death toll is awfully high.

The fact that a stoner thinks 15 MPH is quite fast enough has no bearing on this.:D

thatsmrmastercraft
01-23-2010, 02:28 PM
So, it's still a behavioral issue. People all over the world have come up with ways to get blasted for thousands of years and these substances are used, made and new ones developed because they feel good. How many people have drunk or drugged their way our out of jobs, marriages, careers and all of their possessions? Making these legal won't cure the problems and just because it's regulated and taxed doesn't make it better unless you're just looking for more government involvement in daily life and for that government to scrounge more money to spend on their pet projects. Prohibition didn't do what was intended and taxing it only brings in money to the government, like all other added sources of revenue. People need to look at themselves and fix their own problems, not just get wasted and avoiding them. People drowning their problems doesn't work. If drugs were legalized, would we still have traffic deaths because of the intoxicated drivers? It doesn't work for alcohol- people still drink and drive and the death toll is awfully high.

The fact that a stoner thinks 15 MPH is quite fast enough has no bearing on this.:D

But even at this speed he may be distracted by a case of Twinkies.

j2nh
01-23-2010, 07:35 PM
The sad fact is that the US has been waging a war on drugs since I was a kid in the 70's and despite the billions of dollars and campaign after campaign, just say no, the problem is worse today than it was back then. I have slowly come to the conclusion that the strategy has not and will not work. If it was up to me I would accept the reality and legalize marijuana.
Controlling distribution would have a positive impact in a lot of communities by taking gangs and their violence out of the equation. Sucks, but we need to do something different, the current path just isn't working.

JMann
01-23-2010, 08:11 PM
Legalize It, Don't Criticize It

JimN
01-23-2010, 08:15 PM
The sad fact is that the US has been waging a war on drugs since I was a kid in the 70's and despite the billions of dollars and campaign after campaign, just say no, the problem is worse today than it was back then. I have slowly come to the conclusion that the strategy has not and will not work. If it was up to me I would accept the reality and legalize marijuana.
Controlling distribution would have a positive impact in a lot of communities by taking gangs and their violence out of the equation. Sucks, but we need to do something different, the current path just isn't working.

You might want to look into how long the war on drugs has been going on. Think about this for a minute. People on welfare often stay on it for years and decades- how fast do you think addicts will try their habit if they get their fix from the government?

JimN
01-23-2010, 08:16 PM

One would do but a case would be like a field trip.

j2nh
01-23-2010, 08:27 PM
You might want to look into how long the war on drugs has been going on. Think about this for a minute. People on welfare often stay on it for years and decades- how fast do you think addicts will try their habit if they get their fix from the government?

For a long time no doubt, I was only speaking to my experience and if we continue down the current path we will be fighting it, and losing, forever. Separate pot out from harder drugs and deal with it the same way we do with alcohol.

Less people smoke cigarettes each year, cost being one factor, but the larger one, I would like to think, is that education has convinced people it is not in their best interest to smoke.

Jorski
01-23-2010, 08:41 PM
Why not go somewhere in middle...decriminalize it. You know, in the same way that drinking beer is legal, but drunk driving isn't.

There is just about zero positive impact in sending people to jail because they smoke marijuana. And there are so many better ways to spend the money wasted on enforcement and jail in this regard that it boggles the mind.

Honestly, think back to university...was it hard to get? did you think you would go to jail? was 'the war on drugs" a deterrent?

JimN
01-23-2010, 08:49 PM
For a long time no doubt, I was only speaking to my experience and if we continue down the current path we will be fighting it, and losing, forever. Separate pot out from harder drugs and deal with it the same way we do with alcohol.

Less people smoke cigarettes each year, cost being one factor, but the larger one, I would like to think, is that education has convinced people it is not in their best interest to smoke.

It's not in anyone's best interest to smoke anything and civilizations don't last long when drunkenness and drug use are rampant.

Right now, people are far too willing to obliterate their problems instead of dealing with them. That's a behavioral problem and it's far too rampant.

east tx skier
01-23-2010, 08:58 PM
Criminalizing a commodity makes it much more difficult to regulate. It's probably a lot easier for kids to get a hold of weed than it is alcohol. The notion that our government can completely eliminate its use is not realistic. If it was, you'd think we could have accomplished it by now. The reality is that we've thrown gobs of money at the war on drugs for decades and have not come near to eliminating any of it. I think it may be long past the time to take a different course. Just one person's opinion.

Skipper
01-23-2010, 09:40 PM
There is no good to come from drug use. Even if a person doesn't wreck their body, kill or seriously injure themselves or somebody else in a car wreck, overdose, or just fry thier brain...then...many users run out of money to buy drugs, so they commit thefts, burglaries, robberies, or prostitute themselves for drugs. Then there are those who profit from selling drugs. These folks are usually greedy and ruthless. They commit kidnappings, assaults and murders. They kill each other, their competitors, the police, the judges, and other government officials and their families.

The fact is that for every pot head out there just contributes to the problem. Smart arse college kids wacked out on dope are quick to run out and protest against the military or any other reason to riot. Pot smoking leads to the use of other drugs.

I spent eight years chasing tail lights in Arizona. Busted everyone from the 5th grade kid who scored a litte weed to the bad arse, heavily armed, biker gang that was transporting $450k in meth.

Now these two celebrities, stoned and stoner, have launched a campaign to legalize pot. Scru them!

thatsmrmastercraft
01-23-2010, 10:18 PM

One would do but a case would be like a field trip.

OK, I got carried away in my terminology. I meant one of those white cardboard boxes of ten or so.

JimN
01-23-2010, 10:45 PM
That's one of the only "foods" I know of that has a half-life.

Jorski
01-23-2010, 11:33 PM
I spent eight years chasing tail lights in Arizona. Busted everyone from the 5th grade kid who scored a litte weed to the bad arse, heavily armed, biker gang that was transporting $450k in meth.

I have a big problem equating your 5th grader with your bad arse, heavily armed biker/meth dealer.

Pot just isn't the same problem as chrystal meth, and therefore shouldn't be treated the same way under the law.

Personally, if you don't want criminals profiting from pot, legalizing it is the only way to prevent that...you would have a better chance at keeping it out of the hands of that 5th grader also.

I would much rather take the the resources that are currently used to chase marijuana dealers, and the resulting taxes that could be gleaned from legalizing it and out the money into chasing more of the heavily armed biker types.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-24-2010, 01:48 AM
I have a big problem equating your 5th grader with your bad arse, heavily armed biker/meth dealer.

Pot just isn't the same problem as chrystal meth, and therefore shouldn't be treated the same way under the law.

Personally, if you don't want criminals profiting from pot, legalizing it is the only way to prevent that...you would have a better chance at keeping it out of the hands of that 5th grader also.

I would much rather take the the resources that are currently used to chase marijuana dealers, and the resulting taxes that could be gleaned from legalizing it and out the money into chasing more of the heavily armed biker types.

Let me see how this works. We start with a criminal profiting from pot. Then we make pot legal and suddenly this criminal is going to buy his pot from Obama's Government Pot Store thereby no longer profiting from criminal enterprise. Hmmm. Somehow I suspect this same guy is going to continue to buy his pot from his same illegal source and continue being a criminal profiting from pot. He is a criminal....that is what criminals do.

The problem isn't wasting resources currently used to chase marijuana dealers. Its the judges and legislators who think these criminals shouldn't be going to jail, and that we shouldn't be building more jails to keep these morons separated from the rest of the living and breathing society.

coz
01-24-2010, 07:12 AM
http://steelturman.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451bab869e201116894072f970c-800wi

Is marijuana any worse than alcohol?

1. Marijuana is far less addictive than alcohol.

2. Deaths from the two substances. There are hundreds of alcohol overdose deaths each year, yet there has never been a marijuana overdose death in history. The consumption of alcohol is also the direct cause of tens of thousands of deaths in the U.S. each year.

3. Alcohol is one of the most toxic drugs, and using just 10 times what one would use to get the desired effect can lead to death. Marijuana is one of – if not the – least toxic drugs, requiring thousands times the dose one would use to get the desired effect to lead to death. This “thousands times” is actually theoretical, since there has never been a recorded case of marijuana overdose.

4. Long-term marijuana use is far less harmful than long-term alcohol use.

5. The United Kingdom's Science and Technology Select Committee considers alcohol far more harmful than marijuana.

6. There has never been a documented case of lung cancer in a marijuana-only smoker, and recent studies find that marijuana use is not associated with any type of cancer. The same cannot be said for alcohol, which has been found to contribute to a variety of long-term negative health effects, including cancers and cirrhosis of the liver.

7. Studies find alcohol use contributes to the likelihood of domestic violence and sexual assault and marijuana use does not.

8. Studies find alcohol use contributes to aggressive behavior and acts of violence, whereas marijuana use reduces the likelihood of violent behavior

9. Alcohol use is highly associated with violent crime, whereas marijuana use is not.

10. Alcohol use is a catalyst for domestic violence in Denver.

11. Alcohol use is prevalent in cases of sexual assault and date rape on college campuses. Marijuana use is not considered a contributing factor in cases of sexual assault and date rape, as judged by the lack of discussion of marijuana in sexual assault and date rape educational materials.

Below each numbered sentence is the facts and statistics here on this link http://www.saferchoice.org/content/view/24/53/

TMCNo1
01-24-2010, 07:42 AM
http://steelturman.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451bab869e201116894072f970c-800wi

2. Deaths from the two substances. There are hundreds of alcohol overdose deaths each year, yet there has never been a marijuana overdose death in history. The consumption of alcohol is also the direct cause of tens of thousands of deaths in the U.S. each year.

3. Alcohol is one of the most toxic drugs, and using just 10 times what one would use to get the desired effect can lead to death. Marijuana is one of – if not the – least toxic drugs, requiring thousands times the dose one would use to get the desired effect to lead to death. This “thousands times” is actually theoretical, since there has never been a recorded case of marijuana overdose.

5. The United Kingdom's Science and Technology Select Committee considers alcohol far more harmful than marijuana.

6. There has never been a documented case of lung cancer in a marijuana-only smoker, and recent studies find that marijuana use is not associated with any type of cancer. The same cannot be said for alcohol, which has been found to contribute to a variety of long-term negative health effects, including cancers and cirrhosis of the liver.

7. Studies find alcohol use contributes to the likelihood of domestic violence and sexual assault and marijuana use does not.

8. Studies find alcohol use contributes to aggressive behavior and acts of violence, whereas marijuana use reduces the likelihood of violent behavior

9. Alcohol use is highly associated with violent crime, whereas marijuana use is not.

11. Alcohol use is prevalent in cases of sexual assault and date rape on college campuses. Marijuana use is not considered a contributing factor in cases of sexual assault and date rape, as judged by the lack of discussion of marijuana in sexual assault and date rape educational materials.

Below each numbered sentence is the facts and statistics here on this link http://www.saferchoice.org/content/view/24/53/

Shucks, and I was hoping these results were from test the Gobment had performed on you!
Love, Peace, Soul duuuuuuude,

coz
01-24-2010, 07:53 AM
Shucks, and I was hoping these results were from test the Gobment had performed on you!
Love, Peace, Soul duuuuuuude,

Our anthem http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uFQQOiMr8M :headbang:

TMCNo1
01-24-2010, 08:16 AM
Our anthem http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uFQQOiMr8M :headbang:

Best actors and band of all time, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2pXxHW1DHs&feature=related
and their song, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2K-_2AHYh0

This is funny, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NIjjfRjJXU

JimN
01-24-2010, 10:16 AM
[IMG]

Since the last five all referred to violemce, they could have been distilled to one. We all know pot smokers who have a certain kind of cough and this is part of the respiratory danger. Here's a link to some of the medical problems caused by pot use:
http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/evidence99/marijuana/Health_1.html

Here's a link to cancer:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/booster_shots/2009/02/marijuana-use-a.html

Many drugs are far worse but the war on drugs isn't just about pot. It's mainly about cocaine, crack, meth, all kinds of pills, etc. It's not about casual use- it's about abuse and trafficking of illegal substances, criminal enterprise and the violence resulting from it. Gangs and cartels are opportunistic and if some drugs are de-criminalized or made legal, they'll just find soemthing else to exploit.

The fact is that marijuana is addictive and causes emotional issues. People who start using pot at an early age and continue for a long time definitely have reduced mental abilities. Memory loss, loss of concentration and problems in the reproductive system ar other results of marijuana use/abuse.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/08/060804085719.htm

Jorski
01-24-2010, 11:39 AM
People who start using pot at an early age and continue for a long time definitely have reduced mental abilities. Memory loss, loss of concentration and problems in the reproductive system ar other results of marijuana use/abuse.

Same thing could be said for coffee, cigarettes, high salt intake and/or eating high fat food!

Funny, it seems that you want the government to control certain things in your life, but not others. The war on drugs has contributed to the growth of government (certainly didn't reduce it)...do you want personal choice or do you want the hand of governement reaching into the decisions you make for your life?

Jorski
01-24-2010, 11:49 AM
Let me see how this works. We start with a criminal profiting from pot. Then we make pot legal and suddenly this criminal is going to buy his pot from Obama's Government Pot Store thereby no longer profiting from criminal enterprise. Hmmm. Somehow I suspect this same guy is going to continue to buy his pot from his same illegal source and continue being a criminal profiting from pot. He is a criminal....that is what criminals do.

Booze used to be illegal...then they legalized it; very few people buy from bootleggers anymore, marijuana wouldn't be any different.

The problem isn't wasting resources currently used to chase marijuana dealers. Its the judges and legislators who think these criminals shouldn't be going to jail, and that we shouldn't be building more jails to keep these morons separated from the rest of the living and breathing society.

I think that is precisely the problem. every single dollar wasted on a pot conviction is a resource not used to stop hard drugs and violent crime. As for "seperating the morons from the rest of society", trust me there are plenty of morons that don't smoke pot.

You can't put everyone in jail.

Further, pot is legal in the Netherlands, and according to Time Magazine the US has about double the participation rate as the Dutch despite all of the tougher laws and the enforcement.

The Netherlands, with its permissive marijuana laws, may be known as the cannabis capital of the world. But a survey published this month in PLoS Medicine, a journal of the Public Library of Science, suggests that the Dutch don't actually experiment with pot as much as one would expect. Despite tougher drug policies in the U.S., Americans were twice as likely to have tried marijuana than the Dutch, according to the survey. In fact, Americans were more likely to have tried marijuana or cocaine than people in any of the 16 other countries, including France, Spain, South Africa, Mexico and Colombia, that the survey covered.

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1821697,00.html#ixzz0dY7rxPL2

JimN
01-24-2010, 11:55 AM
Same thing could be said for coffee, cigarettes, high salt intake and/or eating high fat food!

Funny, it seems that you want the government to control certain things in your life, but not others. The war on drugs has contributed to the growth of government (certainly didn't reduce it)...do you want personal choice or do you want the hand of governement reaching into the decisions you make for your life?

Cigarettes have had a warning here since about '64 and people still can't stop. That's addiction.

"Funny, it seems that you want the government to control certain things in your life, but not others"

And that makes me different from most other, how? People have proved that they can't self-govern their lives. Why is this a problem for you? I just don't think recreational drugs do much more than allow people to avoid their problems. When it degrades to substance abuse, the wheels fall off completely. Left to their own choices in matters like this, people usually make the wrong one. Read the paper or watch the news. The obesity stats are appalling and the health affects are most of why health care costs so much. When people eat bad foods due to boredom and convenience, there can be no other result.

And, when it comes to drugs and alcohol, there's no government control of my life because I don't do drugs and rarely drink but I have, in the past. I can't think of a single person I knew who committed suicide that didn't abuse drugs or alcohol and the range of age is 18 to about 50. I worked in a mall and the kids who spent a lot of time there, usually called 'mall rats', could be easily separated as far as who did drugs and who didn't. The ones who did were pretty brain-dead when someone asked a difficult question. Mostly, it appeared to be confusion but their thought processes were severely slowed by pot.

Think about what our lives would be like if drugs and alcohol were completely available to everyone with no restrictions.

bbymgr
01-24-2010, 12:00 PM
Booze used to be illegal...then they legalized it; very few people buy from bootleggers anymore, marijuana wouldn't be any different.

Wrong!!! Cigarettes are legal, but you still see a crap load of contraband cigarette sales. As soon as the Government legalizes it, they will tax it; then you will have another reason for dealers to exist.

Skipper
01-24-2010, 12:04 PM
Why am I not surprised to find Jorski a powerful defender of making pot legal.

The term "war on drugs" is nothing like a war. I certainly know the difference. Instead, it is an effort to use a combination of education, law enforcement, and other programs to reduce the demand for drugs, prosecute all the way down to the first time user, and reduce the supply.

Supporters can quote whatever statistics they choose, the truth is that nothing good comes from illegal drug use. Legalizing it is simply nonsense. But, if your brain is fried, it probably makes perfect sense to you.

Cheech and Chong are celebrities. People are influenced by celebrities. These two pot head celebrities are just destroying the efforts of a lot of good people. What is really ironic is the, seemingly, high number of celebrities that die from over doses of illegal and prescription drugs. But drugs are cool! Right?

Scru these bozos. If you are a user. Scru you. I hope you get busted and you suffer grave consequences.

TMCNo1
01-24-2010, 12:41 PM
Cheech and Chong are celebrities. People are influenced by celebrities. These two pot head celebrities are just destroying the efforts of a lot of good people. What is really ironic is the, seemingly, high number of celebrities that die from over doses of illegal and prescription drugs. But drugs are cool!

But look at how much fun they would have stoned at a California funeral for one of their fellow celebrities.:rolleyes::D Kind of like Larry the Cable Guy's uncle popping a beer at a funeral.

'78 Starz & Stripes
01-24-2010, 01:11 PM
1,800 applications for MMJ in ONE DAY here in Colorado...... The latest update.:eek3:

JimN
01-24-2010, 01:49 PM
1,800 applications for MMJ in ONE DAY here in Colorado...... The latest update.:eek3:

That's not recreational and that's a different use. Everyone knows someone who can get it without resorting to going through a gang or cartel directly, but huge quantities come here from Mexico and South America because they can pay off their local law enforcement and government. The large gangs and cartels know the people of the US have low self-control and will go to great lengths to buy what they think they need and mostly, those who confuse 'want' with 'need'. Medicinal marijuana is for people who physically need it, not for those who just want to get wasted.

east tx skier
01-24-2010, 02:19 PM
http://www.netsoc.tcd.ie/~inky/internets/argument.jpg

thatsmrmastercraft
01-24-2010, 02:36 PM
http://www.netsoc.tcd.ie/~inky/internets/argument.jpg

That says it exactly. I guess potheads will be potheads no matter what. ::rant::rant:

coz
01-24-2010, 03:08 PM
Cheech and Chong are celebrities. People are influenced by celebrities. These two pot head celebrities are just destroying the efforts of a lot of good people. What is really ironic is the, seemingly, high number of celebrities that die from over doses of illegal and prescription drugs. But drugs are cool! Right?

Scru these bozos. If you are a user. Scru you. I hope you get busted and you suffer grave consequences.

Had those said celebrities been hanging and taking bong hits with Cheech & Chong they'd still be here today....like them :D

JimN
01-24-2010, 03:12 PM
Amazing how adamant people can be when they want to do something that's illegal. If the majority wanted this to be legal and it was in everyone's best interest, it would be. Once again, the minority wants to set the rules for the majority.

'78 Starz & Stripes
01-24-2010, 03:16 PM
I couldn't agree more..... I know a lot of people that have "claimed" that they need MMJ for one reason or another. It's gotten to be a HUGE issue here in Colorado. It is what it is and people are going to do it regardless.

JimN
01-24-2010, 03:16 PM
Had those said celebrities been hanging and taking bong hits with Cheech & Chong they'd still be here today....like them :D

You mean, pot makes everything better? Dude- it's not bacon.

east tx skier
01-24-2010, 03:23 PM
http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt308/agitoStrife/argument_invalid.jpg

JimN
01-24-2010, 03:31 PM
http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt308/agitoStrife/argument_invalid.jpg

You realize that you just created a need for someone to start a thread about how great cats are, right?

'78 Starz & Stripes
01-24-2010, 03:37 PM
I have seen that cat at the lake before! He was eating the watermellon on the beach!! Must have had the munchies or something? :popcorn:

east tx skier
01-24-2010, 03:46 PM
This is funnier than any LOLcat.

http://a315.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/97/l_d128a0ba44dbddd5120a56f9ee0008f2.jpg

TMCNo1
01-24-2010, 03:53 PM
I bet that nobody has seen "Bait Car" on Tru TV, reminds me of this thread, but there isn't any way to kill the ignition so it will end!:D

Jorski
01-24-2010, 03:58 PM
I wouldn't consider myself "a powerful defender" of legalizing marijuana. I don't use it myself, but when the evidence suggests that there hasn't been any success in reducing usage as a result of spending billions of dollars I begin to think that there has to be a better way.

When other jurisdictions have lower rates of use, with different policies, it makes sense to me to take a serious look at what is going on.

Frankly, if 42% of the population uses the stuff (according to the Times Magazine article quoted in an earlier post) it's hard for me understand the point of the current legislation. spend the money you save on education about drug use and i suspect that you get better results.

Anyhow...who's got the Oreos man?

east tx skier
01-24-2010, 04:02 PM

Dave does.

Dave's not here, man.

TMCNo1
01-24-2010, 04:09 PM
Dave does.

Dave's not here, man.

Dave's makin' Toll House Chocolate Chip today, he got tired of the store bought cookies and he'd already run out of mix for the Special Brownies!:rolleyes::D

cbryan70
01-24-2010, 04:11 PM
Wrong!!! Cigarettes are legal, but you still see a crap load of contraband cigarette sales. As soon as the Government legalizes it, they will tax it; then you will have another reason for dealers to exist.

well you could go the opposite way as well. You could make it dirt cheap and not make it worthwhile to grow and sell illegally.....

bbymgr
01-24-2010, 04:19 PM
well you could go the opposite way as well. You could make it dirt cheap and not make it worthwhile to grow and sell illegally.....

I agree..............but what do you think the odds of that happening are? The government wants to tax everything it controls. I'm not saying taxes are good or bad, I'm just saying the odds would be they would have a tax comparable to cigarettes.

TMCNo1
01-24-2010, 05:14 PM
I think they should legalize prostitution, that way Tiger wouldn't have to be in sexual addiction rehab and he could just pay his taxes like us all!

thatsmrmastercraft
01-24-2010, 05:24 PM
I think they should legalize prostitution, that way Tiger wouldn't have to be in sexual addiction rehab and he could just pay his taxes like us all!

Well of course leave it to TMCNo1 to see the light. Just don't stop at legalizing prostitution - legalize everything. Can't you see how much sense this makes? No more police, jails, lawyers, judges, politicians, laws, rules, speed limits.... The list goes on and on. Legalize Everything! Legalize Everything! Legalize Everything! Legalize Everything! Legalize Everything! Legalize Everything! Legalize Everything! Legalize Everything! Legalize Everything! Woo Hoo!!!

east tx skier
01-24-2010, 05:41 PM
Cooler heads are starting to prevail. I like it.

TX.X-30 fan
01-24-2010, 05:48 PM
I wouldn't consider myself "a powerful defender" of legalizing marijuana. I don't use it myself, but when the evidence suggests that there hasn't been any success in reducing usage as a result of spending billions of dollars I begin to think that there has to be a better way.

When other jurisdictions have lower rates of use, with different policies, it makes sense to me to take a serious look at what is going on.

Frankly, if 42% of the population uses the stuff (according to the Times Magazine article quoted in an earlier post) it's hard for me understand the point of the current legislation. spend the money you save on education about drug use and i suspect that you get better results.

I agree..............but what do you think the odds of that happening are? The government wants to tax everything it controls. I'm not saying taxes are good or bad, I'm just saying the odds would be they would have a tax comparable to cigarettes.

This is phooking worse than passing a kidney stone........................:mad::mad:

I agree!!

The only silver lining I can find is that William F. Buckley Jr. agreed too :D

TX.X-30 fan
01-24-2010, 05:55 PM
By the way I think pot-heads are boooooooooooooooooooooooring.

cbryan70
01-24-2010, 06:10 PM
He finds boots facinating.......

coz
01-24-2010, 06:20 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/55/ReeferMadness_13.jpg

east tx skier
01-24-2010, 08:00 PM

Perhaps, but thanks to them for "Rubber Soul" all the same. :)

http://20watts.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/rubber-soul.jpg

Jorski
01-24-2010, 09:13 PM
East Tex....that is priceless....BTW, Dave is here now!8p

TX.X-30 fan
01-24-2010, 09:31 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/55/ReeferMadness_13.jpg

Refer madness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good one Coz.

TX.X-30 fan
01-24-2010, 09:32 PM
Perhaps, but thanks to them for "Rubber Soul" all the same. :)

http://20watts.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/rubber-soul.jpg

Anecdotal at best???.............................. You never met my brother-in-law did you? :D

shepherd
01-25-2010, 10:24 AM
Refer madness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good one Coz.

That's BS. People in suits don't smoke pot!

shepherd
01-25-2010, 10:25 AM
Cheech and Chong wouldn't be nearly as funny if they weren't stoned.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-25-2010, 10:34 AM
Cheech and Chong wouldn't be nearly as funny if they weren't stoned.

Kind of goes along with the old joke - What did the Dead Head say when he ran out of pot? ............ What is all that horrible noise?!?

shepherd
01-25-2010, 10:41 AM
Good one Mr MC 8p

I haven't heard that one before. Maybe I was stoned? :confused:

thatsmrmastercraft
01-25-2010, 12:57 PM
Good one Mr MC 8p

I haven't heard that one before. Maybe I was stoned? :confused:

Or too busy with the munchies. :popcorn: :popcorn:

TMCNo1
01-25-2010, 01:42 PM
Well of course leave it to TMCNo1 to see the light. Just don't stop at legalizing prostitution - legalize everything. Can't you see how much sense this makes? No more police, jails, lawyers, judges, politicians, laws, rules, speed limits.... The list goes on and on. Legalize Everything! Legalize Everything! Legalize Everything! Legalize Everything! Legalize Everything! Legalize Everything! Legalize Everything! Legalize Everything! Legalize Everything! Woo Hoo!!!

Well in that case, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eNxgVKSnow

thatsmrmastercraft
01-25-2010, 04:31 PM
Well in that case, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eNxgVKSnow

Thank you. Thank you very much. Great tune - I forgot how much I like it.

east tx skier
01-25-2010, 04:49 PM
Anecdotal at best???

Clearly, but I figured that hotlinking the album art from the entirety of the Beatles catalog was overkill. Plus, their drug use became more varied by the time they crossed Abbey Road. So I suppose, at a point, even their entire catalog is a bit anecdotal to the substance that is the center of the conversation. Nonetheless, their writing on Rubber Soul was heavily influenced by said cousin of the hop flower. And that fact is pretty well documented.

No, I never met your brother in law. Have you met the youngest of my half brothers?

/Abbey Road is the best Beatles album.

TX.X-30 fan
01-25-2010, 07:49 PM
Nice web page on the east tx law....................

east tx skier
01-26-2010, 05:27 PM
Nice web page on the east tx law....................

Thanks, but it would probably be nicer if she had time to do anything with it. That thing has been in place holder mode for way too long.

'02xrider
01-27-2010, 12:59 AM
It would be funny to see the looks on many of your faces if the people you think are so great stood up and said they smoke pot. They are all around you and you don't even know it.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-27-2010, 01:11 AM
Here you go oxrider

Skipper
01-27-2010, 07:44 AM
It would be funny to see the looks on many of your faces if the people you think are so great stood up and said they smoke pot. They are all around you and you don't even know it.

Easy for me, I don't like anybody........................................... ..................8p

JimN
01-27-2010, 09:33 AM
L.A. is closing most of the pot clinics. They have more of these "clinics" than coffee shops.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/01/26/politics/main6143291.shtml

JimN
01-27-2010, 09:34 AM

Find some great people and that may mean something. FYI- Smoking pot didn't make them great.

coz
01-27-2010, 09:39 AM
They have more of these "clinics" than coffee shops.

Well yeah! a bag of pot is a helluva lot cheaper than a cup of starbucks coffee :rolleyes:

thatsmrmastercraft
01-27-2010, 09:46 AM
L.A. is closing most of the pot clinics. They have more of these "clinics" than coffee shops.

Well yeah! a bag of pot is a helluva lot cheaper than a cup of starbucks coffee :rolleyes:

:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

shepherd
01-27-2010, 11:40 AM

Like this guy? I bet he had some amazing adventures without leaving the bedroom.

JimN
01-27-2010, 12:06 PM
Like this guy? I bet he had some amazing adventures without leaving the bedroom.

Looks like yer typical hippie.

JimN
01-27-2010, 12:08 PM

Not if you factor in the pizza delivery, walking to the gas station for doughnuts, road trip to Taco Bell and a snack on the way home "because I had the munchies".

TMCNo1
01-27-2010, 12:52 PM
Looks like yer typical hippie.

With all those ruffles, he looks like a gay hippie, jus' sayin'!

east tx skier
01-27-2010, 08:18 PM
Not if you factor in the pizza delivery, walking to the gas station for doughnuts, road trip to Taco Bell and a snack on the way home "because I had the munchies".

That's a whole lot of stereotypes in one sentence. :)

JimN
01-27-2010, 08:25 PM
That's a whole lot of stereotypes in one sentence. :)

Which part did I get wrong? I just looked at it like one- pot smoking causes the munchies.:D

'78 Starz & Stripes
01-27-2010, 09:35 PM
That's Grooooooovy Man!

coz
01-27-2010, 10:08 PM

No need....wife's a good cook and she picks these up for me by the case at Costco :D http://advantageserviceltd.com/images/milkywayks.jpg

east tx skier
01-27-2010, 11:36 PM
Which part did I get wrong? I just looked at it like one- pot smoking causes the munchies.:D

Who said you were wrong. I said they were stereotypes. :)

JimN
01-28-2010, 12:02 AM
Who said you were wrong. I said they were stereotypes. :)

I thought you were busting me for too many in the same sentence. Sorry. :o

coz
01-28-2010, 02:02 PM
I wonder what Moses would say http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100128/ap_on_re_us/us_marijuana_religion :D

TMCNo1
01-28-2010, 02:08 PM
I wonder what Moses would say http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100128/ap_on_re_us/us_marijuana_religion :D

Ummmmmmm, right on, Duuuuuude!:rolleyes::D

Skipper
01-28-2010, 07:34 PM

Just a pothead loser using religion to justify his criminal activity. His car wasn't even registered. Incapable of fitting into society. He should just become a democratic legislature.

coz
01-28-2010, 09:30 PM
Just a pothead loser using religion to justify his criminal activity. His car wasn't even registered. Incapable of fitting into society. He should just become a democratic legislature.

That's what he'd say? he was a republican? :confused:

Skipper
01-29-2010, 08:53 AM
Legislator, duh. I just figured out how to spell it.

Navajo Indians hide behind religion so they can use Peyote. Saw some religious group call Rastafan or Rasta or something like that. Bunch of potheads with dread locks who say their religion requires that they smoke dope. That is absolute nonsense!

coz
01-29-2010, 10:32 AM
Legislator, duh. I just figured out how to spell it.

Navajo Indians hide behind religion so they can use Peyote. !

C'mon Skip! a little peyote pow wow on the rez out here in Az might be fun :D we could all meet up over at the Navajo nation and research this :woohoo:

TX.X-30 fan
01-29-2010, 12:39 PM
The pot-head thread is going strong.