PDA

View Full Version : Lexus LFA

trickskier
01-20-2010, 04:28 PM
Robin Meade reported on CNN this morning that even "IF" you have $350,000 CASH to buy this car Lexus may not sell it to you.

There is an image they want to go with this car. They want to know where you live & where you'll be driving it before they will sell it to you.

Link:

http://www.lexus.com/LFA/

Monte
01-20-2010, 04:29 PM
So I guess Skidog is never going to own one..:rolleyes::D

Kidding Dog8p

trickskier
01-20-2010, 04:35 PM
So I guess Skidog is never going to own one..:rolleyes::D

Kidding Dog8p

No - Going to the Krystal in Brunswick, Ga won't qualify him!!! :uglyhamme

captain planet
01-20-2010, 04:39 PM
Lexus = pretentious

trickskier
01-20-2010, 04:41 PM
Lexus = pretentious

You're on a roll today!!! :D

Sodar
01-20-2010, 04:43 PM
I read about this a few months ago. Car is actually pretty sick and although they have not released interior photos, it sounds pretty incredible.

The 0-60 and even 0-100 are in the supercar realm. Last I heard, the Lexus and Toyota dealerships were calling select clients with the opportunity to purchase the vehicle. Basically, they want someone who lives in a nice home and can still afford a nice vehicle, rather than someone who drives a $400k car, but lives in a cardboard shack. Makes sense to keep the company image.

captain planet
01-20-2010, 04:52 PM
You're on a roll today!!! :D

I know. The more I read, the angrier I get. I just couldn't help myself. :o

TMCNo1
01-20-2010, 04:52 PM
I read about this a few months ago. Car is actually pretty sick and although they have not released interior photos, it sounds pretty incredible.

The 0-60 and even 0-100 are in the supercar realm. Last I heard, the Lexus and Toyota dealerships were calling select clients with the opportunity to purchase the vehicle. Basically, they want someone who lives in a nice home and can still afford a nice vehicle, rather than someone who drives a $400k car, but lives in a cardboard shack. Makes sense to keep the company image.

Interior pics are under "Gallery"- "Interior"

MYMC
01-20-2010, 07:06 PM
Hard to take this seriously, Lexus has no pedigree/history in this market segment. It is and has been dominated by European makes with England and Italy being the most thought of when shopping in this price range.

The car may be dominant in performance and or luxury at it's price point and may even be better than those costing $100,000's more, but people that buy these cars either view them as a wonderful toy they will drive and then dispose of (depreciation aside) or they buy them to collect/show...only time will tell if the LFA will be among those.

JMann
01-20-2010, 07:11 PM
Lexus = pretentious

Don't you mean

Lexus = Toyota

Ski-me
01-21-2010, 04:31 PM
I particularly like the headlight knob!:D;) That thing is SWEET!

Of all the interior shot to pick from to represent the interior....they picked the headlight knob.....:confused:

east tx skier
01-21-2010, 05:12 PM
Hard to take this seriously, Lexus has no pedigree/history in this market segment. It is and has been dominated by European makes with England and Italy being the most thought of when shopping in this price range.

The car may be dominant in performance and or luxury at it's price point and may even be better than those costing $100,000's more, but people that buy these cars either view them as a wonderful toy they will drive and then dispose of (depreciation aside) or they buy them to collect/show...only time will tell if the LFA will be among those.

A wise man once said (on this forum) "if you're not growing, you're dying."

I think the Aston Martin DBS is a better looking, albeit similar looking, car. Maserati has one that looks a lot like this, too.

Forrest-X45
01-21-2010, 05:39 PM
I agree with MYMC - hard to take this car seriously. Lexus has no history or proven record of making supercars and their heritage is (sorry, but might offend some with this comment) building soft and boring cars. Never heard a Lexus owner say, "Wow, that was exciting and fun to drive." It's like Buick all of sudden coming out with a $350K supercar. Really?!?!? Now - with that being said, Lexus builds nice cars that lots of people really enjoy. They fit a very specific niche for the mid to older generation that like smooth reliable cars. Not $350K supercars, it just doesn't add up.

Plus - if I was going to drop $350K on a car I would buy something from Italy where they have been building supercars for decades. Or save myself $250K and purchase a ZR1 and get the same or better perfromance.

dog paw
01-21-2010, 06:05 PM
Lexus = pretentious

Amen brother! 10 cents worth of nothing..... Hell I have Sea Doo's that will do a 3 sec 0/50 stock. Front end looks like some Mazda and the back...... Just plain ugly. No need to schedule a interview for me.

1/2 of that price could put you into one of those Icon sport planes!

MYMC
01-22-2010, 01:16 PM
1/2 of that price could put you into one of those Icon sport planes!
Now there is a cool idea!