PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Racing Season

TMCNo1
01-10-2010, 09:57 AM
Robby Gordon drops to 10th overall after blown tires Friday and alternator problems yesterday in the Dakar Rally.
http://www.nascar.com/2010/news/headlines/cup/01/08/rgordon.dakar.stage7.ap/index.html

thatsmrmastercraft
01-10-2010, 10:14 AM
Hard to believe Daytona is just a few weeks away. February 14, 2010

Spring must be out there somewhere, but I sure can't see it from here.

D3skier
01-10-2010, 10:43 AM
Hard to believe Daytona is just a few weeks away. February 14, 2010

Spring must be out there somewhere, but I sure can't see it from here.

the Daytona race is how I gauge how long it will be before I'm back to skiing again.. I know that once Daytona 500 gets here I'll be in the water within a few weeks. (unless we have a crappy winter)

TMCNo1
01-10-2010, 10:53 AM
the Daytona race is how I gauge how long it will be before I'm back to skiing again.. I know that once Daytona 500 gets here I'll be in the water within a few weeks. (unless we have a crappy winter)

Around here, the Daytona 500 means that during that two week period we usually have a decent snowstorm. Then, I usually gauge that we shouldn't have any freezing precipition after the 5th of March and after the 3rd race of the year. With the weather we've already had, we'll just have to see. Could be, this year in Daytona, a snowplow will be the pace car!:rolleyes::D

thatsmrmastercraft
01-10-2010, 01:35 PM
Around here, the Daytona 500 means that during that two week period we usually have a decent snowstorm. Then, I usually gauge that we shouldn't have any freezing precipition after the 5th of March and after the 3rd race of the year. With the weather we've already had, we'll just have to see. Could be, this year in Daytona, a snowplow will be the pace car!:rolleyes::D

Maybe they could get use one of the snow removal trucks from New York City where they put plows on the garbage trucks. Then they could empty the trash cans when they are done.

Or I could send some real plow trucks with experienced drivers down from Minnesota.

trickskier
01-21-2010, 06:39 PM
NASCAR putting emphasis on back-to-basics racing

New rules changes designed aimed at sport's history

NASCAR has announced that it will relax some on-track rules, putting racing back in the drivers' hands in 2010.

The changes, which begin with next month's season-opening events at Daytona International Speedway, will allow drivers to be even more competitive.

Race rule changes were one of several announcements during Thursday's annual Media Tour presentation at NASCAR's Research and Development Center in Concord, N.C.

NASCAR chairman and CEO Brian France said the loosening of on-track reins is another step in enhancing competition and back-to-basics racing.

"Over the past 10 years we've dramatically increased safety and that mission continues. However, it's time for us to allow the drivers to drive. We don't want the rules and regulations to get in the way of great racing and fantastic finishes," France said.

"NASCAR is a contact sport -- our history is based on banging fenders."

Among the changes:

• Bump-drafting rules will be eliminated at Daytona and Talladega Superspeedway. Teams also will use a bigger restrictor plate at Daytona.

Eliminating bump-drafting rules puts responsibility for on-track moves squarely back in drivers' hands. Larger restrictor plates give drivers more horsepower.

• The wing mounted on the rear on the Sprint Cup Series' new car will be replaced with a spoiler. A full-field test is scheduled for March 23-24 at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Following that, a decision on when to implement the spoiler will be made based on teams' input. The switch from wing to spoiler will return to a more traditional stock-car look.

"Over the last couple of years, there have been dozens of changes to this car, with this being the most visible change," said Robin Pemberton, NASCAR's vice president of competition.

Double D
01-21-2010, 07:01 PM
Yeah yeah yeah, heard it all before. I have been a NASCAR fan since 1985 and enjoyed each season...until the last 4! Yes, Jimmy Johnson is good and he has a great crew chief. But the system is broken when a guy can win 4 championships in a row with as competative as everyone is. Yes, the King has won in similar fashion but competition was different back then and he would win races by several laps, not feet. I have no plans to watch anything NASCAR until they fix it. :mad:

shepherd
01-21-2010, 08:32 PM
Increasing the restrictor plate sizes is a good start. I always thought that it was a joke that the cars could go faster at 1.5 mile tracks like Atlanta than they could at a superspeedway like Talladega. :rolleyes:

I still say they should eliminate pit road speed limits and make the drivers race back to the yellow flag when the caution comes out, just like the good old days. :D

trickskier
01-21-2010, 08:58 PM
Increasing the restrictor plate sizes is a good start. I always thought that it was a joke that the cars could go faster at 1.5 mile tracks like Atlanta than they could at a superspeedway like Talladega. :rolleyes:

I still say they should eliminate pit road speed limits and make the drivers race back to the yellow flag when the caution comes out, just like the good old days. :D

I agree..............:D

DemolitionMan
01-21-2010, 09:09 PM
Get ride of the lucky dog.

trickskier
01-21-2010, 09:17 PM

They can only do that if they re-instate racing back to the caution flag, and I don't think that's going to happen.

ski_king
01-21-2010, 09:32 PM

They can only do that if they re-instate racing back to the caution flag, and I don't think that's going to happen.

I say get rid of the lucky dog, but still freeze the field where everybody is when the yellow flag falls. The wave around rule that came in with the double file restart will let them try to get a lap back.

Oh, yea, no debris cautions unless it is bigger than a mailbox.

trickskier
01-21-2010, 09:45 PM
I say get rid of the lucky dog, but still freeze the field where everybody is when the yellow flag falls. The wave around rule that came in with the double file restart will let them try to get a lap back.

Oh, yea, no debris cautions unless it is bigger than a mailbox.

Yeah, those debris caution flags do seem to pop up when needed don't they? :rolleyes:

DemolitionMan
01-21-2010, 10:15 PM
Yeah, those debris caution flags do seem to pop up when needed don't they? :rolleyes:

That is true.:)

bxroads
01-22-2010, 08:22 AM
Regarding the Lucky Dog, I think it makes racing more interesting. I've watched very aggressive driving in competition for the lucky dog spot.

TMCNo1
01-22-2010, 09:40 AM
Other NASCAR Touring Series changes for 2010,

Other changes announced Thursday:
• Mike Fisher, managing director of NASCAR's R&D Center, has some additions to his team. They include Brett Bodine (http://www.nascar.com/drivers/dps/bbodine00/cup/index.html) as the director of racing, Tom Gideon as director of safety and Jamie DiPietro as manager of safety inspections.
• Beginning with the Feb. 13 season opener at Daytona, Nationwide Series teams will be limited to 15 crew members, including the driver, crew chief, spotter and seven over-the-wall pit-crew members. Teams also won't be required to provide a scorer. Last year teams had no limit on at-track crew members.
• Nationwide Series teams may run no more than two races in 2010 without using an engine sealed by series officials. Last year they could run three races before using a sealed engine.
• Camping World Truck Series teams will use double-file restarts "shootout style" in 2010, making restart rules uniform across all three national series. Teams also will return to traditional pit stops, eliminating last year's procedure of refueling and changing tires on separate stops. Teams also may use a new, vented fuel dump can, eliminating the need for a catch can.

Monte
01-22-2010, 09:46 AM
If Brett Bodine is not on the track how will he create his traditional at least one wreck every race?

TMCNo1
01-22-2010, 09:58 AM
If Brett Bodine is not on the track how will he create his traditional at least one wreck every race?

Brett Bodine has been driving the Sprint Cup pace car/truck since 2004, since he quit racing in 2003. Todd wrecks Camping World series trucks and Jeff is bobsled racing in the cold. He just got promoted.

Monte
01-22-2010, 10:03 AM
Brett Bodine has been driving the Sprint Cup pace car/truck since 2004, since he quit racing in 2003. Todd wrecks Camping World series trucks and Jeff is bobsled racing in the cold. He just got promoted.

Funny how the pace car has not wrecked yet:rolleyes:

SkiDog
01-22-2010, 10:36 AM
I heard this morning that NASCAR was gonna let drivers do a little more bump-drafting this year at the super speedways. I say let em race!

thatsmrmastercraft
01-22-2010, 10:40 AM
Funny how the pace car has not wrecked yet:rolleyes:

I suspect the pace car is being controlled remotely, and that the in car steering wheel is strictly for show. In instances where the car doesn't go where he is trying to steer it, I don't think he would be all that surprised anyway.

trickskier
01-22-2010, 10:45 AM
I heard this morning that NASCAR was gonna let drivers do a little more bump-drafting this year at the super speedways. I say let em race!

Dog - Are you still getting TV through wabbit ears? I posted that yesterday................:D

Monte
01-22-2010, 11:59 AM
Dog - Are you still getting TV through rabbit ears? I posted that yesterday................:D

Darnit Trick:mad: Those were peacock ears and the peacock ran away;)

TMCNo1
01-22-2010, 03:46 PM
Dog - Are you still getting TV through rabbit ears? I posted that yesterday................:D
Darnit Trick Those were peacock ears and the peacock ran away;)

The battery went dead in his computer's hearing aid!:rolleyes::D

SkiDog
01-22-2010, 06:15 PM
Man, if this was the Darkside!

trickskier
01-22-2010, 06:18 PM
Man, if this was the Darkside!

I don't know about the Darkside, but you're definitely in the DARK.................... 55052

TMCNo1
01-24-2010, 05:17 PM
Denny Hamlin tears ACL playing basketball yesterday, no surgery planned as of now. So much for his 2010 Nextel Cup Championship dreams, http://www.nascar.com/2010/news/headlines/cup/01/24/dhamlin.tears.acl/index.html

trickskier
01-24-2010, 08:31 PM
It's his left knee he'll be fine except for road courses......................:D

TMCNo1
01-25-2010, 08:58 PM
Get your wallet, Bobby Allison's '69 Dodge Charger is available (http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/blog/from_the_marbles/post/Get-your-wallet-Bobby-Allison-s-69-Dodge-Charg?urn=nascar,215220)

By Carol Fitzgerald (http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/blog/from_the_marbles?author=Carol+Fitzgerald)
http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nascar_marbles__15/ept_sports_nascar_marbles-849248884-1264179286.jpg?ymWx2jCDGUArpY6WThis is not a joke, folks. The venerated Mecum Auction house is about to auction off a piece of NASCAR history. Bobby Allison's '69 Dodge Charger, pictured there at right, was built and tested for NASCAR due to a rule change reducing engine displacement (those pesky rules ...), but banned for being too fast.
Here's the description, straight from the auction house (http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=FL0110-89901&entryRow=412):
By 1968, the advantage previously enjoyed by Chrysler’s Hemi in NASCAR had been virtually eclipsed by its competitors. Ford had answered the more aerodynamic Charger 500 with its own slippery versions of the Torino and Mercury Cyclone, so Dodge pulled out all the stops and unleashed the wild, winged Daytona. With its pointed front nose and high rear wing, the Daytona put Mopar back at the front of the grid, and the Aero Wars were under way.

After almost two years of domination by just two manufacturers, NASCAR founder and President Bill France let it be known that the winged cars would be subjected to severe displacement limitations, and most car owners immediately abandoned them, with one significant holdout: a young rebel named Mario Rossi.

Rossi and his driver Bobby Allison had invested much time and treasure in their Number 22 Daytona, and so decided to experiment with a destroked 305 cubic inch small block. Allison tested the new combination at Daytona and Talladega but never drove it in competition.
The car has been recently restored and certified authentic by Bobby himself! This is an absolute one-of-a-kind, hurry-don't-miss-out opportunity to enhance your NASCAR memorabilia collection with something that is actually worth some money. And best of all, Bobby is going to be there schmoozing and signing autographs during the sale!
The car will go on the block Saturday, Jan. 30 at 2:50, and will be lot
S135.1 (http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=FL0110-89901&entryRow=412). So y'all fire up the checkbooks and get on down to Kissimmee, Fla. Sadly I will be among those watching it on HD Theater. Somebody get me Bobby's autograph, willya?

shepherd
01-25-2010, 11:48 PM
I guess back in those days NASCAR didn't have body templates that forced all the cars to look alike? Did Torinos actually look like Torinos and Chargers look like Chargers? It would be nice if they put the "stock" back into "stock car."

TMCNo1
01-26-2010, 12:27 AM
I guess back in those days NASCAR didn't have body templates that forced all the cars to look alike? Did Torinos actually look like Torinos and Chargers look like Chargers? It would be nice if they put the "stock" back into "stock car."

Yes, they looked like real cars and if there was a new body, nose, engine or other change introduced to racing, the manufacturer had to have at least 500 manufacturered and available for sale to the general public.There were templates, but just for each manufacturers car and for specific parts like front ends and rear ends to keep then within spec to what the manufactures had made to use for racing. That is how, prior to the 1967 Daytona 500, NASCAR found that Smokey Yunick had built a gold and black #13, '66 Chevelle, http://www.canepa.com/inventory/racecar_1/Smokey%20Chevelle_1/index.html (check out all the photos), that was somewhat smaller size than that of a production car, have several tricks built into the body, like a spoiler on the roof and never got to race it.

From Wikipedia,
As with most successful racers, Yunick was a master of the grey area (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_area_%28concept%29) straddling the rules. Perhaps his most famous exploit was his #13 1966 Chevrolet Chevelle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Chevelle), driven by Curtis Turner (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtis_Turner). The car was so much faster than the competition during testing that they were certain that cheating was involved; some sort of aerodynamic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerodynamic) enhancement was strongly suspected, but the car's profile seemed to be entirely stock, as the rules required. It was eventually discovered that Yunick had lowered and modified the roof and windows and raised the floor (to lower the body) of the production car. Since then, NASCAR required each race car's roof, hood, and trunk to fit templates representing the production car's exact profile.
Another Yunick improvisation was getting around the regulations specifying a maximum size for the fuel tank, by using eleven foot (three meter) coils of 2-inch (5-centimeter) diameter tubing for the fuel line to add about 5 gallons (19 liters) to the car's fuel capacity. Once, NASCAR officials came up with a list of nine items for Yunick to fix before the car would be allowed on the track. The suspicious NASCAR officials had removed the tank for inspection. Yunick started the car with no gas tank and said "Better make it ten,"[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smokey_Yunick#cite_note-0) and drove it back to the pits. He used a basketball (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basketball_%28ball%29) in the fuel tank which could be inflated when the car's fuel capacity was checked and deflated for the race.
Yunick also used such innovations as offset chassis, raised floors, roof spoilers, nitrous oxide injection, and other modifications often within the letter of the rule-book, if not the spirit. "All those other guys were cheatin' 10 times worse than us," Yunick wrote in his autobiography, "so it was just self-defense." Yunick's success was also due to his expertise in the aerodynamics of racing cars.

Sledge
01-26-2010, 12:42 AM
Get your wallet, Bobby Allison's '69 Dodge Charger is available (http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/blog/from_the_marbles/post/Get-your-wallet-Bobby-Allison-s-69-Dodge-Charg?urn=nascar,215220)

By Carol Fitzgerald (http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/blog/from_the_marbles?author=Carol+Fitzgerald)
http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nascar_marbles__15/ept_sports_nascar_marbles-849248884-1264179286.jpg?ymWx2jCDGUArpY6WThis is not a joke, folks. The venerated Mecum Auction house is about to auction off a piece of NASCAR history. Bobby Allison's '69 Dodge Charger, pictured there at right, was built and tested for NASCAR due to a rule change reducing engine displacement (those pesky rules ...), but banned for being too fast.
Here's the description, straight from the auction house (http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=FL0110-89901&entryRow=412):
By 1968, the advantage previously enjoyed by Chrysler’s Hemi in NASCAR had been virtually eclipsed by its competitors. Ford had answered the more aerodynamic Charger 500 with its own slippery versions of the Torino and Mercury Cyclone, so Dodge pulled out all the stops and unleashed the wild, winged Daytona. With its pointed front nose and high rear wing, the Daytona put Mopar back at the front of the grid, and the Aero Wars were under way.

After almost two years of domination by just two manufacturers, NASCAR founder and President Bill France let it be known that the winged cars would be subjected to severe displacement limitations, and most car owners immediately abandoned them, with one significant holdout: a young rebel named Mario Rossi.

Rossi and his driver Bobby Allison had invested much time and treasure in their Number 22 Daytona, and so decided to experiment with a destroked 305 cubic inch small block. Allison tested the new combination at Daytona and Talladega but never drove it in competition.
The car has been recently restored and certified authentic by Bobby himself! This is an absolute one-of-a-kind, hurry-don't-miss-out opportunity to enhance your NASCAR memorabilia collection with something that is actually worth some money. And best of all, Bobby is going to be there schmoozing and signing autographs during the sale!
The car will go on the block Saturday, Jan. 30 at 2:50, and will be lot
S135.1 (http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=FL0110-89901&entryRow=412). So y'all fire up the checkbooks and get on down to Kissimmee, Fla. Sadly I will be among those watching it on HD Theater. Somebody get me Bobby's autograph, willya?

Good thing that this whole "racing" thing isn't about something silly like seeing who finishes first or who's car is faster. If only they could come up with some sort of device that would limit the speed of the cars on those really long tracks.................................

Kick A$$ car though!!!

trickskier
01-26-2010, 10:22 PM
This Road Runner Superbird driven by Pete Hamilton in 1970 Won the Daytona 500 and both races at Talladega. 55147

trickskier
02-05-2010, 07:48 AM
Headed to Daytona tomorrow --- Anyone else going?

jakethebt
02-05-2010, 08:19 AM
I wish i was heading to Daytona... instead i will be snowbound in Dayton Ohio.

Also... I have 2 tickets for Bristol for sale. Busch and Cup, also pole day ticket. Seats are the best i have ever had at any track. They are 13 rows off the track right at the enterance to turn 1. The seats are turned just enough to see the entire track and you are directly across from the first pit. You can see all stuff on the front stretch before the race too. Best part is you are so close to the action. PM me if anyone is interested. I think that they are close to $400 for the weekend for both. That is face plus the stupid shipping and printing fee from ticketmaster.

TMCNo1
02-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Hamlin with his torn ACL and Toyota with their problems, what a better excuse for the next NEXTEL Cup Champion to get the season started off good with a crash during the Shootout practice,
http://www.nascar.com/video/cup/2010/preview/highlights/02/04/cup.day.bs.high.prac.one.nascar/index.html

shepherd
02-05-2010, 11:49 AM
Headed to Daytona tomorrow --- Anyone else going?

Already? Cool!
I wonder if they have any good shootout tix available?

trickskier
02-05-2010, 12:05 PM
Already? Cool!
I wonder if they have any good shootout tix available?

There are plenty of tickets left for the Bud Shootout!

D3skier
02-15-2010, 01:16 PM
besides the track issues that was a pretty good race even though it took over 7 hours to run

trickskier
02-15-2010, 02:31 PM
Some pics from the Daytona 500

trickskier
02-15-2010, 02:34 PM
A few more........:D

trickskier
02-15-2010, 02:36 PM

thatsmrmastercraft
02-15-2010, 02:55 PM
With the potholes on the track, you would think they were racing on the streets in Minnesota.

SkiDog
02-15-2010, 03:56 PM
Great pics till I saw the one of the 18 car!

TMCNo1
02-15-2010, 05:28 PM
Great pics till I saw the one of the 18 car!

I sure hope Tiyoda does the pink paint scheme and uniform for him that they showed in the contest commercial during the race.

shepherd
02-16-2010, 10:32 AM
Potholes... :noface:
Can you imagine the **** storm if they had to take a 90 minute break in the Super Bowl because a giant hole opened up in the field?

Great pics Trick. Thanks for posting.

thatsmrmastercraft
02-16-2010, 10:43 AM
Potholes... :noface:
Can you imagine the **** storm if they had to take a 90 minute break in the Super Bowl because a giant hole opened up in the field?

Great pics Trick. Thanks for posting.

Are you referring to a wardrobe malfunction of a different nature? :D :D

shepherd
02-16-2010, 11:13 AM
Are you referring to a wardrobe malfunction of a different nature? :D :D

No, I had no problem with that. :D

Jerseydave
02-22-2010, 08:41 AM
Very sad, a woman was killed yesterday in Phoenix after Antron Brown's rear wheel comes off his dragster.

http://www.nhra.com/story/2010/2/21/2010-phoenix-sunday/

I go to alot of drag races and you never think you're in danger up in the stands. :(

God bless this woman and her family.

Jerseydave
02-22-2010, 11:56 AM
Found this video of the crash, very sad.
Antron is lucky he wasn't badly hurt in this wreck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNpgz_JefO4

JMann
02-22-2010, 12:27 PM
Great pics of Daytona. Thanks for sharing.

Go Mark Martin!!!!

RexDog1
02-25-2010, 08:16 PM
Thanks Trick for the Photos :D

Well my 2010 racing plans are almost ready to hit the track, after 6 months of building the new car it will be finished SUNDAY and I will be testing soon with my first race late March:D

I missed you all on TT ….. Well not “all of you”:rolleyes: but it is nice to be back on…..

Finished the engine Time to hold on….:steering:

Monte
02-25-2010, 09:52 PM
Thanks Trick for the Photos

Well my 2010 racing plans are almost ready to hit the track, after 6 months of building the new car it will be finished SUNDAY and I will be testing soon with my first race late March

I missed you all on TT ….. Well not “all of you”:rolleyes: but it is nice to be back on…..

Dangit Jon! That is a hoss! Of course you know one picture of JUST the engine will not work. We will need to see the car!

Great to see you back on brutha:cool:

BTW what time does your flight arrive for CSM?:rolleyes:

KnoxX2
02-25-2010, 09:56 PM
Hard to believe that's a VW. Back in the early 90s I went to the Bug shootout in Sacramento!

DemolitionMan
03-07-2010, 10:10 PM
Brad Keselowski's car get's airborne after Carl Edward's spin's him.

TMCNo1
03-07-2010, 10:20 PM

Yea, that was ugly and it appears Edwards will pay, we'll see, http://www.nascar.com/video/cup/2010/post_race/highlights/03/07/cup_atl_high_two.nascar/index.html

thatsmrmastercraft
03-07-2010, 11:15 PM

Yea, that was ugly and it appears Edwards will pay, we'll see, http://www.nascar.com/video/cup/2010/post_race/highlights/03/07/cup_atl_high_two.nascar/index.html

That isn't what NASCAR had in mind when they changed the rules to allow a little more contact in racing for this year? :rolleyes:

trickskier
03-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Carl Edwards admits it was an intentional payback:

Another season, another Carl Edwards flip drama. As soon as Edwards' collision sent Brad Keselowski flying into the Atlanta dusk on Sunday night, the screaming began -- was it intentional? Was it payback? Did Edwards realize he could've killed somebody?

Edwards took to Facebook to explain himself, and the answers were, in order, yes, yes and no. In short, Edwards himself confirmed what everybody already suspected:

My options: Considering that Brad wrecks me with no regard for anyones safety or hard work, should I: A-Keep letting him wreck me? B-Confront him after the race? C-Wait til bristol and collect other cars? or D-Take care of it now? I want to be clear that I was surprised at his flight and very relieved when he walked away. Every person has to decide what code they want to live by and hopefully this explains mine.

Diamond Dawg
03-08-2010, 06:23 PM

Another season, another Carl Edwards flip drama. As soon as Edwards' collision sent Brad Keselowski flying into the Atlanta dusk on Sunday night, the screaming began -- was it intentional? Was it payback? Did Edwards realize he could've killed somebody?

Edwards took to Facebook to explain himself, and the answers were, in order, yes, yes and no. In short, Edwards himself confirmed what everybody already suspected:

My options: Considering that Brad wrecks me with no regard for anyones safety or hard work, should I: A-Keep letting him wreck me? B-Confront him after the race? C-Wait til bristol and collect other cars? or D-Take care of it now? I want to be clear that I was surprised at his flight and very relieved when he walked away. Every person has to decide what code they want to live by and hopefully this explains mine.

Lucky nobody got hurt!

trickskier
03-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Lucky nobody got hurt!

Very true! Can't wait to see what penalties NASCAR imposes tomorrow.

trickskier
03-08-2010, 06:41 PM
Thanks Trick for the Photos

Well my 2010 racing plans are almost ready to hit the track, after 6 months of building the new car it will be finished SUNDAY and I will be testing soon with my first race late March:D

Looking Great Jon!!! More Pics Please!!! :D

SkiDog
03-08-2010, 07:00 PM

I say, kick BOTH the a-holes out for the rest of the season! See if that don't cool them off a little bit!

JMann
03-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Rexdog that engine looks sweet. Let's see more pics of the car. Where is your home track?

I want to see Kurt Busch win at Sonoma. See if he can drive that track in reverse.

trickskier
03-08-2010, 09:34 PM
I say, kick BOTH the a-holes out for the rest of the season! See if that don't cool them off a little bit!

NASCAR took the gloves off so they could get back to good ole racing and settle it on the track! Now you want them both banned?

That's NOT going to help Jr. win --- :D8p

If you ain't rubbing - You ain't racing!

DemolitionMan
03-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Suspend Edward's for one race.

trickskier
03-09-2010, 11:39 AM
Suspend Edward's for one race.

Let'em race!!! Bristol is next!!! :D

CantRepeat
03-09-2010, 12:01 PM
The facts are simple on this one. A race before Talladega someone got push below the yellow line and who was already under the other car and making the pass. That person kept moving left so the lower car went below the yellow line and was DQ and lost the race.

Move to Talladega and Brad has the move on Carl. Brad is under him but Carl keeps moving left trying to block a car that already has the line. Brad, rather then go below the yellow line and get DQed held his line and Carl wreck himself.

Atlanta, and Carl is once again moving down on a car that has the line and wrecks himself.

Now Carl chases Brad around the track doing nothing but trying to wreck him, which he does.

Then he says he didn't know that he could kill someone doing that? Are you kidding me? He should be fined and suspended for at least 10 races!!

If he really wanted to do something, then he should of handle with Robby Gordon style, go the the trailer and choke slam the guy that tried to put you into the wall. I guaranty that if Carl would have done that to Robby Gordon he would be looking for a better fitting set of teeth.

trickskier
03-10-2010, 05:13 PM
Edwards was placed on Probation through April 10th (3 Races).

funk
03-10-2010, 06:34 PM
That 3 race probation was b.s. Edwards got that car back on the track for one reason only, and he accomplished that. For a guy that is 150 laps back to get on the track and take out a top 10 car is bull$h*t. Forget who, how, why.
I can name 2 others that got points taken away just for the words they said.

trickskier
03-11-2010, 09:11 AM
I disagree - Let them settle it on the track. That's the way Richard Petty, David Pearson, & Dale Earnhardt use to do it! If you ain't rubbing you ain't racing --- :D

CantRepeat
03-11-2010, 12:04 PM
I disagree - Let them settle it on the track. That's the way Richard Petty, David Pearson, & Dale Earnhardt use to do it! If you ain't rubbing you ain't racing --- :D

There is a difference between racing hard for a position and just trying to put someone into the wall. None of the drivers you mentioned drove around the track in 36th place looking to crash someone. But if someone was in the way of position it was on.

But when you are 150+ laps down and you are doing nothing but intentionally looking to cause an accident you are flat out wrong. I'm glad no one was hurt, but if someone in the stands died it would be a whole new story and that story would have included Carl's suspension from racing.

TOO-TALL
03-11-2010, 11:38 PM
There is a difference between racing hard for a position and just trying to put someone into the wall. None of the drivers you mentioned drove around the track in 36th place looking to crash someone. But if someone was in the way of position it was on.

But when you are 150+ laps down and you are doing nothing but intentionally looking to cause an accident you are flat out wrong. I'm glad no one was hurt, but if someone in the stands died it would be a whole new story and that story would have included Carl's suspension from racing.

I agree completly.......
Carl should be suspended for at least 3 races.
First Dancica comes in and runs a few races and crashes out....and now this. NASCAR is such a joke right now.

Monte
03-11-2010, 11:48 PM
In my opinion they need to take half the rules and throw them in the trash. Nascar has become way too predictable. Let them take STOCK cars and blow them out any way they can. It is BS to watch 43 cars, exactly the same, running around in circles for four hours. It is all about who can get away with cheating. (chad knaus). The only rules need to be safety related IE rollbars, harnesses, and helmets. Far too much politics in it these days to get real excited about it.

ShamrockIV
03-13-2010, 10:13 PM
i say it's almost time for bristol!!!! put your money on a busch!!! ;)

carl edwards is a punk and it showed. good things the other kid was unhurt as well as any fans.

trickskier
03-14-2010, 09:36 AM

I agree, what Carl did was wrong. Especially since Keselowski had a top 10 finish, Carl was not in contention, and the race was almost over. But NASCAR said they were going to take the gloves off and let the drivers settle it on the track. In my eyes they can't say that then revert back to what they were doing. NASCAR had gotten way too sterile especially with the C.O.T.

Carl should have wrecked him on the cool down lap then settled it in the garage. I believe this feud will carry on for several races. Carl and Brad need to settle this between themselves and NASCAR needs to be the referee.

I have been following NASCAR for more than 40 years and have seen a lot of feuds on the track. Petty & Allison, Petty & Pearson, Waltrip & Yarborough, Earnhardt & Bodine. It was good for the sport and it was good racing. That all changed when cry babies like Gordon & Johnson came in and complained to NASCAR if someone put a tire mark on their car.

As for the safety of the fans and drivers I NEVER want to see ANYONE get hurt! Hopefully, switching back to the spoilers will keep the cars on the ground.

"IF" someone had gotten hurt because of Carl's actions on the track, I believe he might be facing criminal charges, because it was clearly intentional.

TMCNo1
03-14-2010, 09:41 AM
I agree, what Carl did was wrong. Especially since Keselowski had a top 10 finish, Carl was not in contention, and the race was almost over. But NASCAR said they were going to take the gloves off and let the drivers settle it on the track. In my eyes they can't say that then revert back to what they were doing. NASCAR had gotten way too sterile especially with the C.O.T.

Carl should have wrecked him on the cool down lap then settled it in the garage. I believe this feud will carry on for several races. Carl and Brad need to settle this between themselves and NASCAR needs to be the referee.

I have been following NASCAR for more than 40 years and have seen a lot of feuds on the track. Petty & Allison, Petty & Pearson, Waltrip & Yarborough, Earnhardt & Bodine. It was good for the sport and it was good racing. That all changed when cry babies like Gordon & Johnson came in and complained to NASCAR if someone put a tire mark on their car.

As for the safety of the fans and drivers I NEVER want to see ANYONE get hurt! Hopefully, switching back to the spoilers will keep the cars on the ground.

"IF" someone had gotten hurt because of Carl's actions on the track, I believe he might be facing criminal charges, because it was clearly intentional.

Maybe the fans would have changed Edwards nickname from "Cousin Carl" to "Criminal Carl".:rolleyes:

trickskier
03-14-2010, 09:43 AM
Maybe the fans would have changed Edwards nickname from "Cousin Carl" to "Criminal Carl".:rolleyes:

Possibly --- :rolleyes:;)8p

trickskier
03-29-2010, 02:46 PM
FORCE POWER!!!

John & Ashley Force finish 1st & 2nd in first 4 Wide drag racing event at Concord, NC

trickskier
04-18-2010, 09:49 PM
Anyone headed to Talladega this weekend?

DemolitionMan
04-18-2010, 10:05 PM
Anyone headed to Talladega this weekend?

Nope. Are you?

trickskier
04-18-2010, 10:06 PM
Nope. Are you?

I'll be there - :D

JMann
04-19-2010, 06:17 PM
Hamlin is probably hoping all the races will be on Mondays. That's two Monday races and two wins for him.
What happened to the #24 did he and the 88 trade cars? JR is supposed to be the Hendrick car that finishes in the mid 20's not JG.

Another good run for M. Martin in the 5 car. I hope he makes the chase again this year.

ski_king
07-03-2010, 03:35 AM
Poor Kevin Conway.
As if having Extenze as his major sponser wasn't bad enough, check out his hat......

ShamrockIV
07-03-2010, 06:18 AM
man i am so tired of watching Jimmie Johnson win!!!! Man i hate that guy!! Gonna try to go to the night race at Bristol again this year to watch the 18 car win back to back sharpie 500's!!

nascar
07-03-2010, 09:11 AM
well ... I hope you do make it to Bristol so the #18 will have at least one fan that is not on his payroll ( if truth be told , willing to bet not even all of them pull for him ) . Hard to find anyone that likes either of the Busch brothers . I do thank you for serving our country and hope you make a safe return .

Double D
11-22-2010, 12:22 PM
Well, its officially over for another year and its another false championship for JJ. I know he is a good driver with a great crew chief but he is not good enough to win 5 in a row. The system is broke and NASCAR will go broke soon if they don't fix it. The CHASE only works for one driver. IMO

You can vote your opinion here:
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2010/11/eye-opener-has-jimmie-johnson-taken-the-spark-out-of-nascar/1

I have watched nascar since 1988 but stopped watching about two year ago after JJ won three in a row. Now my die-hard brother and nephew have now completely given up on it as well.

I think I will start watching Trophy Truck racing! That is some pretty good racing!

DooSPX
11-22-2010, 12:31 PM
I stopped watching NASCAR a while ago. But, I never really had that much interest in it. I am more of a Indycar, LMS, ASC and Drag Racing fan. But I would agree, I think the system is broke, there should be no reason why JJ won so many back to back.

funk
11-22-2010, 06:06 PM
Yeah, it's so easy that no one else can figure out how to win a championship? I know for the sport it would be good to have someone else win, but I like to see Jimmie win.

Boring little California boy wins another one!!

YooperScott
11-23-2010, 09:23 AM
No Jimmy Johnson fan here but please explain how it is yet another false championship? Seems to me that his team spends more, works harder, gets the luck, and just flat out wins. I'd love to see the 88 car winning races and I do think Nascar can get boring at times (need to shorten races by 25-50%) but give the guy credit where credit is due. It is a dynasty plain and simple (again no JJ fan although I will admit to hoping he would win over cry baby Hamlin). If it was fake and rigged for Jimmy I have a feeling Nascar would get smart and rig it for Jr since there would likely be a ton more dollars and ratings in it for them then. Without bothering to do any research you could go back and remove the chase and he probably still won at least 4 of them.

I personally think the whole chase thing is sort of dumb and worrying about whether 10 or 12 or 15 guys make it. Reset them all. Is a guy that was 10th or worse after 26 races suddenly going to come on and win? Doubt it, and if he does good for him.

Double D
11-23-2010, 10:06 AM
No Jimmy Johnson fan here but please explain how it is yet another false championship? Seems to me that his team spends more, works harder, gets the luck, and just flat out wins. I'd love to see the 88 car winning races and I do think Nascar can get boring at times (need to shorten races by 25-50%) but give the guy credit where credit is due. It is a dynasty plain and simple (again no JJ fan although I will admit to hoping he would win over cry baby Hamlin). If it was fake and rigged for Jimmy I have a feeling Nascar would get smart and rig it for Jr since there would likely be a ton more dollars and ratings in it for them then. Without bothering to do any research you could go back and remove the chase and he probably still won at least 4 of them.

I personally think the whole chase thing is sort of dumb and worrying about whether 10 or 12 or 15 guys make it. Reset them all. Is a guy that was 10th or worse after 26 races suddenly going to come on and win? Doubt it, and if he does good for him.

I never said anything about being fixed and I agree that JJ and his team work hard. I say its false because, as you state, "the whole chase thing is sort of dumb", and I think that "The Chase" is the problem. From what I understand, JJ would have only won two, maybe three championships in the old system and they were not in a row. I think it was a mistake to change the championship system and I think Nascar is probably saying the same thing now since there is only one Champion in five years. I really don't think these are the results they wanted, and I know they have lost fans because of it. IMO

I don't gamble but I bet I can guess who the Nascar champion will be in 2011. I would have won some money this year....:D

03 35th Anniversary
11-23-2010, 10:16 AM
They turned in into a 10 race shoot out is all they did. Back in 04 when they started the chase points system it was sold as points system that would make it harder for one driver to be a multiple champion. Also making those top 10/12 drivers work harder for a championship. If they would not of changed points system I do believe Johnson would only have one points championship. The chase points system and the economy are both killing NASCAR...

Who wants to watch when you know who is going to win? I used to watch all time, now I couldn't care if I saw a race or not. The only reason I started to watch the last couple of races is cause I thought some else was actually going to win...

YooperScott
11-23-2010, 10:55 AM
Ok so I did "some" research. The what-ifs get tricky because the point differential changed, perhaps the effort changes once they were "locked in" and they could be testing, going for wins, not point racing, and so on but suffice to say Harvick would have likely won this year, Gordon in '07, Stewart (he did) in '05. After that it gets way to much into what-ifs and them playing the system that is in place. Johnson very well would have won in '04 in the old system because they wouldn't have thrown away so many points "testing" before going into the chase. Most every other year ('06, '08, '09) he either would have won or it was close enough that the what-ifs really cannot say one way or the other. Suffice to say I will agree he probably would have not won 5 but he still would be at least a MANY time champion having probably getting his first in '04. Again I am no JJ fan.

I say throw the chase away, reset everyone with the bonus for wins and have at it. Or else keep it a year long point battle with no reset and deal with the fact that the championship can be all but officially locked up with half a dozen races to go in the season most years. Either way it will still be down to the same few guys. Unfortunately being a Jr fan I think his motivation and desire needs to improve expontentially or he will never really make these conversations. I have no doubt he has the ability (he's won 18 cup races) but I think he lacks the drive and desire, hopefully that changes one of these days soon.

Double D
11-23-2010, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the investigation Yooper. I am a Jeff Gordan fan but would love to see Jr get back into his winning ways. He has the owner to do it so not sure why he cant.

ShamrockIV
11-23-2010, 05:20 PM
I think Jimmie johnson has sold his soul to the devil!