PDA

View Full Version : Barefooter in NE PA

barefootjoe
01-07-2010, 12:41 AM
Send me a message if your in the area, we are always looking for people who want to go.

Jerseydave
01-07-2010, 04:35 AM
I'm in NJ, near Flemington. We run the Delaware river. Where do you barefoot?

barefootjoe
01-07-2010, 10:48 PM
we are close to lake wallenpaupack, but have also tried a launch on the river in easton.
I am probably about 1:15 from flemington itself. I dont know many footers, or skiers for that matter, would love to hook up this summer!

JohnnyB
01-07-2010, 10:54 PM
Good friend of mine is a footer and is out in that area on an extended assignment for work. He's footed every month of the year here in Wisconsin. How far are you from Chester, PA?

Jerseydave
01-08-2010, 11:38 PM
we are close to lake wallenpaupack, but have also tried a launch on the river in easton.
I am probably about 1:15 from flemington itself. I dont know many footers, or skiers for that matter, would love to hook up this summer!

Our ski spot is about 30 mins south of Flemington, so it would be a good 1:45 or more from you. Lake Wally gets a bit rough for footin after say 8am. You could also try Blue Marsh lake near Reading PA......again busy on weekends but I think weekdays are good there.
I may do some spring footin on Budd Lake in north Jersey near Lake Hopatcong.
Keep me in mind if you're ever down my way.

-Dave

Jerseydave
01-08-2010, 11:41 PM
Good friend of mine is a footer and is out in that area on an extended assignment for work. He's footed every month of the year here in Wisconsin. How far are you from Chester, PA?

JohnnyB, I'm about 1 hour north of Chester PA on the Delaware river near Bordentown NJ. We have a good spot for morning runs except after heavy rains which puts debris on the water. We have ice on the river right now. I usually don't splash the boat again until late April.

barefootjoe
01-11-2010, 11:27 PM

Im north from chester a good 2 hours without philly traffic. I think there is a guy named barefoot dave not far from him in deleware.

JohnnyB
01-24-2010, 03:54 PM
Next time I see my buddy, I'll ask him how long he's going to be there. He's hardcore so if there's open water and a boat, I'm sure he's game regardless of temp....we usually start our drysuit footin' shortly after the ice is out on the rivers in Wisconsin....late march/early april.