PDA

View Full Version : iPod question

captain planet
01-06-2010, 04:49 PM
So I got an iPod Touch for x-mas. Finally got iTunes to work on my computer and registered with iTunes Store. Now one question, how do you get the cover art to show up on the screen? I keep getting the generic music note on the cd cover on the screen. :(

Sodar
01-06-2010, 04:54 PM
You need to import the artwork through iTunes. What type of computer are you using? PC or Apple?

captain planet
01-06-2010, 05:11 PM
PC, Windows XP

Sodar
01-06-2010, 05:15 PM
Can't help ya! :D

captain planet
01-06-2010, 05:17 PM
Thanks anyway. :o

nmcjr
01-06-2010, 05:30 PM
Click "music" in the left pane. Then go to Advanced>Get Album Artwork. You need to be logged into Itunes store for this to work.

Sometimes this won't get all of it, and it will show you the ones it failed for. For example, if the album title is XYZ, but in your library it is XYZ (Explicit) that may cause a problem. In which case, select all the songs in that album and right click and go to "Get Info" and re-name the album by removing the (Explicit). Also, sometimes the album will be an artist featuring another artist, and this can cause a problem too.

JLeuck64
01-06-2010, 05:40 PM
Congrats on the new iPod CP!

I think you will find a new found love for listening to music again... I know I have.

I don't know if the stock ear buds have gotten any more comfortable to wear or not. I REALLY like the pair of ear buds that Bose sells. Spendy sure, but oh so worth it when wearing them for hours at a time.

east tx skier
01-06-2010, 06:05 PM
For stuff you import from CD, highlight everything on that album in your music list, right click, properties, and browse for Album artwork. I find that Amazon is a good source for the artwork.

captain planet
01-06-2010, 06:32 PM
THanks for your help guys. I already got all my artwork except one which it says is unavailable. Kinda new to the whole iPod experience. I'm hoping to be able to put all 400+ of my CD's on my iPod. It's 32 GB so I'll let you know if they all fit.

I have a bunch of music on my work computer on Windows Media Player. Is it possible to put this on a flash drive and load onto iTunes?

bcampbe7
01-06-2010, 06:33 PM
THanks for your help guys. I already got all my artwork except one which it says is unavailable. Kinda new to the whole iPod experience. I'm hoping to be able to put all 400+ of my CD's on my iPod. It's 32 GB so I'll let you know if they all fit.

I have a bunch of music on my work computer on Windows Media Player. Is it possible to put this on a flash drive and load onto iTunes?

Yep... Just need to import them into iTunes.

captain planet
01-06-2010, 06:55 PM
For stuff you import from CD, highlight everything on that album in your music list, right click, properties, and browse for Album artwork. I find that Amazon is a good source for the artwork.

highlight them in iTunes or in the folder in Windows? I found the missing artwork at amazon.

east tx skier
01-06-2010, 10:22 PM
highlight them in iTunes or in the folder in Windows? I found the missing artwork at amazon.

in itunes .....

Double D
01-06-2010, 11:38 PM
Dont forget all the apps you can get. Found one the other day that picks up web cams all over the world. I am sitting at home looking at the beaches in Hawaii and can control the camera from my iTouch. Its called Live Cams and only cost 99 cents.

captain planet
01-07-2010, 03:09 PM
in itunes .....

Got it. Thanks!

Next one. Download a cd and a track has artist x featuring artist y. It creates an additional album for the track with the featured artist. How do you get them all together?

An example would be with Ben Folds 'Way too Normal'. It created three 'albums' in the music section.

Thanks again for your help.

cdstukey
01-07-2010, 03:41 PM
You can select file > show duplicates in itunes and and it will open a folder with all versions of songs that are duplictes. Just select and delete the versions you do not want to keep