PDA

View Full Version : POLITICAL- So, the Dems say they want to work totgether, eh?

JimN
01-04-2010, 06:42 PM
How do they think they can get away with this? I wouldn't just post this to be a troll but this is something we all need to be aware of.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_HEALTH_CARE_OVERHAUL?SITE=WIMIL&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

trickskier
01-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Jim,

This administration seems to be above the law................:mad:

thatsmrmastercraft
01-04-2010, 07:13 PM
This even makes Louisiana and Minnesota election procedures look clean.

j2nh
01-04-2010, 07:52 PM
It's up to us to make them pay for this in the elections in 2010. I am outraged.

1boarder
01-04-2010, 09:16 PM
I believe we need to vote every incumbent out of office next election just to prove to them that their job is to actually listen and represent the people.

DemolitionMan
01-04-2010, 09:25 PM
That's why we need term limit's on every elected official.:)

JimN
01-04-2010, 09:41 PM
That's why we need term limit's on every elected official.:)

If we take away their ability to determine their own salary, pension, insurance plan and other bennies, I don't think term limits will be a problem but I do think we'll have a problem getting anyone to run. It's bad enough that we have the turds in Congress that we do but we need to find people who take that job out of their sense of duty. For all of Obama's talk about serving others, I think it's ironic that the members of Congress who want to exclude the GOP from any discussion over the health plan (which is full of pet projects and favors) are some of the most self-serving A-holes I can remember.

As far back as I can remember, when the campaigns were in full swing, my dad would ask, "Is this the best we have?". When I was a kid, I didn't know why he was asking but I'm not sure he would have survived the last 8-3/4 years.

bbymgr
01-04-2010, 09:42 PM
I have no doubt that we will regain control of the Senate this year. Then the checks and balances will be back in order. Then I just truly hope we put a viable candidate up for President in 2012.

JimN
01-04-2010, 09:50 PM
I have no doubt that we will regain control of the Senate this year. Then the checks and balances will be back in order. Then I just truly hope we put a viable candidate up for President in 2012.

The House needs to be re-tooled in '12, too and we do get the chance in that year. The odd thing- Obama promised jobs for so many and those same people are having a seriously hard time finding anything decent. College students and recent grads think they have everything dialed in but they never see it coming. The 7% margin could have been reversed so easily, too.

bbymgr
01-04-2010, 09:59 PM
The House needs to be re-tooled in '12, too and we do get the chance in that year. The odd thing- Obama promised jobs for so many and those same people are having a seriously hard time finding anything decent. College students and recent grads think they have everything dialed in but they never see it coming. The 7% margin could have been reversed so easily, too.

He promised a lot of crap...............everything but the kitchen sink. It's a good thing I already have a sink.:rolleyes:

DemolitionMan
01-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Spread the wealth.:mad:

captain planet
01-05-2010, 12:59 PM
Jim,

This administration seems to be above the law................:mad:

...and the last one wasn't? :mad:

Beyond Dennis Kucinich, Al Frankin, Ron Paul, Bernie Sanders, and THE Jesse Ventura you can put them all in a boat and send them out to sail as far as I am concerned. When is the last time ANY congress legislated for the people and not for corporations? Probably longer than I have been alive. :mad:

j2nh
01-05-2010, 01:31 PM
This is what he promised on the healthcare debate,

"That's what I will do in bringing all parties together, not negotiating behind closed doors, but bringing all parties together, and broadcasting those negotiations on C-SPAN so that the American people can see what the choices are," Obama said at a debate against Hillary Clinton in Los Angeles on Jan. 31, 2008.

Now see what you get.

Thumbs up to C-Span for calling him out on the carpet.

bbymgr
01-05-2010, 02:18 PM

Beyond Dennis Kucinich, Al Frankin, Ron Paul, Bernie Sanders, and THE Jesse Ventura you can put them all in a boat and send them out to sail as far as I am concerned. When is the last time ANY congress legislated for the people and not for corporations? Probably longer than I have been alive. :mad:

Unfortunately, that's probably true.:(

JimN
01-05-2010, 03:43 PM

Why stop at the year you were born? We could go just about all the way back to the beginning for members of Congress pulling one stunt, or another. If it hadn't been for the members who saw being in an elected office as a service to the country, we would have had our own monarchy, just on American soil. The Congress we have now are so similar to what France had with Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette, it's incredible. They saw all others in that country as peasants and a threat to their reign and if not for our Revolution in general and to a large extent, Benjamin Franklin in particular and his influence with Voltaire, their revolution would have either not happened at all or it would have happened much later. As it is, the timing had everything to do with Napoleon rising to power, along with his reign of terror.

Double D
01-09-2010, 10:29 AM
This is interesting but not surprising.

On Glenn Beck's show the other day, he had a graph up that showed past presidents and the percentage of each president's cabinet, appointees who had previously worked in the private sector.

You know a real life business, not a government job? Remember what that is? A private business?

Roosevelt - 38%
Taft - 40%
Wilson - 52%
Harding - 49%
Coolidge - 48%
Hoover - 42%
FDR - 50%
Truman - 50%
Eisenhower - 57%
Kennedy - 30%
LBJ - 47%
Nixon - 53%
Ford - 42%
Carter - 32%
Reagan - 56%
GHWB - 51%
Clinton - 39%
GWB - 55%

Obama - 8%

YEP, EIGHT PERCENT!! And these are the guys holding a "job summit" this past week? :(

I also find it interesting that "most" of the Democrat Presidents in my life time, or "I" know about from history, never made it out of the 30% bracket.

JimN
01-09-2010, 10:51 AM
This is interesting but not surprising.

On Glenn Beck's show the other day, he had a graph up that showed past presidents and the percentage of each president's cabinet, appointees who had previously worked in the private sector.

You know a real life business, not a government job? Remember what that is? A private business?

Roosevelt - 38%
Taft - 40%
Wilson - 52%
Harding - 49%
Coolidge - 48%
Hoover - 42%
FDR - 50%
Truman - 50%
Eisenhower - 57%
Kennedy - 30%
LBJ - 47%
Nixon - 53%
Ford - 42%
Carter - 32%
Reagan - 56%
GHWB - 51%
Clinton - 39%
GWB - 55%

Obama - 8%

YEP, EIGHT PERCENT!! And these are the guys holding a "job summit" this past week? :(

I also find it interesting that "most" of the Democrat Presidents in my life time, or "I" know about from history, never made it out of the 30% bracket.

Unless they got multi-million dollar book deals and could charge millions for speaking tours.

JimN
01-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Algore wants people to work together so much he wants global governance-
http://www.climatedepot.com/a/1893/Flashback-Gore-US-Climate-Bill-Will-Help-Bring-About-Global-Governance