PDA

View Full Version : JL Marine Subwoofer Grilles?

kmillard92
12-23-2009, 01:44 AM
Hey guys,

Have kinda a kwirky question. Recently purchased a new audio system for one of my vans that includes a sub enclosure with two JL Audio 12" subs. Problem is they have no grilles on em and I'm afraid they might get hit or punctured in the trunk. Looking for a little extra protection and I haven't found any grilles that I like besides the ones that come on our beloved MasterCrafts :D Talking about these (black or white doesn't matter):
http://www.dealercostcaraudio.com/images/products/detail/M10W5SGWH.jpg

So does JL or any dealer sell just the grills, or am i just going crazy in the head? :rolleyes: Anyway if anyone can help it'd be appreciated. Thanks!

ttu
12-23-2009, 08:40 AM
yes! i have a 07 x2 with the old grills and purchased new ones from one of the dealers who is on this board all the time. thanks mike!

medicmoose
12-23-2009, 08:49 AM
The ones from the Mastercraft boats are all 10" are they not? If you are looking for 12" covers you could look at Wetsounds or try Mastercraft By Design...I know they make cool looking covers but they too might only be 10"

jdl xstar
12-23-2009, 10:46 AM
The ones from the Mastercraft boats are all 10" are they not? If you are looking for 12" covers you could look at Wetsounds or try Mastercraft By Design...I know they make cool looking covers but they too might only be 10"

Medic is right, I have not seen 12" covers for JL Marine. 7" and 10" is what my amateur research has found.

EarmarkMarine
12-23-2009, 11:28 AM
KM,

The JL Marine 10-inch subwoofers have a variety of grill inserts that are not going to fit any other series of JL subs.

However, JL Audio offers a fine black metal mesh grill insert that fits into the rim of many of their current automotive subwoofers.

Here's a link to show a few grills. (http://www.earmarkcaraudio.com/xcart/home.php?cat=252)

EarmarkMarine
12-23-2009, 11:31 AM
If you have the style of JL automotive woofer with a plastic trim ring that encompasses the outer rim then universal or alternate brand grills will not be a great fit. Just an FYI.

David
Earmark Marine

kmillard92
12-25-2009, 03:45 AM
If you have the style of JL automotive woofer with a plastic trim ring that encompasses the outer rim then universal or alternate brand grills will not be a great fit. Just an FYI.

David
Earmark Marine

Darn...thats the kind I have. Guess I will be making a visit to my local audio shop/JL dealer.

Maybe MC and JL just need to step it up and start putting 12" subs in boats 8p