PDA

View Full Version : Track Vision Tower camera

vision
12-21-2009, 08:18 PM
Does anyone have additional specs (resolution, focus options, format?) for this camera or better yet does anyone have any videos from this camera?

ridesdirt
12-21-2009, 09:04 PM
Try Lee at Mastercraft of Charlotte.

duckguy
12-22-2009, 11:19 AM
400 hundred buys a really nice HD camcorder.

MasterCraftByDesign
12-22-2009, 01:01 PM
Does anyone have additional specs (resolution, focus options, format?) for this camera or better yet does anyone have any videos from this camera?

HARDWARE
The POV.1.5 records in 2 modes, LOOP or CLIP. In LOOP mode, the user TAGs and saves key video segments. In CLIP mode, video is continuously recorded as in traditional video recording. Recording, playback and set-up are controlled by buttons on the POV.1.5 recorder.

Video:
Frame rates: 30fps, 25fps, 24fps, 15fps
Resolutions: 720x480, 720x400, 640x480, 360x240
Formats: MPEG4 AVI (DivX Codec) digital, NTSC/PAL analog
Exposure control: Automatic exposure control and white balance

Imaging Hardware:
Sensor: Advanced CMOS sensor with electronic global shutter
Dynamic range: 75dB to 110dB
Sensitivity: 5 lux color sensor (Sub 0.1 lux monochrome sensor)
Processor: 32 Bit MIPS processor, 12 Bit image

Optics:
Sensitivity: F/#2.0, Relative Illumination @full field 90%
Effective focal length: 2.97mm
Field of View: 110 degrees

Includes:

POV.1.5 recorder with LCD display
Wide Angle camera head 110 degrees
LVDS Cable
POV Manager software
Wireless Remote Control
4GB SDHC Card
USB cable
Analog A/V cable
Quick Start Guide
Double-Hook and Loop Mount
Star Mount

If you have any other questions just let me know,
Thanks,

John

corey
12-22-2009, 03:06 PM
John,

Is there a manual for this system? We have it on a couple of our boats and I've been working with it, its fairly straight forward but I feel like I am not utilizing it to its potential.

MasterCraftByDesign
12-22-2009, 03:49 PM
John,

Is there a manual for this system? We have it on a couple of our boats and I've been working with it, its fairly straight forward but I feel like I am not utilizing it to its potential.

The kit that we sell does come with a DVD explaining everything. I am looking for something that you will be able to download but I'm not having any luck thus far.

John

cbryan70
12-22-2009, 04:57 PM
How in the world do you have 10,000 post? I can only see 28 when I look at your previous posts

TX.X-30 fan
12-22-2009, 05:01 PM
How in the world do you have 10,000 post? I can only see 28 when I look at your previous posts

So what are you saying or insinuating??

vision
12-22-2009, 06:35 PM
John,

Best I can tell, it is this camera. I have used this camera in other situations. I actually prefer the GoProGo HD helmet camera. But the POV has a much richer accessories bundle.

http://www.vio-pov.com/products/pov_15.php

cbryan70
12-22-2009, 10:29 PM
So what are you saying or insinuating??

Im saying that the admin on this forum threw about 10,000 post onto his count to make him seem like a valued member. He may be but no need to do that IMO

medicmoose
12-23-2009, 08:58 AM
Im saying that the admin on this forum threw about 10,000 post onto his count to make him seem like a valued member. He may be but no need to do that IMO

Are these "posts" available for purchase. I mean I know that I love this site and am a real MC fan but I would like to appear more like a fan that has 1,000 posts rather than some loser with only 45 posts! 8p

sizzler
12-23-2009, 09:05 AM
i been on here for over 5 years.....and know all the long time posters....they dont need to have hi post counts to seem valued....

ERK went thru a post-ho stage to try and usurp ETS.....he failed.......only NO.1 has gone past him.....

if someone needs 10,000 posts awarded to them...then they need to look in their pants and see whats lacking:D

TX.X-30 fan
12-23-2009, 09:10 AM
Its a travesty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sizzler
12-23-2009, 09:14 AM

i couldnt have said it better......

well..i could have ..because i understand the Queens english and not French

scott023
12-23-2009, 09:26 AM
This is crap. I want MC Hero status. Who do I talk to John?

P.S Pete, your Queens english ain't getting you no where here ya cheeky bloke.

sizzler
12-23-2009, 09:28 AM
This is crap. I want MC Hero status. Who do I talk to John?

P.S Pete, your Queens english ain't getting you no where here ya cheeky bloke.

hi Scott.....mng to ya.....

scott023
12-23-2009, 09:34 AM
hi Scott.....mng to ya.....

How's things across the pond Pete? You all ready for Christmas?

Don't forget that bottom button... :D

sizzler
12-23-2009, 09:39 AM
How's things across the pond Pete? You all ready for Christmas?

Don't forget that bottom button... :D

yes mate..its all good.....got my hats....i'm well chuffed...pure rabbit...they make me look very canadian.....you canucks are a wonderful race....especially the english derived ones..

no offence Andre:D

bobx1
12-23-2009, 01:33 PM

No it is not! It is "Change We Can All Believe In"!!! We are all supposed to be on equal footing starting in 2009. No more superior classes. Whomever has the highest post count should be taxed and those posts spread equally amoungst all users.

TMCNo1
12-23-2009, 01:39 PM
No it is not! It is "Change We Can All Believe In"!!! We are all supposed to be on equal footing starting in 2009. No more superior classes. Whomever has the highest post count should be taxed and those posts spread equally amoungst all users.

I heard all that was covered under the new Obama Health Care Plan?:rolleyes::D

cbryan70
12-23-2009, 01:42 PM
wonder how many more votes they are going to buy

michael freeman
12-24-2009, 01:14 AM
Only 9,999 more posts like this one to earn the respect and honor of..... oh never mind, who cares????

TX.X-30 fan
12-24-2009, 02:11 PM

Well said Comrade. :D

chippy1971
06-16-2010, 12:52 AM
Has anyone installed one of these units on there boat.

I am interested to see what the video looks like and whether it is worth the money or not.

If anyone has some video that they have posted on youtube that I can look at that was taken with this system please put the link in your reply.

Regards

Brandon.

chippy1971
06-16-2010, 05:42 AM
I would love to see some video that has been taken from this product that has been on the boat.

I would love to see how much it would shake and what not.

Does anyone have a video that they can share.

Does Mastercraft have one they can share.

GregS
06-16-2010, 07:31 PM
I have video off our 2010 X-Star....I will grab the sd card and copy it this weekend. It does not shake, very clean and crisp...I have some great video! Actually the first video on the SD card was done at MC. I don't know if you can post it on here or not....anyone?????

GregS
06-16-2010, 07:35 PM
I just read the whole thread....can I get a copy of the CD for the camera...we did not get a copy with our MasterCraft Owners manual.

chippy1971
06-17-2010, 02:31 AM
Thanks GregS that would be great to see what the video looks like. As it is an expensive option to buy in sydney so I want to be sure that it works well.

Regards
Brandon.

chippy1971
06-17-2010, 02:32 AM
You might need to turn it into a YouTube video and put the link in here.

GregS
06-17-2010, 07:19 AM
Once I copy it, I will post my email address...you can shoot me an email...then I will send it. I have never posted anything on Youtube....I might give it a shot though.

bbrr22
06-20-2010, 05:29 PM
Does anyone have any photos of the track vision tower cam install on there boat? Really just looking to see how and where the main screen and controller are mounted.

Also if anyone out there has it how do you like it?

Holman J.B.F
06-21-2010, 02:35 AM
i have one,..imho not worth the money.It,s just a nice gadget.resolution is ok when you play thre sd card back on a laptop.
When you play it back on the MC big screen the quality is pretty bad.
I,ll take the sd card out next time and post it on youtube,just for your information.
We fooled arround with a Gopro HD cam ....much better.

see hi res image.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eklYBI3MlP4

chippy1971
06-21-2010, 09:51 PM
Hi that is not what I asked for. I asked if someone had the Track Vision camera installed on their boat and I wanted to see some footage of what is looked like.

The flying around in a plane or some other R/C device is not from the boat.

GregS please let me know if you have managed to download your videos.

Holman J.B.F
06-22-2010, 02:59 AM
sorry,..i just wanted to say save your money and go with a Gopro High Defenition cam.there are aftermarket video track systems to mount the camera.

i,ll take my laptop to the boat tonight and will post some footage of the Pov. Vio

GregS
06-22-2010, 07:34 AM
I did not get a chance to copy it this week...I will be down on Friday and I will copy some footage then....sorry for the delay.

BoulderX45
06-22-2010, 12:32 PM
sorry,..i just wanted to say save your money and go with a Gopro High Defenition cam.there are aftermarket video track systems to mount the camera.

i,ll take my laptop to the boat tonight and will post some footage of the Pov. Vio

Can you point me in the right direction for the aftermarket video track systems that mount to the boat. I love this idea of a video that no one has to hold I just can't find a way to mount on the tower and track the rope.

Thanks,

bbrr22
06-22-2010, 03:13 PM
www.wakevideo.com has a tracking system that i just purchase and works great. I have an HD camera that i mount to it record all day take it off at the end of the day and watch it wheni get home.

johkur
06-27-2010, 12:25 PM
I think the MC camera is pretty cool. It follows the wakeboarder and the picture is clear. It does, however, store in AVI Divx format (not mpg), so is about 20MB per minute and not playable until you download a divx codec/player. The 18 second clip I was going to upload was 7MB, and haven't found a tool to convert the divx into .mpg or other reasonably compressed format. I originally wasn't able to play the clips from the SD card on a Mac or PC until I downloaded the free divx player for the pc. (even though its a .avi file, doesn't mean all players can play it without the right 'codec').

Also, the camera comes with a sound input plug in the control unit (in the glove box), but no mic. I bought a $20 mic at Radio Shack as an experiment though, and it sounds reasonable. I'm thinking I'll hook the stereo out into the audio-in instead though (so the video will have the same sounds as the tower speakers), since there is alot of windnoise with the mic, and was why I'm told MC didn't include a mic.

frosty
06-27-2010, 06:40 PM
If you are on a mac, google "HandBrake"... it's a freebie, and should do all the converting / ripping you need.

KBKOOL
08-05-2010, 11:29 AM
I have enjoyed my camera on my 2010 X15 - and the kids love posting their videos to their facebook pages, etc. Plus it's a great tool for seeing what you are doing wrong after a set.

In addition to the softward that comes with the camera, there are a bunch of options here:

http://www.windowsreference.com/multimedia/how-to-play-avi-files-in-windows-media-player/

My first Post!!

KBKOOL
08-05-2010, 11:39 AM
One more thing, once you take a video, you can post it to the V.I.O webpage for common viewing. It takes a while to upload, but it's a great way to share the video.

Here's one of my brother attempting a heelside backroll. No injuries were sustained!

http://share.vio-pov.com/videoManager/play.php?file=ODcyNy85MzUwLmZsdl45NzU2XmtlbkBzaWRp Y3VzLmNvbQ==

Graphics are not High Def, but pretty good...

98InTheHole
10-23-2010, 04:23 AM
Has anyone taken footage of someone wakesurfing with the TrackVision? Can the angle be changed to capture the surfer? Or would it just produce an image of their head?

KBKOOL
11-05-2010, 12:04 AM
You just angle the camera lower, it works fine in general. However, if someone is surfing forward and back a fair ways you'll end up outside of the range. Having said that, the camera software has some adjustments that allow you to pan a bit wider that should help with that.

Plave
11-05-2010, 05:44 AM
There is an official Mastercraft video on Youtube showing Zane wakesurfing using the tower cam and the angle is fine.

I'm still a bit disapointed with the lens and resolution though.

D3skier
11-05-2010, 08:29 AM
There is an official Mastercraft video on Youtube showing Zane wakesurfing using the tower cam and the angle is fine.

I'm still a bit disappointed with the lens and resolution though.

are you sure you have the video set to the highest resolution? I thought this was 1080p which is the best quality available.

JBH0179
04-07-2012, 10:04 PM
where can i get the assembly that holds the camera?

mzimme
04-08-2012, 01:13 AM
You guys need to get a GoPro. 300 bucks for 1080p @30fps, 720p @ 60 fps, or just standard video @ 120fps. Got slow motion?

Captain Fronk
04-09-2012, 11:23 AM
Hi John @Mastercraftbydesign - the VIO Guys working on an HD Camera Head with 6.5m Cable.
If they do it right, it would be a great Value to include it to the MCbydesign and factory offering.
The 1.5 Cam Resolution (in times of HD overall) is pretty poor so an upgrade is a must have.
I talked to Patrick Myron from VIO.
Cheers Captain Fronk