PDA

View Full Version : Info on Kauai

JohnnyB
12-20-2009, 06:28 PM
Wife and I got free lodging at Pono Kai on the Island of Kauai the last week of Feb. Spent a bunch of frequent flyer miles to get the tix.

I did some searches and found an old thread UMP posted which had some basics on Hawaii in general. However, I'm lookin' for specifics on Kauai.....what to see, where to eat, what to do.

Plan to spend a portion of it sittin' on the beach sippin' fruity drinks.

Would be cool if I could find some pulls somewhere :D

cbryan70
12-20-2009, 06:31 PM
not sure how far kauai is from molikini(spelling) the crater with the reef but I would say that is a must do. Could be whale season. From what I have heard kauai is like maui was 20 years ago. Ill talk to my uncle he has been there alot. Alot more laid back. Ive been to maui and honalulu(spelling) maui is great the other one is basically a city and sucks. would like to go now just to watch the pipeline and drink all day.

TX.X-30 fan
12-20-2009, 06:32 PM
Did UMP get laid in Hawaii??

east tx skier
12-20-2009, 08:40 PM
Rains in Kauai quite a bit. Shark nets where we were. That was years ago though. Nice little garden island.

trickskier
12-20-2009, 08:55 PM
Checkout the link below - A must do - A lot of fun!!!

Do the 4 Hour Waterfall Tour.

http://www.kauaiatv.com/

trickskier
12-20-2009, 08:58 PM
not sure how far kauai is from molikini(spelling) the crater with the reef but I would say that is a must do. Could be whale season. From what I have heard kauai is like maui was 20 years ago. Ill talk to my uncle he has been there alot. Alot more laid back. Ive been to maui and honalulu(spelling) maui is great the other one is basically a city and sucks. would like to go now just to watch the pipeline and drink all day.

Molokini is off shore from Maui --- Probably too far from Kauai. But, I agree a must do if possible.

h2oskifreak
12-20-2009, 09:20 PM
Should be whale season if you would like to see them.

MCnewbie
12-20-2009, 09:29 PM
1. Waimea Canyon - grand canyon of the pacific 2. Poipu beach great snorkling & usually a monk seal on the beach 3. Napali coast tour (helicopter is the best) 4. Dukes canoe club good eats, Roy's for dinner in poipu (must get chocolate souffle) 5. kayak up the wailuka river. Costco buy your gas there and grab a pizza and eat it on the beach. Shipwreck beach is good boogie boarding. Buy the kauai revealed book is really good. Have fun.. it's whale season.

Patrick Hardy
12-20-2009, 11:07 PM
Here is a good place to begin to look for things to do: www.kauai-hawaii.com
All of the things that MCnewbie said would also be high on my list of things to do. There is one other thing that i would add....go skiing / wake boarding on the Wailua River...contact info. Kauai Water Ski & Surf Co. 808-822-3574 / 800-344-7915. Have fun!

M-Funf
12-21-2009, 03:15 PM
Been there a few times. We always stayed at The Cliffs in Princeville.

Napali Coast snorkeling is great.

Weiamea canyon in a jeep is also fun.

Stay away from the Fern Grotto and anything with Poi. Smith's Luau was expensive, bad food, and generally a tourist trap.

The Kapaa Fish and Chowder House is great!

Tahiti Nui restaurant was also good.

There is a Roy's in Poipu. Awesome food!

Duke's on Waikiki was great. Don't know about the one on Kauai, though.

You can waterski on the Wailua River. They rent everything.

Very nice golf courses if you want. The Prince course and the Makai course are both awesome! I think the Makai course is closed at this time.

Hike the NaPali coast. Very difficult hike...