PDA

View Full Version : ECM Hours different from Dash?

KHall
12-18-2009, 12:14 AM
My scanning program shows run time as 743 hrs compared to what the dash which shows 734 hrs. Not concerned just wondering how that is.

Thrall
12-18-2009, 01:42 AM
That's pretty close actually. I just sold my Prostar, which had a new ECM not long after I bought it. The buyer put iton a Tech II and the ecm hrs showed approx 100 less than the dash. I never leave the key on (maybe a cpl hrs over the last several years).
Told him it was a lower hr boat and I wanted $1000 more! :D jk

Jim@BAWS
12-18-2009, 08:07 AM
Did you buy the boat new?
It is usually the other way around. ECM will show higher than dash guage, Especially older boats w/ ECMs. My own personal boat shows 551 on the hr meter vs 500 or so on the ECM...someone must have left the key on

Jim@BAWS

Bouyhead
12-18-2009, 12:47 PM
What other info can you get out of the boats ECM? IIRC some programs for the fuelie outboards gave a breakdown on hours at different RPM's,time at WOT etc. Can you obtain this info on MC ECM's? Seems like good info if you were buying a used boat.

bturner2
12-19-2009, 08:01 AM
Do you need a code scanner to see the ECM hours? If not how do you check this? I bought my boat used last spriing and would really like to see the hours on the ECM.

KHall
12-19-2009, 06:18 PM
Did you buy the boat new?
It is usually the other way around. ECM will show higher than dash guage, Especially older boats w/ ECMs. My own personal boat shows 551 on the hr meter vs 500 or so on the ECM...someone must have left the key on

Jim@BAWS

Did not buy new, The ECM is showing higher than the guage, Looks to be opposite of your boat.