PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Xstar Tower Diameter

5280Hawk
12-14-2009, 02:51 PM
Can anyone tell me the Diameter of the Tubes on this tower? Mine is covered for winter and i can't get at it to measure.

It's the original Zero-flex that came with the boat.

I want to get some new speaker cans and a light bar as well as a Mirror arm.

Thanks for the help!

TMCNo1
12-14-2009, 03:08 PM
http://www.newdimensiontowers.com/ can tell you.

nmcjr
12-14-2009, 03:22 PM
It is 1 7/8"

As for the mirror arm, not sure if you have one picked out yet, but I tried a couple different ones and ended up getting the Mastercraft one. Reason being, due to the shape of it, even though it is easily removable, you can mount it on the lower tower leg and you don't have to remove it to lower the tower. Others just wouldn't fit right to be able to do this, or if they did they blocked my vision too much.

5280Hawk
12-14-2009, 03:57 PM
Thanks Guys!

I have a Mirror arm in mind - from DIYwake.com

http://www.diywake.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=578

These guys have awesome prices and their stuff seems to be really good quality.

nmcjr
12-14-2009, 04:06 PM
Do you fold your tower down each time? If so, you will have to mount it on the lower part of the tower, i.e. below the hinge. Reason being, to put it in the right place for viewing on the upper tower leg it will be forward in such a way that it will hit the windshield when you fold it down, preventing it from folding down all the way and potentially breaking the windshield if you forgot to remove it and it hit. If you don't fold it down each time this may not be an issue.

The DIY arm looks pretty adjustable so it may work on the lower leg, but its hard to say for sure without trying it. I think I got the MC arm for $175 if I remember right, and I do know that one works for sure. If DIY will let you return it if it doesn't work then no harm in trying it.

5280Hawk
12-18-2009, 02:06 PM
I only take is down when i winterize it, but thanks for the Heads up!